Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mikebooker

Supporters Club

61 posts in this topic

I guess and it is only a guess they sell the programmes, run the car park and Doghouse and perhaps arrange the away bus? They certainly deserve a higher profile.

I guess and it is only a guess they sell the programmes, run the car park and Doghouse and perhaps arrange the away bus? They certainly deserve a higher profile.

There's not that much about them on the message board. This thread was started in 2013.

Is it still going properly? It sounds up in the air earlier on in this thread.

There's not that much about them on the message board. This thread was started in 2013.

Is it still going properly? It sounds up in the air earlier on in this thread.

I believe that Batley have the second oldest Supporters Club in the RL,and they have a rich and interesting history, my dad was an active member when I was a child. I think that now, it tends to be overshadowed somewhat by BISSA in terms of fundraising, however the members are active around the club particularly on match days, and continue to raise funds for the club.

I do not think that having a presence on this forum as being an indicator of their success or otherwise, though it has been stated before that it would be a useful outlet for them.

Are you a member Distantdog?

I'd genuinely like to know all about the club and how to join. Is Dogga still involved?

I have been, and would be quite happily, as it is only £3 but being so distant, it can be hard sorting it out. Not sure who the personnel are who are involved on here.

Sorted. I've been in touch with Dogga.

How?

The original supporters club no longer exists it was replaced by a new body in the late 1990s I believe.

The original supporters club no longer exists it was replaced by a new body in the late 1990s I believe.

What do you mean 'new body'? Surely it IS the same club? What'd make it a different one?

Hello BatleyFanAndy, this might refer to the time when the original supporters club had to go underground because of dispute between the rugby club and the supporters club.

Cheers Roger.

Hello BatleyFanAndy, this might refer to the time when the original supporters club had to go underground because of dispute between the rugby club and the supporters club.

Cheers Roger.

Ah right. I'm not aware of this. Do you know what happened?

Surely our friend Gary wasn't involved?

Ah right. I'm not aware of this. Do you know what happened?

I think this was before the 90's. It was what l was referring to when l mentioned the rich and interesting history. My dad was active then, as was Dan Winner's dad and grandad, both called John.

Hello there DistantDog, I remember them well and all the away trips we went on, they had a long cabin down the left hand side of the cricket field just before the cinder rise to the top of the terracing. 

Good days then.

Cheers Roger.