Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scott

Team and predictions for fax

133 posts in this topic

looking at their squad they are strong. we will have to deal with the pace they will play the game at. tough one but another top show by the lads and you never know.

I think it is a case of the turf laid at this time of the year not been able to bed into the soil .That been the case there will be a lot of lose grass that could make foot hold very difficult.

Or lack of work by the sound of it?? 4 days before the game as well? Surely someone has been keeping an eye on things.

I asked a couple of weeks back on how things were progressing on the works,and I think there was a statement in the paper updating us on the progress, from what I was told today the seats still hadnt been installed or even delivered, as for the pitch the work done was on the try line to the dead ball line for drainage, with the weather we have had I would be surpriised if this has had time to take, will be a real shame if its off, could BP not be used in the short term, we have played there before?

BP would be a great idea, we play sat and the pitch had been cutting up of late but it still holds up

BP would be a great idea, we play sat and the pitch had been cutting up of late but it still holds up

Well if theres a chance it cant be played on DP surely BP could be a option, and the extra ££ would come in handy for Reds, I would have thought the BOD would want it on rather than off, lets hope its on, Im chomping at the bit for my rugby.

If it was to be played at BP and I was reds chairman, there would no fee. I would just be happy with what ever was spent in the bar :)

Surely Mr Dobie has burned his bridges with what he has said about Town when the single stadium was mooted!

I'm sure our BOD wouldn't let our first home game be spoiled, if these rumours are true there are bound to be plans in place.

If the Turf hasn't taken hold by Sunday I doubt it wouild be any better for the next home game. What we deffo dont want is the game being played on Wednesday, fewer travelling fans and Real Madrid v Utd on the box. :(

Woooh folks woooh -

Just to clarify, a pitch inspection is taking place this morning to look at a couple of areas of the pitch where new turf has been laid. The areas under inspection have recently been levelled with turf being laid on top - but with the weather etc, the turf has not had much time to bed in. But it is hoped the inspection will confirm that the pitch will be ok.

The rest of the work, grandstand seats and general stadium work is well on course.

....... fax will not relish coming to cumbria and will under estimate us. town 26 fax 16.

I

I'm with you Wonky. I'm not sure they will under estimate us I just reckon that there is a hell of a team spirit at Town building on from last year and they won't be afraid of anyone and with Lupton back to his best who knows, I'm certainly not writing a win off.

halifax are possibly the more skillful out the 2 sides, but skill only takes you so far. heart,determination and spirit can overcome any challenge. and i dont think any team has more of them 3 attributes than town. honestly halifax would win this game 7 out of 10 times, but sunday wont be one of them

I got told that the game can't be reversed because the fax pitch is being used for something else

Got a feeling we will edge this one, town 26-22 fax...attendance-1,078

Sam Barlow is out for halifax and worrincy put on twitter he was also out. Mick Nanyn and Bowman are back from injury.

....... Mick Nanyn and Bowman are back from injury.

So thats where Nanyn is now, surely not still in the centres?

Nanyn won't look so big as a centre with big Morris gunning him down, and I don't think he's the player of a few years back. He was a top attacking centre but unfortunately didn't have a heart proportionate in size to the rest of him, couple of big shots early on should sicken him.

Published in the Halifax Courier, "Coach Karl Harrison was pondering reverting to effectively three front rowers ahead of Sunday’s clash with Workington in the newly-titled Kingstone Press Championship.

Fax spent much of last season playing with a third ball-carrying forward at loose forward, usually either Sam Barlow or Craig Ashall.

Harrison changed tactics for last week’s opening day 18-10 win over Sheffield, with playmaker Scott Murrell taking the number 13 shirt.

But the size and condition of the Derwent Park playing surface could prompt a rethink this weekend.

“We’re expecting a skinny field and a Workington side with a giant forward pack,” said Harrison, who confirmed he had asked an acquaintance in Cumbria to report back on the playing conditions ahead of Friday night’s final training session.

“That could mean we go with three props from the start.

“We’ll assess things and make a final decision today.”

With Barlow ruling himself out with a foot injury, Harrison has added teenage forwards Niall Berrett and Conor Wood to his initial selection.

Utility back Anthony Bowman, who has yet to feature in 2013 after undergoing shoulder surgery, could also come into contention, pending a successful comeback in last night’s under 23 friendly at Leigh.

“One of those three could be in the mix,” said Harrison.

“Bowman’s got the best chance, but the other two have been training great all winter.

“It’s too soon for them, but I got thrown in to first team rugby league at 17 and you’ve got to make the jump at some stage.”

I remember Nanyn coming here with Oldham . He did absolutely nowt but bulldozed over for two tries from 3 yards and kicked

every goal!

yeah i remember that, hes a big useless lump until hes inside the opponents 20 where hes one of the best around.

Nearly time for the first home match! Nice bit in the Halifax Courier

“Halifax forward Andy Bracek has warned that Championship new boys Workington will be a “different proposition” on home soil in 2013. “If you play Workington away, they are a different proposition,” said Bracek, …..“They grow an extra pair of legs when they’re on their own field. “The pitch is like a postage stamp and they’re a big, big side; the centres are the same size as the props. “The Aussie Jarrad Stack in the back row is a really good player and Peter Lupton’s there now; he’s got a nice pass on him and he’ll hurt you if you let their forwards get on top.”

It’s going to be some tough contest with Halifax trying to dominate the forward battle from the word go.

I read that . Hope he plays like he did for Barra here.