Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gingerjon

Is your MP a relic from the 1950s?

87 posts in this topic

True. They're unlikely to have a long career if they consistently go against the wishes of their constituents however.

Yeah but I don't think that's likely to be the reason her career is curtailed.

She was involved in the first sleaze scandal of the Coalition and then after banging on ad nauseam about family values and how her husband was standing by her rebuilding the trust blah blah blah blah

That and she's bloody useless.

She was involved in the first sleaze scandal of the Coalition and then after banging on ad nauseam about family values and how her husband was standing by her rebuilding the trust blah blah blah blah

Last bit is probably key :lol: My comment was a bit of a generalisation however, as I don't know the first thing about this particular mp.

To be fair, if a wife stands by a straying husband it's accepted as more "normal" than a husband standing by a straying wife. If the roles had been reversed, the press would have presented her as a martyr to the vagaries and stresses of pursuing a political career.

All sorts of different ground rules are adopted in individual stable relationships.

To be fair, if a wife stands by a straying husband it's accepted as more "normal" than a husband standing by a straying wife.

really?

that last article is prtty vile

what has the colour of her hair got o do with anyting? The colour of her husband's hair isn't

and as for 'Cameron cutie' FFS

really?

I have to agree with Wolford: rightly or wrongly, it is. Probably less so than it once was though.

I have to agree with Wolford: rightly or wrongly, it is. Probably less so than it once was though.

mate I just don't know: is there any hard information to show this?

mate I just don't know: is there any hard information to show this?

Nope, just my opinion. ;)

at least rugby gets a mention under blah-blah - At just 22, stunning soprano Laura, who warmed up the crowd at the Rugby League 2012 Challenge Cup Final, has been chosen to perform with the Royal Ballet at the Royal Opera House in Covent Garden.

My MP voted for it. Our next door independant (currently) MP voted against it (her speach wittered on about divorce despite her affair with a married man).

My old MP voted against it and he is Labour. (I think he is also anti-abortion, anti stem cells, etc)

Jim ?

Jim ?

Yup, luckily(!) he has such a massive majority that his views on such subjects are immaterial to his re-election!