Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chinaman

How many Teams Will fail to Start/Complete Season?

231 posts in this topic

Its not about summer/ winter its about getting the playing season right March to November is clearly not working for the majority of the game , but we have no one in the game at the top brave enough to admit it . And the result will be devastating in the Long run putting all your eggs in one basket was not the best call .

So come on that MAN step forward and be brave ,

Could we have an "i,m sparticus " moment , i doubt it .

It was reported at the Hull youth/junior meeting that the number of teams registered this year is the lowest for 25 years.

I don't know what its like in the rest of the country, but up here in Cumbria the local league organisers are dong everyting they can to try and rebuild the game from the bottom upwards. They have taken their heads out of the sand and accept that peoples perception of the game, their social habits and player demands are changing and they are actively working towards finding solutions to problems rather than blame the switch to summer, wet winters, cheap pints or play stations or anything else people want to blame.

Does anyone seriously think that a switch back to winter will cure the game of its ills overnight. We need to run with the summer comp for the next five years to give it a realistic chance of succeeding, and that means allowing the next generation of younger players the chance to make up their own minds rather than have some 45 year old seasoned prop telling them it was better in the old days!

Gilly from Seaton is a regular contributor on here and I'm sure he will post to tell you the type of ideas that are being thrown about up here as he is more involved in the management side, the important thing is to talk to clubs and get feed back, and in Cumbria they seem to enjoy doing this and taking constructive critisism on board without spitting the dummy out.

Stu as been reinstated as CB rep for Barla , his replacement conceded that the job was beyond him .

Thats great news, There are people within the amateur game capable of taking it forward a BARLA board with guys like Stuart and Paul Williamson the CARLA secretary would be a step forward

I don't know what its like in the rest of the country, but up here in Cumbria the local league organisers are dong everyting they can to try and rebuild the game from the bottom upwards. They have taken their heads out of the sand and accept that peoples perception of the game, their social habits and player demands are changing and they are actively working towards finding solutions to problems rather than blame the switch to summer, wet winters, cheap pints or play stations or anything else people want to blame.

Does anyone seriously think that a switch back to winter will cure the game of its ills overnight. We need to run with the summer comp for the next five years to give it a realistic chance of succeeding, and that means allowing the next generation of younger players the chance to make up their own minds rather than have some 45 year old seasoned prop telling them it was better in the old days!

Gilly from Seaton is a regular contributor on here and I'm sure he will post to tell you the type of ideas that are being thrown about up here as he is more involved in the management side, the important thing is to talk to clubs and get feed back, and in Cumbria they seem to enjoy doing this and taking constructive critisism on board without spitting the dummy out.

How refreshing...................... something sensible to read.

In Cumbria we have had the option of playing Friday or Saturday as a preferred matchday, the league have reverted back to 14:30pm kick offs after listening to the clubs, Split the BARLA cumbria cup so that the lower league teams instead play in a plate competition that is regionalised until the semi final stages, have scheduled in free weekends for teams when requested, Put proposals to clubs for voting on with regards new league formats, and Instigated the Cumbria mens league to create divisions that give people an equal level of competition every week

Its fair to say as a club secretary that I have never been as satisfied with how CARLA has been ran as I am now we are constantly asked for feedback get news bulletins weekly and it feels like were all pulling together to improve the game in the county. Paul Williamson and his management commitee are pulling out all the stops

In Cumbria we have had the option of playing Friday or Saturday as a preferred matchday, the league have reverted back to 14:30pm kick offs after listening to the clubs, Split the BARLA cumbria cup so that the lower league teams instead play in a plate competition that is regionalised until the semi final stages, have scheduled in free weekends for teams when requested, Put proposals to clubs for voting on with regards new league formats, and Instigated the Cumbria mens league to create divisions that give people an equal level of competition every week

Its fair to say as a club secretary that I have never been as satisfied with how CARLA has been ran as I am now we are constantly asked for feedback get news bulletins weekly and it feels like were all pulling together to improve the game in the county. Paul Williamson and his management commitee are pulling out all the stops

Communication.............That is whats been missing for a long time within the association along with a different look at how things can be run.

I personally would like to see just one cup and one continuation cup within a district, the reason is simply because during our time in the Yorkshire league, we fell foul of teams from districts with a shed load of cups to play in where never available for league games because of the old rule where cup games get priorit.y