Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chinaman

How many Teams Will fail to Start/Complete Season?

231 posts in this topic

More to the point, why not????? ohmy.png

Exactly my point Barbara.

Ive been to well over 40 NCL grounds over the years and every club has women helpers and supporters.

The clubs would be in dire staights without them.

Its great to see young women with children supporting their men and fathers and enjoying a good day out.

Better though in the summer season.

Exactly my point Barbara.

Ive been to well over 40 NCL grounds over the years and every club has women helpers and supporters.

The clubs would be in dire staights without them.

Its great to see young women with children supporting their men and fathers and enjoying a good day out.

Better though in the summer season.

I wish :lol:

I suppose the wives/partners fall into three categories:-

The first group are the, "See you after your rugby,love"

The second group are the, " I will come down to the game later, love"

The third group are the, "You are not going to bloody rugby this week"

Anyone like to hazard a guess at the split? ;)

I suppose the wives/partners fall into three categories:-

The first group are the, "See you after your rugby,love" 45%

The second group are the, " I will come down to the game later, love" 45%

The third group are the, "You are not going to bloody rugby this week" 10%

Anyone like to hazard a guess at the split? wink.png

well done, is this a winter servey or summer?

is this the servey set up base on the one you used for moving to summer, are was there more effert put into this one :D :D :D

Try this servey

Group one, of course i dont mind going to the wedding on my own love, you go play rugby,

Group two, of course the kids wont mind not going on holiday this year, just as long they can have a go on the bouncy castle, at the rugby club,

Group three , i dont mind you playing just as long we havent got anything planned

go on Longman, have a bit of fun just humour me and fill my servey out :D :D :D

I think we can assume that you are the spokesman for the third group.

Correct, i dont mind being called less of a man for putting my familly first, what group do you belong in ?

Sbull

Is a male chaevanist!

As for not missing a game in winter for 21 seasons dream on!!!

Summers here wake up n smell the cut grass n bbqs !!! Enjoy it in whatever capacity you can rather than just wing n moan about it!!!

Try this servey

Group one, of course i dont mind going to the wedding on my own love, you go play rugby,

Group two, of course the kids wont mind not going on holiday this year, just as long they can have a go on the bouncy castle, at the rugby club,

Group three , i dont mind you playing just as long we havent got anything planned

Group 2 - Brilliant :lol:

Correct, i dont mind being called less of a man for putting my familly first, what group do you belong in ?

I am not in any of your groups, I am in the group that has always discussed things and come up with an amicable solution. I, like most people who have been involved, have missed games through a more pressing engagement irrespective of the season played. At my age the most common event is a funeral which tends not to take place at weekends, we go on holiday generally mid week which doesn't take place at weekends. Our very occasional trips abroad in all seasons tend to cause me to lose my fix but such is life. I have just had a thought, do you and your wife discuss things or do you tend to answer, 'Yes love', before you have heard the question?

Try this servey

Group four, while your at rugby the gardener will be around :wub:

Try this servey

go on Longman, have a bit of fun just humour me and fill my

servey out biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

My response as requested:-

Group1 Thats fine have a great day and i will see you at 6, or if you get finished early come down to the club.

Group 2 Dont worry about it, I had planned to take you away to the Caribean in Set/Oct as a suprise, thank for spoiling it.

Group 3 We have got things planned, the fixture list is out for the season

Thats called organisation and a happy medium.

Sbull

Is a male chaevanist!

As for not missing a game in winter for 21 seasons dream on!!!

Summers here wake up n smell the cut grass n bbqs !!! Enjoy it in whatever capacity you can rather than just wing n moan about it!!!

my statement should have read i missed more games this summer than in 21 years of winter so i do apologise, from memory i missed a game in 2004 because i got my dates wromg booking a holiday and i missed another one due to a mates wedding but cant think of any more at this point,

i have even traveled from wigan to newcastle on a friday on a stag do, enjoyed the evening traveled back to wigan on the saturday played a game then traveled back to newcasle for saturday nigth, so as you can see, i dont miss many winter games,

i can smell all the cut grass i want on my many days out with my family, the sooner poeple stop skoking it and realise summer habits are here to stay the better. :O

me a male chaevanist,?? dont think i need to defend this one

Can't really judge the pros & cons of playing summer rugby off the back of the second worst summer on record ........ hence -

Group 5

" Are you bloody mad ? , If you think I'm standing out in the hiss down rain all afternoon you've another thing coming ..... you need your head read " .

Group four, while your at rugby the gardener will be around wub.png

Make sure he tidys up after hes finished so we can go out and spend the day together as a family.

Can't really judge the pros & cons of playing summer rugby off the back of the second worst summer on record ........ hence -

Group 5

" Are you bloody mad ? , If you think I'm standing out in the hiss down rain all afternoon you've another thing coming ..... you need your head read " .

i never expected my wife to come and watch me in the rain, when you get married now the rules YOU MUST OBEY got removed from the vows i think,

like i said i,m no expert so please feel free to correct me,

Didnt the NCL launce a series of Summer divisions in 2009 but it faild to repeat the following year?

not sure but i think summer rugby started in the 1990 odd didnt it?

not a knew concept after all it would seam,

i never expected my wife to come and watch me in the rain, when you get married now the rules YOU MUST OBEY got removed from the vows i think,

like i said i,m no expert so please feel free to correct me,

Didnt the NCL launce a series of Summer divisions in 2009 but it faild to repeat the following year?

not sure but i think summer rugby started in the 1990 odd didnt it?

not a knew concept after all it would seam,

If my memory serves me right a few clubs asked the league to run an interim summer competition, to give the clubs a chance to keep their players within the club instead of transfering to the RLC for the summer season.

This was at the end of the winter season, and the other clubs had a rest.

Only a handfull of clubs took up the offer (12 I think).

Milford beat Thatto Heath in the final at Leigh East.

You are right in saying that it was a one off, due to lack of clubs showing interest, but as well documented moved en mass last year.

i can see why i have been miss understood by my statement, Roughyedz, when i said why get the girls involved i was only referring to my own in an

attemed to be a little witty but that back fired on me, :blink:

i spent a season couching Wigan Ladies a few years back and to be honest i was suprised at the good standard.

after not missing a game for the best part of 21 seasons apart from a short spell in the forces (where i still played on leave) i havent missed a game during the winter,

last summer we took the kids away to Center parks were they enjoyed quad biking, fencing , canoeing, archery, climbing , ect

we also did a week in skegness doing similar things, followed by a few long weekend on various holiday parks in Blackpool and wales,

as you can see we planned our summer around good quality time around the kids, i also had to fit in the odd stag do,and my own trip abroud with the lads :D

so out of respect for my familly ( or truth be known, been told) i refuse to impose my hobby of amateur rugby on my family during the peak summer months,

the rest of the season she hasnt got a problem and saturdays are my own,although these often run into sunday morning :D

i dont think im the only familly man involved with rugby,

so no matter how much i enjoy playing/coaching and hopfully just watching now, i dont think i will be giving my summer up for the chance of a BBQ,

the Kids feel the same way over the bouncy castle,

when i told the wife someone posted BBQ and bouncy castle idea she actually started laughing and wouldnt believe me i had to show her the post. :lol: :lol:

i know i have ranted on a bit Roughyedz , but answer to your qeustion, no im no gave man,

I should imagine your wife or partner was not to happy when in your words you were couching Wigan ladies a few years ago and that you were surprised at the standard!

Make sure he tidys up after hes finished so we can go out and spend the day together as a family.

I'm sure at the best after spending from 11am or 12am till 6pm or 7pm your kids will love going to the coast for fish and chips. (hope the Mrs can drive because I wouldn't like you to be caught DR10 after proping up the bar takings)

If my memory serves me right a few clubs asked the league to run an interim summer competition, to give the clubs a chance to keep their players within the club instead of transfering to the RLC for the summer season.

This was at the end of the winter season, and the other clubs had a rest.

Only a handfull of clubs took up the offer (12 I think).

Milford beat Thatto Heath in the final at Leigh East.

You are right in saying that it was a one off, due to lack of clubs showing interest, but as well documented moved en mass last year.

All within the RFL plans

You made a comment saying the top Pennine sides would not compete in the NCL premier, IMO they would and I made a point to point out that the Pennine premier sides have the same structure in place to keep their continuity going as well.

Seems that the Structure of the Premier Pennine clubs is not of the same standard of the NCL clubs with Queens only having 11 men against Sharlston and Slaithewaite Spartans and Dewsbury Moor game down as a walkover unless all the players were either on a stag do, a wedding or taking their families to the coast it would appear that winter Rugby is struggling at the highest level.

Seems that the Structure of the Premier Pennine clubs is not of the same standard of the NCL clubs with Queens only having 11 men against Sharlston and Slaithewaite Spartans and Dewsbury Moor game down as a walkover unless all the players were either on a stag do, a wedding or taking their families to the coast it would appear that winter Rugby is struggling at the highest level.

:lol: :lol: :lol: