Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HunsletHawks

Experienced duo join on Dual Reg

116 posts in this topic

Last season we looked and played like Barrow did last Sunday. To get relegated this season would be a total disaster , and could well be the end of our club.

No matter what it takes to stay up , we should take the help from Leeds or anybody for that matter.

Other clubs are doing this anyway , even Leigh did last year, with Wigan players and no-one said anything then.

Well at least Fev never sold Kyle Briggs to Bradford and Zak Hardaker to Leeds with the proviso that the SL clubs could then loan the players back when not needed and also Andy Ellis who played for Fev one week and Wakey the next and the same with Jack Briscoe, because Fev are holier than thou and would never stoop to doing such a thing.................................or would they?

After being upbeat after sunday, this has left a sickening feeling.It becomes no different to Bramley, why are we getting a overseas player on D/R?

Do the players deserve to be dropped after sunday performance? What has moore done to deserve a starting spot? His last game was against us, and it was not great!!!. If he plays, it shows we are getting dictated on who plays.

Reading the other threads, both Swinton & York teams were disjointed with the high influx of D/R players. Paul Wood turned up for swinton & put a half hearted performance in, They treaed itt as a friendly/ exhibition match.

It's amazing whats happened to Rugby League, teams have been running for over a hundred years, running reserve teams, and now they receive the most money ever received £1.6m and they can no longer afford to run them.

Have to say I think the link up is a good thing for Hunslet bit wary about using established SL players for one or two games but not for one minute can Fans of clubs who have used dual regs players or other teams who spent fortunes on big name players only to go bust and get begging bowls out should be telling us how we should be doing things if Barry Eaton is happy with it then who am I to argue with him

Spot on . I totally agree !!

Well at least Fev never sold Kyle Briggs to Bradford and Zak Hardaker to Leeds with the proviso that the SL clubs could then loan the players back when not needed and also Andy Ellis who played for Fev one week and Wakey the next and the same with Jack Briscoe, because Fev are holier than thou and would never stoop to doing such a thing.................................or would they?

Totally different though isn't it? We brought DR players in to cover injuries not to stay in this league etc. Also Leeds tried to tell us when and where to play Zak and DP said no thanks you can have him back. I don't mind the system if its used properly I've stated that many times. These systems won't effect us it won't make any difference to us the only thing these systems are going to hurt is the champ clubs. Ok you stay up using this system next season Leeds say we kept you in this league last season you owe us one etc play him this week etc eaton says no Leeds say we kept you up see where this is going?

Last season we looked and played like Barrow did last Sunday. To get relegated this season would be a total disaster , and could well be the end of our club.

No matter what it takes to stay up , we should take the help from Leeds or anybody for that matter.

Other clubs are doing this anyway , even Leigh did last year, with Wigan players and no-one said anything then.

"could well be the end of our club". Bingo,you almost got it.

It is the end.

Played one, won one, that's all that matters to me!

Do the players deserve to be dropped after sunday performance? What has moore done to deserve a starting spot? His last game was against us, and it was not great!!!. If he plays, it shows we are getting dictated on who plays.

no it doesn't, it shows that barry eaton thinks moore is a better option than the other players available; which he should be, he's played close to 200 super league games.

p.s.

super league clubs don't get 1.6 million

Totally different though isn't it? We brought DR players in to cover injuries not to stay in this league etc. Also Leeds tried to tell us when and where to play Zak and DP said no thanks you can have him back.

so you lot keep saying, bit strange that the week you sent him back he found himself playing super league in the position that you lot claim Leeds didn't want him playing....

One simple target for 2013, stay in the Championship at all costs and push for a play off position, as long as we pick the team, retain our identity and run our club and keep making the right decisions for our club that's all that counts and its mine and Barry's problem to manage our own players and the situations that arise from the influx of dual reg players.

I for one am excited about the calibre of player we have available for as long as we have them and if its within the rules then lets use it to our advantage, 12 months ago Leeds wouldn't send us a steward never mind a promising junior or a seasoned pro and its not costing the club a penny.

I call that an amazing turn around as going to Hemel on a Sunday is not an option.

Complete and utter pi_$$ take.

You (and Swinton) do not deserve to stay up doing it this way, this is not the Hunslet team, it's the Rhinos Reserves.

Complete and utter pi_$$ take.

You (and Swinton) do not deserve to stay up doing it this way, this is not the Hunslet team, it's the Rhinos Reserves.

We've only ever used 2 dual reg players. How many have you lot used doylum, you really are thick as fu*k

One simple target for 2013, stay in the Championship at all costs and push for a play off position, as long as we pick the team, retain our identity and run our club and keep making the right decisions for our club that's all that counts and its mine and Barry's problem to manage our own players and the situations that arise from the influx of dual reg players.

I for one am excited about the calibre of player we have available for as long as we have them and if its within the rules then lets use it to our advantage, 12 months ago Leeds wouldn't send us a steward never mind a promising junior or a seasoned pro and its not costing the club a penny.

I call that an amazing turn around as going to Hemel on a Sunday is not an option.

But your identity is fading,can't you see this ?

We've only ever used 2 dual reg players. How many have you lot used doylum, you really are thick as fu*k

Last one I can remember was a young Wakey prop in 2011, not a couple of seasoned pros in need of a bit of game time

I was under the impression that Kylie Leuluai's visa only allowed him to play for Leeds Rhinos.

Wigan haven't Dual Reg. any of their players over here on sporting visas.

Last one I can remember was a young Wakey prop in 2011, not a couple of seasoned pros in need of a bit of game time

And the difference is what exactly??

And the difference is what exactly??

Isn't it obvious?

DR is supposed to be a replacement for the U20s, to give those fringe players a higher standard of competition.

Getting old hands game time is completely different thing, that's what Feeder Clubs do

You are no longer Hunslet Hawks

Our identity is fading? The name Hunslet has never had as much exposure, check sky sports news.

Hardly we have never had as much exposure and we have Leeds fans ringing up daily with season ticket enquiries, sounds like good business to me, which is how the club should have been run for a few years earlier.

Isn't it obvious?

DR is supposed to be a replacement for the U20s, to give those fringe players a higher standard of competition.

Getting old hands game time is completely different thing, that's what Feeder Clubs do

We'll always be hunslet, always have been always will be. Now haven't you got a whippet to walk or a ferret to feed

We'll always be hunslet, always have been always will be. Now haven't you got a whippet to walk or a ferret to feed

It's pretty clear that you're a text book moron, so I'll end our delightful little conversation here.

Isn't it obvious?

How do you work that out? We have played 3 dual reg players in our entire History, you and many other clubs in our league have played more than that in a game or a season.

Come Sunday we will have 3 dual reg players in our squad which I'd suggest will be less than a lot of other clubs on the same day!

Leeds United over the last 10 years have lived on loan players, no one has battered an eye lid, loans are part and parcel of football, is rugby league so behind the times that a team getting 4 players on dual reg loan what ever you want to call it such a massive thing!

Forget everything in Rugby league has to be done to keep fev fans happy end of day would rather do this then spend a ton of money on players that we don't have and end up going bust like other teams couldn't care less what you think to be honest