Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ramstieidie

dual reg players bad idea or not your views ?

41 posts in this topic

...If this farce has to happen, why don't the league publish the hire value of every SL squad member so the figures are transparent, ...

They have. Basically a sliding scale dependent on the player's salary at the SL club. Can't remember all the figures but £100k+ is £1500 per game and I think £50-100k is £1000 per game.

They have. Basically a sliding scale dependent on the player's salary at the SL club. Can't remember all the figures but £100k+ is £1500 per game and I think £50-100k is £1000 per game.

Fair do'es then. Wonder how many SL clubs will put give lower contracts but increased match terms to players to get round the salary cap. Point is though, if clubs can't afford the top players without breaking the cap (assuming there was a cat in hells chance they'd be given the option), why are they registering entire squads - doesn't make sense unless we have the scenario where SL club with nothing to play for either saves it's affiliated club from relegation or helps it to win a trophy by donating it's best players - and some championship clubs will risk financial ruin to do just that.

Says in today's Bradford Telegraph & Argus that we might be getting Adrian Purtell on loan subject to clearance from Border Agency.The joys of our link up with the Bulls.

Says in today's Bradford Telegraph & Argus that we might be getting Adrian Purtell on loan subject to clearance from Border Agency.The joys of our link up with the Bulls.

If that's true, I might allow myself a modicum of hypocrisy. ;)

If that's true, I might allow myself a modicum of hypocrisy. ;)

I'm still agin it though unless it's long term.

We dont need Purtill, rather see our new season loanee Lucas Walshaw given a chance( comes now instead of annakin)!! Cracking player built at 6.5... MOTM for donny in their grandfinal last season against barrow i do believe.. Guna be a right player for us :D

Wev also got steve nash from cas... another big prop for a months loan until ben jones is back fit..

All well and good but we are already well off for forwards - can' t say the same for backs and if memory serves me correct purtill has done the business for several NRL clubs. Sorry but for me a proven SL centre is a better bet than a wakey academy player who did ok for donny in ch1.

Dual registrating sounds good in theory, and is to be used in the right way, only difference it has to loaning is that the player can be recalled back to their parent club, if I'm correct. If the loaning of Adrian Purtill does happen, which it most likely won't, then I can see why we have done it, because all the young lads we have signed will need an experienced player to calm them down in a tough situation.

You wont be getting him, and it will be same for Kyle Leuluai going to Hunslet, It is a breach of there visa conditions. They basically cant have two employers on the visa's they have.

A this rate, we will be needing press releases every day, understand why GM is doing it, but it is becoming a farce.

Glad that Aussies/NZ players are excluded from DR, at least this will means it is only GB players.

Hes only doing what nearly every other coach or team are doing and at least hes going for the long termers.Lets not forget his jobs to get results thats what hes paid to do.Tell you what its starting to look a decent squad bet Fev want this game played now instead of a few weeks down the line.

Hes only doing what nearly every other coach or team are doing and at least hes going for the long termers.Lets not forget his jobs to get results thats what hes paid to do.Tell you what its starting to look a decent squad bet Fev want this game played now instead of a few weeks down the line.

Why now and not in a few weeks time? You signing half the bulls team on or sumat?

Why now and not in a few weeks time? You signing half the bulls team on or sumat?

Yeah - that would make it ex rams v ex bulls give or take. B)

Because i think with a couple more games under there belt this team will be develope into a decent side.

Because i think with a couple more games under there belt this team will be develope into a decent side.

Dewsbury are always hard to beat on their own pitch. I doubt this season will be any different. But I doubt DP will be thinking I'm glad were playing you now than later etc.I don't know what kind of season you guys will have whether its a top 6 top 8 spot. I very much doubt you will be in a relegation battle this season but with all the DR going on who knows. I think DP will be more worried about the weather than dewsbury