Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

guess who

Kylie Leuluai and Richard Moore in Hunslets squad to face Leigh on sunday.

84 posts in this topic

It was only a metter of time before Richard Moore's name was mentioned in Hunslets squad. Forwards need game time.

He's probably behind Peacock, Kirke, Bailey, Griffin and Leuluai so needs to be kept match fit.

I wonder how last weeks props are feeling now after a good win vs Barrow?

Don't Hunslet have forwards that need game time?

I hate to say I told you so but I did and was shouted down fir it.

You were talking about Towns link up, ironically we used It in the right way this weekend.

Exactly.

Presumably (without going to find this weeks LE) Hunslet had 4 props in their 17, 2 of whom from a winning side are going to be 'rested' or something. Or are Hunslet short of props?

I seems to me that the common theme amongst fans of the twinned clubs is the fear of relegation which I can understand. No one would want to be in the basement division.

If, as seems possible, the sport introduces two divisions of ten at SL level presumably there would only be one division below and no up or down for the DR partnered clubs. Im really interested to know whether you fans who agree with this system now would continue to be happy with it given that scenario?

Probably, but this isn't about what's best for Hunslet or for that matter Rugby League!

I seems to me that the common theme amongst fans of the twinned clubs is the fear of relegation which I can understand. No one would want to be in the basement division.

If, as seems possible, the sport introduces two divisions of ten at SL level presumably there would only be one division below and no up or down for the DR partnered clubs. Im really interested to know whether you fans who agree with this system now would continue to be happy with it given that scenario?

We now have a division of several serious SL applicants playing against SL "A" teams?

Is that tenable anymore?

If it is to go 2 x 10 add the independant CC clubs to the current SL clubs and you get 20 "proper" clubs

Leaving a third division of death anyway?

HOWEVER have they made the move to "survive" only to be condemned to a third tier??

Doubt it Terry.

Would the dual reg clubs who aimed to stay out of division three would end up making a division 3

Seriously doubt that unless their chairmen are completely in the dark as regards the future.

We now have a division of several serious SL applicants playing against SL "A" teams?

Is that tenable anymore?

If it is to go 2 x 10 add the independant CC clubs to the current SL clubs and you get 20 "proper" clubs

Leaving a third division of death anyway?

HOWEVER have they made the move to "survive" only to be condemned to a third tier??

Doubt it Terry.

Would the dual reg clubs who aimed to stay out of division three would end up making a division 3

Seriously doubt that unless their chairmen are completely in the dark as regards the future.

Sorry Parky but I'm not sure about the point you're making here. If the 20 SL club scenario materialises there will inevitably be a third division presumably without automatic P & R won't there? Or, are you saying that there won't be a third division and they'll become reserve sides?

I'd still like to know the what the views of the fans who are currently for the DR system would be given the possible 'one division' scenario arising.

It's about time the RFL grew a pair and put some rules to these feeder clubs systems. They should have a maximum age of 23 no one over 23 can be DR. A maximum of 4 or 5 players. But I guess the RFL knew this was going to happen and they are happy that the Leeds and wires of this world are prospering from it because they are the heart and soul of our game apparently.

totally agree it is the same as last week when swinton were allowed to use 2 international forwards from warrington, whilst workington fielded their own team plus young declan hulme from widnes. now that is what dual registration means to me!

Sorry Parky but I'm not sure about the point you're making here. If the 20 SL club scenario materialises there will inevitably be a third division presumably without automatic P & R won't there? Or, are you saying that there won't be a third division and they'll become reserve sides?

I'd still like to know the what the views of the fans who are currently for the DR system would be given the possible 'one division' scenario arising.

On last years standings a 10 club second division of SL would be:-

Salford

London

Castleford

Widnes

Featherstone

Leigh

Halifax

Sheffield

Batley

Toulouse (sorry Mr. Keighley you miss the cut again)

So all the DR/Feeder/"A"teams like Dewsbury, Hunslet, Oldham, Rochdale, Donny, Barrow, Keighley, York, Swinton, Workington, Whitehaven would end up in a third tier of the game.

Their chairman all clambered for the tie ups with SL clubs because they did not want to end up in a third tier and die.

So if 10 x 2 Superleague WAS on the cards these clubs would most likely be excluded anyway, and that's the point allied to an idea that as the RFL are reviewing league structure and these clubs are members, and their chairmen must be in the know, it would not be beyond reason to think that 2x10 is probably not going to happen and thus the clamour to be tied in with SL clubs as these chairmen will not want to be relegated to join such as Gloucester university.

Probably, but this isn't about what's best for Hunslet or for that matter Rugby League!

By definition what's best for Superleague is best for Rugby League. We debated at length about the importance of Superleague to the game.

We hardly have an international scene or any domestic depth that underpins the game.

Superleague like it or not or loath it or detest it etc IS Rugby League to paying fans, sponsors, rich investors and the TV and associated media.

It's about time the RFL grew a pair and put some rules to these feeder clubs systems. They should have a maximum age of 23 no one over 23 can be DR. A maximum of 4 or 5 players.

I can't fault that suggestion....

Sorry to muck your plans up Parky but who did Barrow and Keighley tie up with, I must have missed them? Aren't Batley tied in with the Giants as well?

Sorry to muck your plans up Parky but who did Barrow and Keighley tie up with, I must have missed them? Aren't Batley tied in with the Giants as well?

Barrow have no tie. Keighley are announcing a tie up today with Cas apparently. You're quite right about Batley, they've already tied with the Giants.

Keighley are Castleford, sort of announced today.

So all the DR/Feeder/"A"teams like Dewsbury, Hunslet, Oldham, Rochdale, Donny, Barrow, Keighley, York, Swinton, Workington, Whitehaven would end up in a third tier of the game.

Their chairman all clambered for the tie ups with SL clubs because they did not want to end up in a third tier and die.

How are Barrow a feeder club, we don't have any other teams players registered in our squad?

I didn't know about any Keighley tie up until this minute but I guess the fear of relegation is driving it. I don't agree with it and I think the fan base will not either and will melt away to the non existent levels the club was at pre Cougarmania. I think it could well end up with the club's demise and extinction, which would suit many, but in my mind would lose a decent sized area to the game of RL. No fans will travel to Bradford.

I hope I am wrong.

So if 10 x 2 Superleague WAS on the cards these clubs would most likely be excluded anyway, and that's the point allied to an idea that as the RFL are reviewing league structure and these clubs are members, and their chairmen must be in the know, it would not be beyond reason to think that 2x10 is probably not going to happen and thus the clamour to be tied in with SL clubs as these chairmen will not want to be relegated to join such as Gloucester university.

Maybe Parky, but I think having their wages bill cut by around a third might have been a major factor in their decision.

How are Barrow a feeder club, we don't have any other teams players registered in our squad?

Just a slip Kid, of course Barrow are Independant. keighley were Independant last night (but not tonight)

You still have a chance with HKR IIRC Rovers legend Phil Hogan moved from Barrow many years ago?

Just a slip Kid, of course Barrow are Independant. keighley were Independant last night (but not tonight)

You still have a chance with HKR IIRC Rovers legend Phil Hogan moved from Barrow many years ago?

Christ, hell of a trek.

No fans will travel to Bradford.

I hope I am wrong.

Why? Are you putting up roadblocks?

Fans travel miles to see clubs, why do you go against all logic and reason and state with no evidence at all that the good people of Keighley and district will not be attracted to Superleague and the Bulls.

Oh hell, keep us out of it. I've already heard enough Bull bashing in random threads, Keighley the forumer, hates us and I for one couldn't give a #### and sure as heck don't care to hear about it again.

Christ, hell of a trek.

We had a full back called Geoff Nicholls who was a tremendous young player who ousted county (and later Leeds) full back David Marshall and he went to Barrow when Keith Jarrett was there and they had some money.

I think certain players may have been prepared to move house for the better money and maybe a job with a directors company, many of those lads will have lived in council houses and been able to get similar elsewhere??.

Oh hell, keep us out of it. I've already heard enough Bull bashing in random threads, Keighley the forumer, hates us and I for one couldn't give a #### and sure as heck don't care to hear about it again.

Oh come on man up. Mr. Khan needs to cast his net to all ends of the Bradford postcodes for fans. Today keighley, Tommorrow Skipton!

We had a full back called Geoff Nicholls who was a tremendous young player who ousted county (and later Leeds) full back David Marshall and he went to Barrow when Keith Jarrett was there and they had some money.

I think certain players may have been prepared to move house for the better money and maybe a job with a directors company, many of those lads will have lived in council houses and been able to get similar elsewhere??.

That's nice. But sending a Hull KR junior or 5 up to Barrow on a wet and windy Thursday night is a bit much.

Oh come on man up. Mr. Khan needs to cast his net to all ends of the Bradford postcodes for fans. Today keighley, Tommorrow Skipton!

We'll stick to the traditional heartland areas of Halifax and Batley. Anyhoo, boo Leeds, boo Hunslet, boo dual reg.