Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

08/02/13 - Wigan Warriors v Warrington Wolves - KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   23 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Warrington Wolves
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

123 posts in this topic

Golly, Wire must be favourites. (Anticipated) success has many fathers down Wilderspool way.

And your point exactly is? Even Wigansnapper89 tips Wire by 14. You just unhappy about being the underdog at home? Wigan have lost a few key men and vare not as strong as fans like you appear to think, if Wire come racing out of the traps most of the Wigan fans contingent could well be heading for the exits by half time. If we have a bit of an off day you might hang onto our coat tails..............................just.

And your point exactly is? Even Wigansnapper89 tips Wire by 14. You just unhappy about being the underdog at home? Wigan have lost a few key men and vare not as strong as fans like you appear to think, if Wire come racing out of the traps most of the Wigan fans contingent could well be heading for the exits by half time. If we have a bit of an off day you might hang onto our coat tails..............................just.

My point was simply that it is always a joy to hear your views on this particular subject. There is something reassuring about that combination of predictability and fervour. It's like Saint Toppy's views on Saints - a true fan writes. Like the first cuckoo of spring, or snowdrops, I know when I've got through another long, cold winter when I get to read your belligerent confidence in the Wire's forthcoming victory.

I have little confidence in victory, actually, some hope (which rests in part because the teams are more evenly matched than the lop sided recent results may suggest), but no expectation. Which means I need to enjoy the pre match anticipation as much as I can.

Not convinced by Wigan so far. I reckon once Wire get a bit of the ball they will break away. Wire by 3 scores or so, lets say 20

Not convinced by Wigan so far. I reckon once Wire get a bit of the ball they will break away. Wire by 3 scores or so, lets say 20

Dunno.......holding their own so far!.....

Looked like a shocker from charnley but replay shows he got took off the ball.....either way wire in for an equaliser

12-10 HT seems a fair reflection of the game. Both teams are playing like teams in round 2, plenty of errors and poor communication. All four tries have come from defensive errors (three from wingers not sliding in defence).

Both teams are putting in though, so can't fault their efforts. I think it could go either way, and the team that settles down and gets into the groove best will win. I'd imagine the coaches are telling the players to cut out the low-percentage plays and play simple.

Looking forward to the 2nd half

I must say looking much better than I expected form Wigan. Not that I'm complaining. :)

12-10 HT seems a fair reflection of the game. Both teams are playing like teams in round 2, plenty of errors and poor communication. All four tries have come from defensive errors (three from wingers not sliding in defence).

Both teams are putting in though, so can't fault their efforts. I think it could go either way, and the team that settles down and gets into the groove best will win. I'd imagine the coaches are telling the players to cut out the low-percentage plays and play simple.

Looking forward to the 2nd half

This is the future for you. Drug free RL. They make errors because they rely on their own blood. :)

Not a bad kicking game from smith and green.....perhaps anticipating a midfield drubbing they've been finding touch quite effectively.......bit too much dropped ball from wire but they look like they can stroll in down that right hand side whenever they get in position

I always thought the thing about Tomkins under a high ball was exaggerated..