Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

08/02/13 - Wigan Warriors v Warrington Wolves - KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   23 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Warrington Wolves
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

123 posts in this topic

Game stated scrappy for first 50 minutes (to be expected in r2), but the last 30 minutes was brilliant. Both teams muscled up in defence and really settled down. A draw was a fair result, and both coaches will be happy as both team's performances will set them up for a good campaign

Just shows how much you know.

:P You should've seen my original prediction for Hull FC v Bradford, I went for the accident to be between J33-J34.

After the sort of game Morley and Westwood tried to turn it into - it was like all in wrestling without a granny with a chair - it's a relief to get through intact. Considering where the 2 teams are in their development, the draw looks very good.

Some cheeky blighter has just voted draw, shame on you.

I am the one and only...

Fantastic game. Great result. A tragedy that the game was settled by the tackle in the air try, but we needed to see what our forwards are made of. And now we do.'we'll build on this.

Wigan also scored off a dubious decision when Goulding was deemed held and given a penalty or was that call correct??

and why rugby league isn't our national sport i will never know, what a game!!

Wigan also scored off a dubious decision when Goulding was deemed held and given a penalty or was that call correct??

Well the red clearly yelled held in the audio they then started pushing him to the sideline. I think if he hadn't gone over the sideline the ref would have left it, but it was for messing around not pushing in to touch like Eddie went on about.

Liam Farrell was immense.

yes he was called held, and then Warrington pushed him into touch, are we on about the same call??

The ref clearly shouted held seconds before, so it was a penalty whether or not he went into touch.

excellent game for the neutral, i tipped wire but both teams were superb.

I am the one and only...

i noticed that also, good call on the draw, if it was u :ph34r::D

i noticed that also, good call on the draw, if it was u :ph34r::D

Indeed it was. Literally my only claim to fame. Anyhoo, you know what they say, if you throw enough sh"t...

excellent game for the neutral, i tipped wire but both teams were superb.

got to agree, i tipped wigan and i think they have done excellent with 15 british players an 9 wiganers in there team, so sky say.

i wont belive that though untill parky has said so! :rolleyes::D

Great game - enjoyed that. we'll get much better but ill take a draw at Wigan.

Great game - enjoyed that. we'll get much better but ill take a draw at Wigan.

Honestly before the game I'd have taken anything less than a 12 point loss. Was a great game though.

After the sort of game O'Loughlin and McIlorum tried to turn it into in the second half, delighted with a point and hopefully no spinal injuries. At times it was UFC-type stuff, but some of our passing looked crisp and dangerous.

Both teams will be near the top again.

Neither were innocent, but same could be said about Morley and Westwood's cheap shots throughout.

Over 20k there to see it. What an effort. Plenty to look forward to for them all as winter turns into spring turns into summer...

That young wigan pack gave a cracking account of themselves though....

That's what was most pleasing about today, really mixed it and held their own against some quality veterans.

That's what was most pleasing about today, really mixed it and held their own against some quality veterans.

yup very very impressive from the very young wigan pack tonight.

Very good game, wire did well at stopping Tomkins , I can't remember 1 play in the whole game wen Tomkins chimed into the line running out wide like he does so good

I am the one and only...

:D

I backed a draw all along... I just waited to vote on it :ph34r:

Thought there were excellent performances on both sides, great game for the neutral. Thought Myler is starting to mature in to an excellent halfback and Hill was pretty solid. Wigan however, had standouts all over the park Goulding was very solid against the much fancied Atkins, Hughes was good, Farrell was excellent and Mcllorum (spelling) / OLoughlin were also excellent.

Only second week and were are already being served up such excellent fare I'm so glad RL is finally back.

The ref clearly shouted held seconds before, so it was a penalty whether or not he went into touch.

We learnt from that decision that, once the ref has called held, it's a good idea to stick a cheeky foot in touch. Clever stuff from Goulding.