Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

09/02/13 - Catalan Dragons v Salford City Reds - KO 6pm (CET)

Who will win?   6 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalan Dragons
    • Salford City Reds
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

36 posts in this topic

you'd have to be certifiably insane to see any thing else but a dragons win................by 40

Catalan squad: Brent Webb, Damien Blanch, Leon Pryce, Zeb Taia, Thomas Bosc, Olivier Elima, Ian Henderson, RĂ©mi Casty, Steve Menzies, Louis Anderson, Greg Mounis, Eloi Pelissier, Kevin Larroyer, Daryl Millard, Mathias Pala, Julian Bousquet, Jamal Fakir, Jason Baitieri, Vincent Duport.

Salford squad: Jack Murphy, Jodie Broughton, Ashley Gibson, Rhys Williams, Niall Evalds, Ryan McGoldrick, Theo Fages, Lee Jewitt, Wayne Godwin, Shannon McPherson, Matty Ashurst, Andrew Dixon, Stephen Wild, Chris Nero, Ben Gledhill, Ryan Boyle, Jordan James, Adam Neal, Gareth Owen.

Dragons by a lot. Hopefully with a full week together with some of the new players we might look a bit more threatening going forward. Catalans is a tough trip for a team on a roll at the top of the table let alone one thrown together in a few weeks and missing any real quality.

Give us a month or so and I think we'll be more competitive but at the moment teams will very much be taking advantage and running up some big scores. Easy match at Leeds to follow this trip as well!

In a way I'm glad we have these really difficult games to start. This will be a comprehensive win for the Cats.

On the evidence of what Salford fans witnessed last week then a comprehensive victory for Catalan would seem a certainty.However,last Friday night 3 signings played despite,in all probablilty, not training with the rest of the squad and one of those players had one of the worst debuts he could have posssibly played. Alongside those players were a group who had endured the worst possible 6 months and a disastrous Christmas/New Year.That,and playing in front of the new owner and an expectant crowd was always going to be a huge ask.

Will the pressure of a new coach and performing in front of the home crowd impact on the French club?

Will the opportunity for the Salford players to bond on the trip and play without any burden of expectancy release SCR to perform at their expansive,carefree,best ?

Huge test,and then playing Leeds a week before the World Club Championship at Headingley may mean the SCR season starts with their next home game.

Home win.

ouch! 40-6 to Catalan, and Catalan playing with 12 men for 77 mins not good for salford :(

Blimey, how many men would they have had to have sent off to make it a contest?

Julian Bousquet - red card

A Bousquet case at Red Hall then?

Can we expect extended highlights of Catalan games on Sky this year? French telly coverage of all their games ain't there?

I think it's going to be a long season for Salford fans. I hope they have lots of loyalty to give. But at least Salford managed to score this time.

I got the impression from reports after their game against Wigan last week that it isn't for lack of trying. They just don't have halfbacks or forwards capable of competing at this level and so are at a disadvantage straight away. Hopefully they will be in a position to fix that so that as the season progresses they can pick up a win here and there.

It's not all bad. I predicted that score on the Barrow Raiders tipping contest AND made it my joker and so got double points as well. Happy days!

That said, Salford will come good and I shall be made up when they do.

Apparently the gate was only 6872. I know that Salford aren't the biggest draw in the world, but I thought it'd be better than that - 8158 last year.

3 reasons : Very cold yesterday, french national RU team was playing, no suspense against Salford.

Young Fages was taken out in the incident that led to the red card and went to hospital. We were apparently playing with Owen (a young hooker) and McGoldrick who's been at the club around 2 weeks in the halves after that. With the pace and power Cats have it was never going to be an easy task. Still, with 12 men you would have hoped we could have made more of a game of it. Shows the task in front of us this season.

According to koukash, were still looking for recruitments for this year. We desperately need some forwards but at this stage finding any quality will be extremely difficult. More lashing's like this will be coming along but we need to keep the faith with the promise of better things to come.

Definitely a "keep the faith" season for Salford you feel, even more than the Bulls last year.

I hope their fans and new owner have the staying power (no doubt you'll beat the Giants around Easter like you do every bloody season)

The problem is that i sense the locals are getting bored with it,i must admit i didnt go last night having just arrived back from Moscow in the morning Salford just didnt float my boat.The dragons have come as far as they can within the current SL and really do need Toulouse in + a more competitive SL to get the fans interested again 6872 would also have included season tickets issued to sponsors many of whom dont bother to turn up so my guess is the crowd may have actually been lower.CM

time to dump the French and get more traditional clubs in the league? I think they may also need to re-evaluate their budget!! Only joking don't think many clubs will be filling their grounds with the arrival of Salford at the moment and that includes themselves after last weeks poor crowd. But things may turn around with investment!!

It's a Canetman post, I wouldn't pay too much attention to it, just like the litter tray with it