Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

10/02/13 - Castleford Tigers v Leeds Rhinos - KO 3.30pm

Who will win?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Leeds Rhinos
    • Draw

GezH    0

Great post, good on ya.

Well makes a change from everyone moaning their team were robbed or summat :lol:

Sure we all like tight games instead of blow outs, so have to be able to handle a defeat sometimes huh?

Exiled Wiganer    1,996
Posted · Hidden by John Drake, February 11, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by John Drake, February 11, 2013 - No reason given

Can we draw a line under this ridiculous assumption that predicting a Cas defeat is somehow a slight against the team and the club. It is perfectly feasible to imagine they will be beaten more than they will win. I was a recipient last week, and it was someone else's turn this week. For someone to be abusive as a result is appalling. It's a predictions thread Ffs.

Can we draw a line under this ridiculous assumption that predicting a Cas defeat is somehow a slight against the team and the club. It is perfectly feasible to imagine they will be beaten more than they will win. I was a recipient last week, and it was someone else's turn this week. For someone to be abusive as a result is appalling. It's a predictions thread Ffs.

we had drawn a line under it until you brought it up again!!! I could go into the situation last week but, as I say, a line has been drawn

Deary me

1976PMJwires    234

Fair point and very valid.

Sometimes heat of the moment goes way way above people's head, I've apologised to people and there's only one person on here who can't accept my apology....... Funny that, he's a castleford fan.

John Rhino    524

Just got home in the snow!

Well done to Cas. Deserved the win with more determination to slog through the conditions.

Appalling handling by both sides though.

Exiled Wiganer    1,996

we had drawn a line under it until you brought it up again!!! I could go into the situation last week but, as I say, a line has been drawn

Deary me

Yes, deary me, you dickhead.

For which I apologise profusely, and have now drawn a line under it. :)

Yes, deary me, you dickhead.

For which I apologise profusely, and have now drawn a line under it. :)

absolutely unbelievable, childish to the end

go on, have the last word to make you feel better.......

Exiled Wiganer    1,996

absolutely unbelievable, childish to the end

go on, have the last word to make you feel better.......

This could go on forever. Having now drawn a line under it there would be no need.

Just read the match report, sounds like my favourite english man, Mr Chase will be up before the beak on Monday.

Still a dirty little get I see

what does the report say - Very inconclusive from waht I could see and there was no retaliation or anything from the Leeds players. Just interested to hear what it said.

Cracking come from behind win for you lot today

westhuller    148

Yep well done Cas not bad for a team who were wrote off before the season starts. Very positive result for SL its what we want isn't it big teams like Leeds getting turned over by Cas, having unpredictable results week on week would be a breath of fresh air for the competition.

Southstander13    168

Looks like Rangi could be in trouble if Zak Hardakers tweet is anything to go by.

It was an awful challenge and had hints of Tangi Ropati all over again! I couldnt believe none of the officials saw it, and even the players reaction was muted.

From where I was this is what happened: Cas had the ball, Chase kicked through and ran straight in to JJB who did not move from his original position, Chase hit the deck, lost his bottle at not getting a penalty, got straight up and steamed across as fast as he could and jumped up leading with the elbow into Zak Hardakers face.

From the tweets and footage ive seen since it seems to back up what I thought I saw at the time. He could be in very big trouble following on from last years incident.

I honestly don;t know how you can make out tht he hit him with his elbow. I'm not saying that's not what happened but from Superleague Full time there is no way you caould make that out.

have you seen different footage?

If it WAS an elbow then he's looking at a long ban

Southstander13    168

I honestly don;t know how you can make out tht he hit him with his elbow. I'm not saying that's not what happened but from Superleague Full time there is no way you caould make that out.

have you seen different footage?

If it WAS an elbow then he's looking at a long ban

My main point of reference on this is purely what I saw at the time, i happened to be specifically watching Chase after he hit the deck because he looked angry at not getting anything and actually immediately said to my mate "Watch Rangi, he's lost it". So rather than watching the play I was watching him for the 4 or 5 seconds leading up to the hit.

From the angle I saw it, it appeared to be an elbow in the face, I'd agree that on SL Full time its difficult to tell. His elbow did end up in the air after the challenge too. This could be because thats what he used, or it could be a shoulder charge that ended with his arms up there. But from what i saw it looked very bad and contact was made with the head.

My main point of reference on this is purely what I saw at the time, i happened to be specifically watching Chase after he hit the deck because he looked angry at not getting anything and actually immediately said to my mate "Watch Rangi, he's lost it". So rather than watching the play I was watching him for the 4 or 5 seconds leading up to the hit.

From the angle I saw it, it appeared to be an elbow in the face, I'd agree that on SL Full time its difficult to tell. His elbow did end up in the air after the challenge too. This could be because thats what he used, or it could be a shoulder charge that ended with his arms up there. But from what i saw it looked very bad and contact was made with the head.

Fair enough - thanks for your reply.

Southstander13    168

Fair enough - thanks for your reply.

Congrats on the win by the way, really tough brutal game in the conditions. You were the better team yesterday and looking at the squad, if you can avoid too many injuries then you should have a good season!

Congrats on the win by the way, really tough brutal game in the conditions. You were the better team yesterday and looking at the squad, if you can avoid too many injuries then you should have a good season!

Very good of you - I said on Twitter that I'm sure the conditions were a leveller but after last season it's just what the club needed.

Peacock, McGuire and Burrow all very very gracious in defeat via Twitter

Ponterover    71

what does the report say - Very inconclusive from waht I could see and there was no retaliation or anything from the Leeds players. Just interested to hear what it said.

Cracking come from behind win for you lot today

We were very lucky yesterday and didn't deserve it.

Report had a Leeds bias, but having seen a picture that Zak tweeted, looks like Tangi all over again.