See England take on the best at the 2017 Rugby League World Cup

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

Huddersfield Giants v London Broncos - KO 3pm

Who will win?   11 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • London Broncos
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

35 posts in this topic

if london are without gower, then they are pretty devoid of attacking ideas..............giants by 20

if you base this on the two team's performances last week then this will be a cricket score......hopefully though London will come out swinging in this one and give Hudds a game

Huddersfield to run away with it in the first half and then ease up in the second. Tony Rea to meet the press with more management-speak mumbo-jumbo.

London to edge it slightly in the stand 3-2.

What? 3 London fans, 2 Hudds?

From what I heard on the radio, London weren't too bad last week, apart from dropping the ball every time they got over the line. However, I expect Hudds to have a stronger defensive line than Widnes, and London will be lucky to score.

Can't see past a Giants win, unfortunately

My head says Huddersfield by 40+ points, my heart says Huddersfield by 10 points. Basically the Broncos have no chance at all and it depresses me

From what I heard on the radio, London weren't too bad last week, apart from dropping the ball every time they got over the line. However, I expect Hudds to have a stronger defensive line than Widnes, and London will be lucky to score.

Can't see past a Giants win, unfortunately

Quite; that Huddersfield pack will be a threat to most teams this year, if they all stay fit.

London squad: Chris Bailey, Mark Bryant, Michael Channing, Liam Colbon, Keiran Dixon, Luke Dorn, Shane Grady, Alex Hurst, Antonio Kaufusi, Olsi Krasniqi, Tommy Lee, Will Lovell, Mike McMeeken, Chris Melling, Jamie O'Callaghan, Chad Randall, Shane Rodney, Scott Wheeldon, Michael Witt.

Huddersfield squad: Scott Grix, Luke George, Leroy Cudjoe, Joe Wardle, Jermaine McGillvary, Danny Brough, Luke Robinson, Eorl Crabtree, Shaun Lunt, Craig Kopczak, Brett Ferres, Luke O'Donnell, David Faiumu, Larne Patrick, Jason Chan, Ukuma Ta'ai, Aaron Murphy, Jamie Cording, Stuart Fielden.

Ukuma Ta'ai straight into the squad, eh? Should be interesting to see how he goes.

You can tell what position their coach used to play, can't you? Not so much Rugby League, more Rug-Baloo!

Tony Rea is big on positives so here's a few

• The consensus amongst most -including myself- was that the Broncos would beat Widnes last week - now the reverse is true. There is no pressure of expectation on the Broncos this week.
  • The lack of Craig Gower and Michael Robertson gives a chance for others to step up.
  • London's pack surely cannot be worse than last week Kaufusi, Bryant and in particular Shane Rodney need to hit their straps.
  • Huddersfield werre exceptional last week - Can they back this up or will they subconsciously be coasting as the overwhelming favourites.
  • Luke O'Donnell has missed out on the opportunity to play for the mighty Roosters as Hudds are not willing to let go. Double Bay or Deighton- boy that's a downer being in the pack as opposed to packing up..
  • Huddersfield have looked the best team in the comp against the Bronquins when I have seen them recently live and on SKY. I will not be watching this one so there's no need for the Hudds players to try to impress...
  • I am sure Sniffer will be quietly confident pre-game and let the lads know it time to "aim up" Broncos.

Stay positive and a shock could be in store here.

Snow on the ground and very cold in Hudds today and that's my biggest worry.

FWIW Hudds weren't as good as they could have been last week, lot of errors and a lot of help from Saints.

LoD might not be going to Sydney but by all accounts that was an old story leaked after the fact so it's done and dusted plus we may well see Ta'Ai in the side this week anyway

Snow on the ground and very cold in Hudds today and that's my biggest worry.

FWIW Hudds weren't as good as they could have been last week, lot of errors and a lot of help from Saints.

LoD might not be going to Sydney but by all accounts that was an old story leaked after the fact so it's done and dusted plus we may well see Ta'Ai in the side this week anyway

It won't be an easy day for handling Ant.

There's work to be done on stopping opposition players offloading in the tackle.

With regard to LOD I wouldn't be surprised if he left, given his injury record and no doubt big salary, if PA has other players in mind to bring in; not necessarily a second rower either.

We were looking hard for a 6 pre season , if the Roosters had been prepared to send us a good 6 I'm sure the deal would be done

A dour game in old fashioned weather

Giants defence pretty much smothered the Broncos and out attack didnt get out of second gear really

The Ref was utterly rubbish. Inconsistent from start to finish