Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

10/02/13 - Widnes Vikings v St Helens - KO 3pm

Who will win?   13 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Widnes Vikings
    • St Helens
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

95 posts in this topic

Dunno for sure but on the TIW forum its been suggested that work is being done in the disabled section

Dunno for sure but on the TIW forum its been suggested that work is being done in the disabled section

Having all the fans together rather than spread around will create a better atmosphere anyway.

Saints have sold all their allocation, I know that much.

Sorry to be lazy, but what is the capacity? It could sell out. Hock may find a fair bit of support from "neutrals" bearing pies. Come on Hocky lad!

I'd be quite happy for Hock to show his general aggression against Saints, would be nice not to suffer the consequences of his actions for a change.

I bought two tickets this lunch time. Saints fans were phoning up trying to get tickets but were told not allowed. The girl selling tickets said west stand would be opened if demand was there but not sure if this is official. At this rate reckon every available ticket will be sold.

Just my luck, I was planning on travelling down from Cumbria(supporting saints) for this match to pay on the gate and ive found out that there's a reduced capacity due to a stand being closed and it's a nearing a sellout. Does anybody think it's worth my while travelling down?

Walter,

Just seen on the trust in widnes site that the west stand is open, cannot confirm this but it is on the oficial widnes site apparently!

Come and watch the vikings win!

Walter,

Just seen on the trust in widnes site that the west stand is open, cannot confirm this but it is on the oficial widnes site apparently!

Come and watch the vikings win!

Fantastic! West stand it is then, thanks. Should be a good game and cracking atmosphere, saints to just nick it(I hope).

Bit disappointed by Saint tbh. Obviously they're not too optimistic after last week but they've filled the much bigger West stand before and then had to overspill into the South Stand. This is around 4,000 down to 1,400.

Can't wait for tomorrow. Just hoping for a real competitive game and a great atmosphere.

Just my luck, I was planning on travelling down from Cumbria(supporting saints) for this match to pay on the gate and ive found out that there's a reduced capacity due to a stand being closed and it's a nearing a sellout. Does anybody think it's worth my while travelling down?

West Stand now to be open (to Widnes and Sts fans) and tickets are on sale on the gate at the pre-match prices.

Bit disappointed by Saint tbh. Obviously they're not too optimistic after last week but they've filled the much bigger West stand before and then had to overspill into the South Stand. This is around 4,000 down to 1,400.

We have sold out our allocation, which was obviously 1,400. I don't know what more we could have done? There are Saints fans without tickets who are also going so I don't know how many will turn up in the end. It's only a spitting distance away and so lots of people just turn up if they feel like it.

Were Cross and Clarke fighting each other?

mass brawl and wilkin apparently managed to crack his own player.

4-16 8mins ro go.

Were Cross and Clarke fighting each other?

Ref didn't send Wilkin off for running in...because he cleaned out his own player. Not only are Saints an average side on decline, they are also terrible at biff.

If Wilkin ran in and clocked another player, shouldn't he walk as well? Sure the laws don't specify it has to be a member of the opposition. :unsure:

That's far from being a convincing scoreline but a win is a win. Happy enough with that after the disaster last week.