Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

matt newsholme

Castlefords new twinning arrangement

51 posts in this topic

Marvellous hypocrisy.

See post #18 on the Billy Slater and Jonathan Thurstan sign for Keighley thread. That's how I feel. I fail to see how i am being hypocritical when I postulate a reason for Keighley going this route. I never said I supported it and I don't. Where is this hypocrsiy in my views that you are wildly accusing me of?

Where in my post do you see me supporting this arrangement. Just so you are clear. I think it stinks but for self preservation, I can see where the club had to follow the path taken by the other psychophants.

I fail to see where I am being hypocritical,

You couldn't see why the likes of York,Hunslet etc have dual reg agreements but you can now your club have one.Strange that.

You couldn't see why the likes of York,Hunslet etc have dual reg agreements but you can now your club have one.Strange that.

I always said I could see why they had done it. I just never thought it was a good thing to surrender their independence and become merely an adjunct of a SL club with no further future than A status.

I think the same thing about the Keighley arrangement. I think they may as well change their colurs to black and yellow. Although I disagree with the Keighley action they are just about the last in the queue and it is my guess that they didn't want to do it but faced with the numerous other clubs with SL players that would see them a t the bottom of the league and relegated they threw their hat into the ring for self preservation.

I am not hypocritical. i think the whole thing from Batley to York and all the teams in between stinks and will destroy all those clubs as stand alone enities with ambitions of their own and leave them as useless succubbi to SL bloodsuckers.

Town fans were saying we werent happy with having to do the twinning thing, yet understood why. But that didn't wash with you in the other thread, but now you understand why Keighly are doing it. If that isnt hypocrisy then I dont know what is.

TBF you didn't,you always posted it as SL clubs forcing it on the Championship clubs,not the clubs wanting to do it to avoid relegation.

TBF you didn't,you always posted it as SL clubs forcing it on the Championship clubs,not the clubs wanting to do it to avoid relegation.

And TBF I think that Keighley, seeing what the situation was with those clubs already in these arrangements being about to wipe the floor with them, took a pragmatic view for self preservation. I don't know who approached who, Cas or the Cougars but Keighley and probably Barrow were left out on a limb that was being chopped off. Halifax, Fev and Leigh are richer and better supported clubs and can see a way to prosper on their own and think they have a good enough team without SL help even though they might lose a critical game down the road to A SL stacked rival.

I still don't support the concept though but I am not a decision maker at the club.

And TBF I think that Keighley, seeing what the situation was with those clubs already in these arrangements being about to wipe the floor with them, took a pragmatic view for self preservation. I don't know who approached who, Cas or the Cougars but Keighley and probably Barrow were left out on a limb that was being chopped off. Halifax, Fev and Leigh are richer and better supported clubs and can see a way to prosper on their own and think they have a good enough team without SL help even though they might lose a critical game down the road to A SL stacked rival.

I still don't support the concept though but I am not a decision maker at the club.

Nice back-tracking.

Town fans were saying we werent happy with having to do the twinning thing, yet understood why. But that didn't wash with you in the other thread, but now you understand why Keighly are doing it. If that isnt hypocrisy then I dont know what is.

And Keighley doing it dosn't wash with me either.

1. The way things are many Championship clubs are Feeder clubs in all but name. Who is to say that Castleford wont use Keighley as such?

2. People with attitudes like JohnM disgust me to be honest, with their failure to respect what it means to some people who follow their club and why they dont want them partnered up.

1. The CC clubs are being used as "A" teams. The CC clubs in question don't develop players to feed on to the SL clubs.

2. John is a long time staunch RL fan like me. He hollds a different view to you like I do. All three of us are big RL fans so I suggest you respect him.

I'll be interested to see if it's the vocal minority who disprove - for what it's worth I'm not against them or labelling or dismissing those who oppose - but I wonder if whether or not the crowds and such like do change much.

I think the record is clear.

Rugby league as is soccer is entertainment and the vast majority of fans don't give a fig for local tradition that is why Arsenal could sell out at top dollar every week and not have an englishman in the team.

That is why 132,000 fans watch Superleague and only 19,000 watch the Championship.

I love history and tradition more than most but it should not get in the way of success for our game. If fans hanker after the past fine, but to go round saying those that don't "disgust" them or "make them physically sick" is well out of order.

And they are almost certainly that good old (tiny) vocal minority that destroyed mergers :D

And Keighley doing it dosn't wash with me either.

Yet you understand why they are.

Another club loses part of its identity. The whole thing is a farce and has been wrongly regulated. The likes of Moore, Wood and Leulei playing is so wrong and not how the DR was being promoted as. The way things are many Championship clubs are Feeder clubs in all but name. Who is to say that Castleford wont use Keighley as such? What is to stop Keighley, Hunslet, Swinton etc using Michael Shenton, Danny Mcguire or Lee Briers in playoff games? I would stop sponsoring players if my club ever joined up with a SL one, as for me the club would not be something I feel I could support. I am proud of my club and dont see the need for it to join forces with a SL one. I would rather my team in Championship 1 than watch it be a feeder club for a SL club. People with attitudes like JohnM disgust me to be honest, with their failure to respect what it means to some people who follow their club and why they dont want them partnered up.

People with attitudes like yours invoke pity in me. Pity that they are so blinkered, pity that they have not even tried to think about this issue, pity that they's rather see the game die than survive.

anyway.........

Jake Emmit is the prop

good luck on sun your gonna need it were gonna borrow ade gardner , anthony walker from saints and i believe paul clough not bad players in haven shirts

Gutted to find out this has happened. We always have known that SL rules the roost. To think that team in our league are now just going to be a feeder fills me with despair.

It may well be time to stop watching the game at this level all together.

Gutted to find out this has happened. We always have known that SL rules the roost. To think that team in our league are now just going to be a feeder fills me with despair.

The feeder thing is inaccurate as I understand it. Stanningley may be a feeder club to Leeds as their best lads progress to leeds but Hunslet feed off Leeds in this arrangement. Leeds are the feeder club.

With Hunslet now containing young players playing in an adult league to develop them for the higher level and experienced players playing to overcome injury and maintain game time, I can only see Hunslet as being what I said at the start of all this, an "A" team.

As for the fans......

Hunslet.v.Barrow 2011 att:500 2013 att:500

Swinton.v.Workington 2011 att:650 2013 att:600

Batley.v.Keighley 2012 att:848 2013 att:775

Doncaster.v.Dewsbury 2007 att:1130 2013 att: 857

It remains to be seen how the fans situation will go.

However it's finance not fans that ultimately is the measure of the move. If the income lost because fans walk away is exceeded by the expenditure saved if players are paid for by the parent club then the club will see this as a success if balancing the books as a consequence of a policy of mere survival is what they want.

If the policy is an ambition for Super League then allowing fans to be put off such that they will walk will only take clubs further away from the magic 2,500 Super League requirement.

To me if CC crowds start to go down at "A" teams all that will happen is the parent club will look to make up the loss by putting more of their players into the junior partner.

How this will all pan out over a generation I don't know, but when new people decide they like the look of this "Rugby League" game will dads take their lads to what is effectively a junior partner of a senior club?

I don't think so in Leeds because there's no independence and ambition at the Hunslet club, they are an "A" team. So I can only assume as each of us old 'uns die out each of the new young 'uns will go to Leeds. Something that has happened already in terms of Leeds/Hunslet but not happened in terms of Keighley/Bradford.

We shall see

1. The CC clubs are being used as "A" teams. The CC clubs in question don't develop players to feed on to the SL clubs.

2. John is a long time staunch RL fan like me. He hollds a different view to you like I do. All three of us are big RL fans so I suggest you respect him.

1. Not yet but thats what its setup as. The whole thing has changed to what it was originally setup to be or marketed as just a few months earlier. A number of Championship clubs are seen as dumping grounds to keep or help get a seasoned player fit. I bet the Hunslet props are really happy to lose their spot after putting in a big effort to somebody who likely doesnt even know who they are. I have just seen Leulei cant play for Hunslet which is good. If my club was in a similar situation to Hunslet I would walk away as I cant have pride in my club with what its doing. Some people can accept it others like me cant.

2. I dont care how long he or anybody else is a staunch RL fan. Why should I show respect to somebody who is arrogant and shows little respect to others? Just because he is a RL fan? And why are you sticking up for him, Cant he do that himself?

1. Not yet but thats what its setup as.

2. If my club was in a similar situation to Hunslet I would walk away as I cant have pride in my club with what its doing. Some people can accept it others like me cant.

3. Why should I show respect to somebody who is arrogant and shows little respect to others?

1. I think it's there when the likes of Moore and Leuluai are set to play.

2. Your club doesn't need to do these things to survive.

3. What I object to you doing is calling someone arrogant and disrespectful when guess what - he may well not be?

I thought this thread was going to a thread declaring Castlefords new Twinning arrangement with the Chuquicamata copper mine in Chile, so it could get susidised copper for the next time it has it's floodlight cable stolen

People with attitudes like yours invoke pity in me. Pity that they are so blinkered, pity that they have not even tried to think about this issue, pity that they's rather see the game die than survive.

Local clubs were set up and run for local people and sometimes it's not the sport the clubs play, it's what that sport represents. It just so happens that fans just may be more interested in their needs rather than that of rugby league as a whole. In the context of RL where the tribalism stems from very localised identities your pity rather smacks of arrogance.

I hope folk can see why two tens is now needed, most Championship clubs are not capable of turning a team out so we must save the few that are, and let the rest play in a meaningless league but watching SL's finest regain fitness will be incentive enough to carry on supporting their club.

I hope folk can see why two tens is now needed, most Championship clubs are not capable of turning a team out so we must save the few that are, and let the rest play in a meaningless league but watching SL's finest regain fitness will be incentive enough to carry on supporting their club.

Fev, Leigh, Fax, Eagles and Barrow don't want to be SL reserve sides and don't want to play in a league with SL reserve sides. So what's to become of them? There's more damage than good being done here and the RFL needs to get a grip and quickly.

Will those two tens include Leigh as well even if Rowley has to borrow players from Wigan?

I wonder how long it will be before the lower league clubs sell off their grounds and play their "home" fixtures at the parent clubs ground? This would make some financial sense.