Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DAZROVER1985

NRC final moving to Halifax

84 posts in this topic

As I understand, the Shay was one of a number of options discussed at the meeting. A decision is to be made on the NRC Final venue & the Championships Finals day by the clubs over the next few weeks.

you understand correctly gazza

well, I guess that will depend on how the cost of hiring the Shay compares to the cost hiring Bloomfield Road and the affect, if any, on the attendance. If indeed Halifax is the venue ultimately chosen.

The cost of Bloomfield road was becoming preclusive.

you understand correctly gazza

Any idea which other venues are being considered then Mr Evans?

How will that work though robin if both get to the final? Draw straws?

As I said earlier, it'll be a 2 legger.........

Well as the NRC Final has been in the major west coast seaside resort for several years, perhaps it's time to move it to the major east coast resort: Scarborough. But then Scarborough's stadium is no longer there, as we have most of it. Featherstone Rovers are proud to host the 2013 NRC Final it is then. :D

Sure the RFL can stump the money up to play at Blackpool How much does it cost them for the day

TBH I wasn't a big fan of Blackpool........ but the Shay? What can I say about the Shay? I'd sooner it be on the Carr Bridge field at Ackworth!

Who came up with that?

Here here Dave. A better atmosphere

Another dumb decision. A final should be something unique and special. Having at my clubs ground or Leigh for me cheapens the day and event.

It'll look daft if Fax make the final. Im sure there's a way that possible scenario could have been avoided.

Which ever Champs ground they select, there is always going to be the risk of the home team getting to the finals. No other local SL ground fit to host it apart from Huddersfield. Fed up of trapesing over"t Pennines, anyway.

Which ever Champs ground they select, there is always going to be the risk of the home team getting to the finals. No other local SL ground fit to host it apart from Huddersfield. Fed up of trapesing over"t Pennines, anyway.

I agree bob I'm sick of going to Lancashire too for a final. Especially when their is only Leigh from Lancashire who as a realistic chance of getting to the final. And there is 4 Yorkshire clubs who are realistic contenders. But I think headingley would of been perfect. Even though I don't like hetherington

Headingley, Huddesfield, Doncaster (much less chance of the final), Hull FC. All reasonable RL grounds in Yorkshire for the final.

Finals are meant to be played at neutral venues, and are special by virtue of being played at a stadium where the clubs don't usually play. A poor decision in my opinion, especially so if Fax get to the Final.

Steve, it doesn't always work out like that. In 1976 I'm sure we played Leeds in the YC Final at Headingley. In the same year Anderlect played West Ham United in the one legged ECWC final at Heysel stadium, their home ground and more recently Liverpool played Roma in the Stadio Olympico in 84.

you can't have 2 legs one year and not the next

if fax or leigh get there then so be it

the champions league final is quite often played at club grounds ie munich v chelsea last year

I thought of Blundell Park where Grimsby play in Cleethorpes as an East coast venue but currently it only has a 10k capacity so not big enough for a final but maybe we could play a league game there to spread the word or a pre season friendly ,

Cleethorpes is a fantastic night out , all there is there is pubs, takeaways and B&Bs

The only reason Blackpool is off the agenda is cost due to the RFL spending all their money on Bulls , Broncos and other teams that have FAILED, hardly fair on the Championship sides to lose thier Finals day.

Steve, it doesn't always work out like that. In 1976 I'm sure we played Leeds in the YC Final at Headingley.

If I remember right, Esso pretty much insisted the final was at Headingley on the basis that there wasn't one other decent ground in the county.

Looking back, we've come a long way in terms of ground facilities.

Headingley is good enough to host the world Club Championship!

If it's played at the Shay and Fax get there, it's likely their fans will be treated like the home team, away supporters will be segragated and not allowed in the bar to get the decent beer. Last year in the NRC we were shoved in the Skircoat Stand and had to pay premium prices for beer out of cans served from a table. Finalists would need to be treated better than that!

Another issue is that Fev are probable favourites to reach the final, yet there is still bad feelings from Halifax toward their fans.

Why not Spotland Rochdale central location and the RFL have shares in the ground three sides are seated with the forth terraced and a 10500 capacity finals have been played there before to

If it's played at the Shay and Fax get there, it's likely their fans will be treated like the home team, away supporters will be segragated and not allowed in the bar to get the decent beer. Last year in the NRC we were shoved in the Skircoat Stand and had to pay premium prices for beer out of cans served from a table. Finalists would need to be treated better than that!

Another issue is that Fev are probable favourites to reach the final, yet there is still bad feelings from Halifax toward their fans.

The price of beer is expensive at the Shay no matter which stand you are in. The council have a contract with an outside catering company who also are at Leighs place. Most Fax fans drink elsewhere that I know of. Having said that getting canned beer from a table is not on. Not all Fax fans have bad feelings towards Fev and I do feel things are way better now than say 12-18 months ago. You always get a couple of muppets who wont let things go and move on.

I thought of Blundell Park where Grimsby play in Cleethorpes as an East coast venue but currently it only has a 10k capacity so not big enough for a final but maybe we could play a league game there to spread the word or a pre season friendly ,

Cleethorpes is a fantastic night out , all there is there is pubs, takeaways and B&Bs

The only reason Blackpool is off the agenda is cost due to the RFL spending all their money on Bulls , Broncos and other teams that have FAILED, hardly fair on the Championship sides to lose thier Finals day.

10000 would be more than adequate. The highest attendance has been 9400 in 2005 (1st at Blackpool). Last 3 years have seen attendances of 8138 (2010), 8820 (2011) and 6691 (2011).

10000 would be more than adequate. The highest attendance has been 9400 in 2005 (1st at Blackpool). Last 3 years have seen attendances of 8138 (2010), 8820 (2011) and 6691 (2011).

Batley , widnes. 2010 got 8,138

Was it Leigh, fax in 2011 with 8820

So who is the lower attendance of 6691 then

I don't believe the final should be a the shay. I also think the final should be a few weeks earlier. The final last year was on the first weekend of the summer holidays and a lot of fans had already booked ther hols.