Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keith T

Another link up

60 posts in this topic

It's been announced today that Castleford are to link up with Keighley and Keighley are looking for 2 or 3 Cas players for this weekends match with Haven.

There's not many left free now. Leigh are thinking of using one or two players from Wigan.

Thats Keighley bricking it when they see Wood, Moore and Leuluai being quoted in squads. Its made them think, they don't want to be relegated. They had a squad that was skewed towards being filled by lads from the Keighley area. All that could go out of the window. Their young lads could get p!s$ed off and move away from the game or back to amateur. We are a week into the season and the situation has the potential to be worse than the most pessimistic posters ever typed on totalrl.com

Ade Gardner training with haven ahead of Sundays game ...And another bod I've not heard of.

Ade Gardner training with haven ahead of Sundays game ...

Got told him and paul clough maybe gary wheeler and last week we had the option of nathan ashe aswell think dave woods done right to say no last week but were missing calvert and doran this week 2 of our better players ideally ackerley and barker would slip right in but lets wait and see

dont get me wrong its not right whats happening but i think if you lot borrow a couple of widnes forwards to compliment what youve got you may surprise fax big time and beat em well

Wonder lads if we'll hear from our righteous haven friend after all he's had to say ????

Wonder lads if we'll hear from our righteous haven friend after all he's had to say ????

Especially as Ade Gardner is 30 years old!!!!!!! Obviously his coach doesn't agree with his age limit proposal.

Especially as Ade Gardner is 30 years old!!!!!!! Obviously his coach doesn't agree with his age limit proposal.

maybe his days at saints are coming to an end wouldn,t mind himon loan for the season mind

Only two weeks in and it's anything goes in this system for sure ! Boy there's gonna be fun n games to come at this rate .

Been told Haven are being forced to play a saints player on Sunday and they have no choice in the matter!!!

Keighley have Jake Emmitt and Charlie Martin (forwards) from Cas playing under their new link up.

Its getten a ####ing joke fair enough bring the young fringe players trew the dr bt for ####0sake give the players who have been at the club for a bit a chance to shine

If you mean me then I suggest you read all my posts on this subject.Have said all along its wrong ,just because haven are using it doesn't change that.As for being forced to take them ,Otto if that's the case then what happened last week?.Haven were offered 4 players this week 2 will train with them.So just for the record Dave yes this system is wrong no matter who uses it. is that clear enough for you.Keith the age limit proposal and limiting the amount of players you can register on DR(like we had last year).Would stop most of this stupid bending of the rules that is going on .

I really do hope that I am wrong when I say this but this will end up as a massive disaster for teams below Super League level if it carries on for too long.

Paul Wood, Ade Gardner, the Rhinos props playing in our league plus many others has to be so wrong.

I don't know how Charlo and Woods are going to be able to look their home grown players in the eye when they have to tell them that they aren't playing and therefore picking up much needed pay packets to make way for a player that has no feeling for a team from our county

I am really worried for our sport, long term. We now have the drugs thing going on in Aus. Won't be long before the Northern hemisphere is dragged in to this.

If I was Workington I would play Kavanagh and Davies from Widnes.They are upset not to be picked in the squad, and will be hungry to perform.Halfbacks and forwards seem to be our strong postions.Would not mind Callum Philips though.

I really do hope that I am wrong when I say this but this will end up as a massive disaster for teams below Super League level if it carries on for too long.

Paul Wood, Ade Gardner, the Rhinos props playing in our league plus many others has to be so wrong.

I don't know how Charlo and Woods are going to be able to look their home grown players in the eye when they have to tell them that they aren't playing and therefore picking up much needed pay packets to make way for a player that has no feeling for a team from our county

I am really worried for our sport, long term. We now have the drugs thing going on in Aus. Won't be long before the Northern hemisphere is dragged in to this.

I fully agree......it's a recipe for disaster.

I fully agree......it's a recipe for disaster.

most fans you speak to feel the same.The only people who dont are the RFL and they are suprised that established first team players are been used on DR,like that ws never going to happen was it!!!!!!

I guess the RFL might argue it will raise the level of RL in the championship and give the opportunity to see known SL players which will increase the fan base ? I think Town look to be handling it well though and it will be all about rotation and handling injury problems, but I'd still strengthen the bench on sunday with a Widnes second rower.

well big kylie cant play for hunslet because of problems wigh his visa

http://www.saintsrlfc.com/news/page/2741

So we were force were we Otto.don't think so but this statement just like the Dennis Betts statement and comments from millwards highlights again how the SL clubs view these arrangements,clear they see it more about keeping any player fit rather than developing younger players.What a mess

Where does that refute you being forced to use them?

So we were force last week were we???

"We are indebted to Dave Woods and his team for allowing us the opportunity for our first team players to get valuable game time at a high level."

The clue is in"for allowing us". No doubt now haven have used DR players it's not the same as town using them is it .Just the same and still doesn't make the system right.Its wrong who ever uses it

Where does that refute you being forced to use them?

I'm sure every link up club will be forced to play a player/s at some point DKW I'm sure it's part of the agreements because its to help the SL clubs not the champ clubs. The link up teams are just a toy so to speak to get the SL clubs players up to scratch.

According to BBC Radio Cumbria this morning Gardner was training with Keighley - so which one will he be playing for?