Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

steve56

Luke Hardbottle

32 posts in this topic

Bit of a blow here,Radio York reporting this morning that Luke Hardbottle is now staying in Aus and won't be joining us this season.

Can't say i blame him who the hell would want to come back to england as things stand, big loss for the Knights

ala

Notice that Ryan Esders has left Batley. I'd have him back and play him at Loose Forward.

Notice that Ryan Esders has left Batley. I'd have him back and play him at Loose Forward.

Left under a cloud, but would be worth trial at loose if he was wiiling to come back.

ala

Get Esders back, but never, ever, ever play him at centre, get him in at loose forward

I'd rather play Tyler Craig if I'm honest.

Fair play to Luke though, and good luck to him!

Yes get ryan back, big powerfull and knows where the try line is. Hatrick against swinton last time he played for us.

Can't we send young Tyler out on DR to a SL club like Fev to gain experience?

Can't we send young Tyler out on DR to a SL club like Fev to gain experience?

You should have linked up with us

You should have linked up with us. But on a serious note I doubt their is anything stopping York linking up with a champ one team. Also I don't know why keighley have linked up with c@s they would have got better players off you guys

Thats a bit harsh, Gaz. Now let me think of the guys we had from Cas on DR who really gave it a go, er, er, wait a minute, er, ah, oh yes, I knew there was one - John Davies. :rolleyes:

Big Ezo fan but I'd rather see us bring Ty Craig on, personally..

Hardbottle will be a massive loss but yeah cannot blame him staying in Australia instead of coming to England.

Heard a few weeks back he was staying in Aus , think his other half got a job too good to turn down , shame really them kids a decent player but we will survive !!!!!!!!

Thats a bit harsh, Gaz. Now let me think of the guys we had from Cas on DR who really gave it a go, er, er, wait a minute, er, ah, oh yes, I knew there was one - John Davies. :rolleyes:

It wasn't meant in any bad way mate just a bit of fun. Like the post i replied it to.

I've played with and against Tyler plenty of times but to even compare him, at this stage in his career to potentially one of the best loose forwards in the division is ridiculous.

I've played with and against Tyler plenty of times but to even compare him, at this stage in his career to potentially one of the best loose forwards in the division is ridiculous.

Where did I compare him to Ryan Esders?

Thats twice you've snapped at me today, Chill out bro! ;)

Where did I compare him to Ryan Esders?

Thats twice you've snapped at me today, Chill out bro! ;)

Bit sensitive there mate.....no snapping intended. :ph34r:

You said you'd rather play Tyler than Esders no? There's some level of comparison in there by default surely?

Seriously though the best deal for Tyler is a season of consistency in the 21's. The Hardaker route is a perfect model for anyone that joins the pro scene a little later on in their junior careers

Bit sensitive there mate.....no snapping intended. :ph34r:

You said you'd rather play Tyler than Esders no? There's some level of comparison in there by default surely?

Seriously though the best deal for Tyler is a season of consistency in the 21's. The Hardaker route is a perfect model for anyone that joins the pro scene a little later on in their junior careers

Ah he'll be reet!

Money is tight is more my point, I would rather play a back-row three of Scott, Golden & Craig rather than spend money on a very temperamental (although very good) player.

Just my opinion though!

I think it would be a good idea to get Esders back if possible, surely the cash set aside for Hardbottle would pay for him. As Dave Woods would say its good to have someone in the team who has a bit of 'mongrel' about them. Don't think we have anyone like that at the moment, possibly Kingy if he comes back. Esders would be a great asset for our current team, and hopefully Gary Thornton can coach him not to give as many penalties away...come on Willo do the business.

I think it would be a good idea to get Esders back if possible, surely the cash set aside for Hardbottle would pay for him. As Dave Woods would say its good to have someone in the team who has a bit of 'mongrel' about them. Don't think we have anyone like that at the moment, possibly Kingy if he comes back. Esders would be a great asset for our current team, and hopefully Gary Thornton can coach him not to give as many penalties away...come on Willo do the business.

I agree try and get him back we need aggression .

I wouldn't have him back, he isn't committed enough at the moment, thats why he's left Batley.

Lets just trust the current squad!

I wouldn't have him back, he isn't committed enough at the moment, thats why he's left Batley.

Lets just trust the current squad!

And Hull FC.