Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HunsletHawks

Leuluai denied permission to play for Hunslet this weekend

62 posts in this topic

That really doesn't strike me as something that would hit anyone in the face. Whilst I don't have the most in depth knowledge of the systems and processes involved in player registration it would seem to me that someone at Red Hall has obvioulsy unearthed every last bit of the rulebook to prevent this hapening.

Dual Reg and wether it's wrong or right aside it's players like Kylie Leuluai in a Hunslet shirt that will bring people through the turnstiles and all in all this at face value is disappointing

I'd better check Mark Holme's visa to see if he can play for the Old Boys this w/end then , what with him being from Belle isle and cuming across the borders into Hunslet........Pheeeew :mellow:

Luckily we won't have this problem with Sam Tomkins turning out for us on Sunday! ;) (part of our unofficial arrangement with W***n)

I wonder what wouldve happened if he had played and subsequently found ineligable ? points deductions all round ?

That really doesn't strike me as something that would hit anyone in the face. Whilst I don't have the most in depth knowledge of the systems and processes involved in player registration it would seem to me that someone at Red Hall has obvioulsy unearthed every last bit of the rulebook to prevent this hapening.

Hardly. It was the first thing I thought of when it was announced.

And its the UK Border Agency that said no, the RFL were actively lobbying them to let him play.

I wonder what wouldve happened if he had played and subsequently found ineligable ? points deductions all round ?

Deportation?

ah the vaguaries of the DR system....

I wonder who is going to come in to replace him? :O

I wonder who is going to come in to replace him? :O

The poor Hunslet prop who thought he'd be going out sunday with his girlfriend/wife , kids , because he did'nt think he was needed........

Hardly. It was the first thing I thought of when it was announced.

And its the UK Border Agency that said no, the RFL were actively lobbying them to let him play.

I'm about as convinced that it was 'the first thing you thought of' as I am that the UK Border Agency actively scrutinise the registrations of semi professional rugby league players.

I'm about as convinced that it was 'the first thing you thought of' as I am that the UK Border Agency actively scrutinise the registrations of semi professional rugby league players.

When Widnes announced they were registering their squad with Workington they specifically stated that it excluded overseas players due to visa restrictions. So some clubs have been aware of it for a while.

When Widnes announced they were registering their squad with Workington they specifically stated that it excluded overseas players due to visa restrictions. So some clubs have been aware of it for a while.

Yes, that was my thought when it was announced and I looked to see when he came here to see if he now qualified on residency. He first came in 2007.

Dual Reg and wether it's wrong or right aside it's players like Kylie Leuluai in a Hunslet shirt that will bring people through the turnstiles and all in all this at face value is disappointing

An aging and retiring prop is what will get your turnstiles spinning?

The phrase in the statement "an arrangement that means open-age overseas tier-two visa players returning from injury cannot gain match fitness on short-term loans or dual registrations" says everything about the real puporse of DR to the RFL and SL clubs.

An aging and retiring prop is what will get your turnstiles spinning?

An international, world club challenge winner and 2 times super league grand final winner playing at the SLS just might yes

An international, world club challenge winner and 2 times super league grand final winner playing at the SLS just might yes

it might had you actually signed him

intheshed , are you a salford fan? if so, the amount of s h i t e youve brought across over the years beggers belief

intheshed , are you a salford fan? if so, the amount of s h i t e youve brought across over the years beggers belief

Nah, Fev. Which I understand is likely to make me even less popular on here at the moment ;). And, yes we've had our share of poop over the years too but of all the feelings I have over this DR business, sympathy for Leeds aint prominent amongst them.