Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HunsletHawks

Leuluai denied permission to play for Hunslet this weekend

62 posts in this topic

I notice all the snipes about 'Baby Rhinos' and 'Rhinos Feeder Club' are no longer being bombarded on the York site ? its a great quote that "what goes around comes around"

The ultimate Leeds haters having their puppet strings pulled by Hetherington....... :D

We call them baby codheads now and you lot Batley Bigheads (Refering to the Giants Mascot head) ;)

I notice all the snipes about 'Baby Rhinos' and 'Rhinos Feeder Club' are no longer being bombarded on the York site ? its a great quote that "what goes around comes around"

The ultimate Leeds haters having their puppet strings pulled by Hetherington....... :D

Welcome back Bulldoggy. Who dug you up? :D

It's staggering to think that Hetherington isn't aware of the Border Agency rules. He signs enough overseas' players at Leeds!

It's staggering to think that Hetherington isn't aware of the Border Agency rules. He signs enough overseas' players at Leeds!

are you really having a dig at Leeds, who have one of the biggest 'home grown players' squads in the league, for signing overseas players?

No, he's having a dig at Hetherington who should be aware of UKBA regulations. Wigan are aware of the regulations and didn't DR their visa holders.

No, he's having a dig at Hetherington who should be aware of UKBA regulations. Wigan are aware of the regulations and didn't DR their visa holders.

Either way it gave Hunslet great exposure on national media, including TV and radio, and has seemed to rattle a few clubs and the RFL so we might see some changes put in place that will revamp dual reg in 2014!

Wigan haven't DR'd anyone. (Yet.)

Thank you. I'm well aware that Leeds have a fantastic youth set up, but they still sign enough overseas' players to be aware of the regulations.

This is about Leeds who boast having the best home grown set up but only play with English players, yet they have an overseas player sat in reserve waiting for a opportunity to step in. Rather than a local up & coming player

You got undersoil heating at the new stadium AlanE? If so we might need it turned on for sunday..

It's Gary now is it Gav, next it'll yes sir, certainly sir :-D

Come on mate at least get my name right! ;)

It's Gary now is it Gav, next it'll yes sir, certainly sir :-D

How many dual reg reg players did you pikeys play last week shadow?

More than Huns I think is the answer you're looking for!

York played 5 dual reg last week, we played 2, Sunday we will play 2 York will play 5, that's a 10 to 4 in their favour, York have played more dual reg in two weeks than Hunslet has in its history, which to be honest I havnt got a problem with that, each to their own, but no way can York even think to start criticising us over dual reg! How your media manager had cheek to call us a feeder team on twitter was beyond me ;)

If York and Hunslet finish in the playoffs this season I wil be well happy!

it might had you actually signed him

You ever heard of an exhibition match, a one off where people go to watch?

You got undersoil heating at the new stadium AlanE? If so we might need it turned on for sunday..

Yes, we're lucky to have under soil heating. Amazingly, when we played Swinton in the friendly, after a week of heavy frost, we didn't need the heating, as the snow had kept the pitch soft. Anyway, we can't afford to pay for it!

The forecast dioesn't seem as bad now so, if you're coming over, have a safe journey.

Pity they didn't instal under seat heating when they built the LSV! ;)

York played 5 dual reg last week, we played 2, Sunday we will play 2 York will play 5, that's a 10 to 4 in their favour, York have played more dual reg in two weeks than Hunslet has in its history, which to be honest I havnt got a problem with that, each to their own, but no way can York even think to start criticising us over dual reg! How your media manager had cheek to call us a feeder team on twitter was beyond me ;)

If York and Hunslet finish in the playoffs this season I wil be well happy!

We've got Joe Arundel tomorrow cos he was ###### against Leeds so we're being used as the naughty step.

We've got Joe Arundel tomorrow cos he was ###### against Leeds so we're being used as the naughty step.

So is that Gentle's motivation to the players, do the business or your going to York? Seems daft to say but it's not far off the mark for all super league coaches! Perform or go in dual reg!

So is that Gentle's motivation to the players, do the business or your going to York? Seems daft to say but it's not far off the mark for all super league coaches! Perform or go in dual reg!

I don't know if that's actually the case, I was taking the mick. Although Gentle did say he was off the pace last week so it would do him good to play for us. I'll accept it as Arundel is still a kid really and Thornton has said it will be a different matter if we get offered say Rich Horne or Danny Tickle, but we'll see.

so if Hunslet were offered Kallum Watkins (he's the same age) not leuluai it would have been fine...

so if Hunslet were offered Kallum Watkins (he's the same age) not leuluai it would have been fine...

If he's under 23 I think it's an acceptable enough use of how we were told DR would work. Anyway, I just want York and Hunslet to stay in this division, and if that means using other teams players then so be it, I'll worry about the morals of it all when I've got no club to support.

If he's under 23 I think it's an acceptable enough use of how we were told DR would work. Anyway, I just want York and Hunslet to stay in this division, and if that means using other teams players then so be it, I'll worry about the morals of it all when I've got no club to support.

Well said nate

told by who? the rules were clear from the start

and even if it was under 23, hardaker, watkins, mcshane, ward & clarkson could all turn out for hunslet at the same time, do you think it would have got a different reaction to moore & leuluia? I doubt it!