Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shun

Dual reg/ Twinning

Dual reg/Twinning   131 members have voted

1. 1. Who is for and who is against?

• For
    • Against

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

106 posts in this topic

There are clear benefits for both divisions. Whilst it is positioned by many as a cost-cutting exercise for SL clubs, they ignore the fact that the Championship club will be getting financial benefits by hiring a smaller squad themselves.

How do they hire fewer players when they don't know when they will have the rehabs.

How do they hire fewer players when they don't know when they will have the rehabs.

Or the position they will play.

"We need a centre and a hooker this week please".

"We'll we've two props that need some game time that you can have"

This is why I think that if things continue along the routte of Championship sides offering rehab to SL players, they will begin to come unstuck as the season progresses.

maybe not fewer players then but fewer top end players.

TBF they could hire 25 players and get 10 injured and have the same problem - theyd work through it.

Or the position they will play.

"We need a centre and a hooker this week please".

"We'll we've two props that need some game time that you can have"

This is why I think that if things continue along the routte of Championship sides offering rehab to SL players, they will begin to come unstuck as the season progresses.

not much of an issue. If you simply used your own squad of 25 you could have your two hookers out unjured.

Players would simply play out of position - not that unusual nowadays.

Exactly as injuries and unavailability kick-in in both tiers as the season goes on I can see some almighty conflicts of interest.

The true understanding of the arrangements will start to come to the fore, and clubs will then begin to exploit further loopholes, as you can bet there will be some other 'arrangements' that will surface that we've not thought of yet.

The RFL at present seem to be spending thier time co-ercing with UKBA tp allow players like Leuluai to take 'advantage' rather than sorting out a proper, limited DR system.

Curious that posters think loan arrangements will kill off the ambitions of clubs and players. What do people think of the Australian second tier here?

NSW Cup

* 7 of 13 clubs (e.g. Newtown Jets, North Sydney Bears) act as feeder clubs for an NRL club of a different name.

* 5 were promoted from lower Grade RL - Wentworthville, Windsor, Mounties, Wyong Roos, Auckland Vulcans.

* Grand Final is played at the Olympic Stadium as a curtain raiser to NRL Grand Final, broadcast on FTA TV.

QLD Cup

* Broadcast on FTA TV on Sunday at 2pm.

* All 12 clubs act as feeder clubs to the 3 Queensland NRL clubs.

In Australia, the second tier gives emerging talent and experienced players a quality competition to develop into NRL players. Clubs like North Sydney Bears, Ipswich Jets and Central QLD have applied for NRL franchises while being based in the NSW/QLD Cup.

Allowing SL players to play in open-age, lower-tier competitions will increase the standards of play. However, where logistically practical, it might satisfy the aspirations of fans of Championship clubs if SL clubs formed loan arrangements more with Championship 1 clubs, rather than Championship clubs.

Just to make it clear, if only to stop o/h in my ear, I DO NOT BLAME THE RFL - the clubs agreed to this

Just to make it clear, if only to stop o/h in my ear, I DO NOT BLAME THE RFL - the clubs agreed to this

Not all of them.

Dual reg/Twinning, What ever you want to call it!

who is for?

And who is against?

For or against what?

A system to the complete advantage of both clubs?

Or a creep towards turning the Championship into an "A" team league??

Until we know the results are irrelevent and a sample of ambiguous responses to an ambiguous question coloured by a feeling of vote no or your club will never again be in the top tier, or why bother voting if your club already is in SL.

or why bother voting if your club already is in SL.

My club is in SL but I don't believe the way the DR system is being administered is either good for the game as a whole or even consistent. It's a make it up as we go along policy which may or may not be to the complete advantage of both clubs concerned.

For or against what?

A system to the complete advantage of both clubs?

Or a creep towards turning the Championship into an "A" team league??

Until we know the results are irrelevent and a sample of ambiguous responses to an ambiguous question coloured by a feeling of vote no or your club will never again be in the top tier, or why bother voting if your club already is in SL.

Ah, I see. Ignoring this poll, but your 'sample' of 20 posters on another thread was deemed to be gospel.

Granted, this poll isn't scientific, and could have more questions added, but its a guide to the feeling on this board, which is 90% against (as I type this), so its a strong message.

However, my own poll is 100% sure that you won't accept these results as such.

horse - cart - bolted ...oh and we will of course review

http://www.therfl.co...ation-timelines

“The new systems have been implemented following full consultation with the Super League and Championships clubs and I am sure that, after a ‘bedding in’ period, will start to deliver results"

Were all clubs consulted and were all rules and regulations explained in full?

The comments of coaches I've heard recently wouldn't support that

“The new systems have been implemented following full consultation with the Super League and Championships clubs and I am sure that, after a ‘bedding in’ period, will start to deliver results"

Were all clubs consulted and were all rules and regulations explained in full?

The comments of coaches I've heard recently wouldn't support that

how many have been critical? The only two I have seen were from clubs who arent DR'd and presumably dont support, or like, it.

Ah, I see. Ignoring this poll, but your 'sample' of 20 posters on another thread was deemed to be gospel.

Granted, this poll isn't scientific, and could have more questions added, but its a guide to the feeling on this board, which is 90% against (as I type this), so its a strong message.

However, my own poll is 100% sure that you won't accept these results as such.

No shaun my "20 posters" crack wasn't gospel at all any figures I come up with will be as baloney as these.

I just go back to the jist of what I believe which is that many Championship fans see these moves as the end of their clubs ambitions to get in the top tier.

You can go and find 2,000 against it if you worked hard enough, we could probably go round the CC clubs and find 5,000 to sign that they were against it.

But what is the point? None of these people have a say anyway, their clubs are the ones who have said yes to it

Or do people believe in fan power? Will a few hundred people threatening to walk away from their CC club unless the board returns to it's independance and vows to pursue a place in SL change policy mid stream?

I think you'd fine such boards stepping down and saying to the fans, you run the club then.

Indeed that's the Hunslet situation. We have no traditional board of businessmen with a few quid. the brillant fans who run things have said that if we end up in the third tier that will be it, so we have to tie in with Leeds and that's it. Hobsons choice.

So what would the point of a poll be down at Hunslet??

No shaun my "20 posters" crack wasn't gospel at all any figures I come up with will be as baloney as these.

I just go back to the jist of what I believe which is that many Championship fans see these moves as the end of their clubs ambitions to get in the top tier.

You can go and find 2,000 against it if you worked hard enough, we could probably go round the CC clubs and find 5,000 to sign that they were against it.

But what is the point? None of these people have a say anyway, their clubs are the ones who have said yes to it

Or do people believe in fan power? Will a few hundred people threatening to walk away from their CC club unless the board returns to it's independance and vows to pursue a place in SL change policy mid stream?

I think you'd fine such boards stepping down and saying to the fans, you run the club then.

Indeed that's the Hunslet situation. We have no traditional board of businessmen with a few quid. the brillant fans who run things have said that if we end up in the third tier that will be it, so we have to tie in with Leeds and that's it. Hobsons choice.

So what would the point of a poll be down at Hunslet??

perhaps its just a fan poll on a fan forum - a little like the match polls.

If the few fans that are left to the A team clubs walk in any numbers, the whole reason for existence for these clubs, other than a an A team in the true sense of the term, will be gone. They may continue as A teams for years but they will be shell clubs, devoid of any raisond'etre.

I hope the SL clubs will be proud of their role is the extinction of 50% of the membership of the RFL.

If the few fans that are left to the A team clubs walk in any numbers, the whole reason for existence for these clubs, other than a an A team in the true sense of the term, will be gone. They may continue as A teams for years but they will be shell clubs, devoid of any raisond'etre.

I hope the SL clubs will be proud of their role is the extinction of 50% of the membership of the RFL.

Oh dear :(

The SL clubs may be pleased on balance that all the resources end up where they count most. In the SKY league.

I'm sure they care, but not enough to hold back the potential and value of SL to the game.

Something you yourself appreciate.

Oh dear :(

The SL clubs may be pleased on balance that all the resources end up where they count most. In the SKY league.

I'm sure they care, but not enough to hold back the potential and value of SL to the game.

Something you yourself appreciate.

Transalation " I'm alright, Jack".

I think it's time for a vote of no confidence in the RFL supremos.

They have shown total disrespect for Championship clubs and greed for Super League teams.

My biggest concerns are

Total loss of identity of our Ch clubs

Devaluing and distortion of the competition

Ruining of any business plans / financial investments by the genuine clubs who do have aspirations.

Driving of players away from the game due to lack of opportunity !

I am no longer following my life long team as I think they have got it all wrong and woe betide them if they do get a run of wins as I well know they can't afford it.

I have the utmost respect for Fev, Halifax and Sheffield who have got their house in order and are much better organised than many Super League clubs.

Oh to get back to the sensible structures of the 70's and 80's.

On Thursday night Featherstone and Keighley played an under 20's game and this afternoon Featherstone and Sheffield played an under 19's game. All without any central funding. But SL clubs can't afford both???? I just don't get it.

absolutely. as I said in my post, clubs like featherstone are to be commended. the SuperLeague clubs are a disgrace re this - they have to develop players in a pro environment in order to ensure the continued growth and wellbeing of the game at elite level. they are totally failing to do so, in order to save a few quid in the short term. A disgrace.

Transalation " I'm alright, Jack".

When you can't answer a point you make it personal. It's not about me.

Championship club fans moan what a financial mess Superleague is in and when they do something about it they moan all the more.

Translate the moans and you get "I'm upset because my club no longer has the chance of top flight RL."

Soccer went massive in the TV era, Union went pro and has three times as much money to offer players, Aussie RL has stepped up a level financially. RL can't get a TV deal to manage a 14 club SL successfully.

Having a childish jibe at me won't change the reality.

absolutely. as I said in my post, clubs like featherstone are to be commended. the SuperLeague clubs are a disgrace re this - they have to develop players in a pro environment in order to ensure the continued growth and wellbeing of the game at elite level. they are totally failing to do so, in order to save a few quid in the short term. A disgrace.

Far more top players are produced by Superleague clubs than by Championship clubs.

Far more junior clubs play the game in Superleague areas than in Championship club areas.

Where exactly is the total failure?