Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ArmchairRhino

All Stars Spoilers

15 posts in this topic

Avoiding posting the score on the other thread as requested.

Above board stream here http://www.ustream.tv/NRLAllStars

12-6 at quarter time. Barba twice for the Indigenous side, second one with some nice hands on the hooter. Trademark curling conversion from Thurston.

Hayne pouncing on a loose ball to go 60 for the NRL All Stars.

Definite exhibition feel to it, but it's good stuff.

18-6 HT

Georgie Rose pinged for a shoulder charge on Josh Morris. Gus straight into the debate about whether the game should be losing that kind of thing. It shouldn't of course.

Great legal hit by Inglis on Mateo. He's having a strong game. Some specimen.

feels a little bit disjointed to me.. unlimited interchanges and this 4 quarters thing..

Some lovely skill on show though. Ben Barba looks set to carry on from where he left off last season.

seems their trialling a rule change similar to the one we trialled in the boxing day games, where a ball kicked dead in goal from a certain distance results in a restart further out than previous. Except the one being trialled in the all-stars game is that little bit different.

Barba is on fire. What a player. Pure excitement every time he gets the ball. Thurston is world class and has so much time to do what he wants. Inglis is a beast and has proved a handful. Needs to get more ball. Good game and good standard for a pre season game with no real pressure. Hope the Indigenous win

It's a harlem globe trotters stylee game for charity - that is all - I am enjoying it but come on

was that a bet to see how many times he could say number

[/

"Where you aiming?" WTF?!?! :D

that was funny. The indigenous boys are playing with a lot of flair and pride, the all stars look disjointed but its a very enjoyable game given its pre-season

41k attendance shows how people feel about this game, some fans will still try and whine it out of existence!

41k attendance shows how people feel about this game, some fans will still try and whine it out of existence!

Here's one I'll chuck out there: 41201 at Suncorp tonight while internationals have been shifted to Newcastle, Townsville and Canberra. Has the All Star game overtaken international footy in the eyes of Aussie fans?

The difference I feel is the Indiginous team means something to the Aborines etc. And the build up to the game has been full on with much work done by both teams in working with the community and taking the game and sport to them and selling it properly. Internationals are usually just EMail shots a couple of cheap posters. Maybe for Internationals the players need to get out there and sell it and do a solid weeks build up with a proper marketing team anbd build the event up.

I think it benefits from having most of the best players on show and signals the run into the season proper, looks and feels like a festival and is best placed as that. I love my lazy sat morning nrl fix - a very enjoyable start.

It's not a proper game, what's the point?

It's a made up team.

Oh, we're not talking about the Exiles game...