Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

raiderboy

Barrow to be relegated and then fold

54 posts in this topic

I would like to thank super league for the end of barrow as the current rules around Duel Reg and ground improvements will make a difficult situation in my view almost impossible to over come thiswillbe the final nail in the coffin. This will result in the end of Barrow as a club.

We will not be the last!

Have a bit of faith lad, we've only played one game.

No it won't.

It will not be easy but Barrow will be one of the few clubs that have control of their own destiny.

When we have improved the floodlights and finished mid table we will be set fair. We will be our own masters, not in hock to a Superleague team for players and with our good attendances we will end up all the stronger.

Don't despair!

I would like to thank super league for the end of barrow as the current rules around Duel Reg and ground improvements will make a difficult situation in my view almost impossible to over come thiswillbe the final nail in the coffin. This will result in the end of Barrow as a club.

We will not be the last!

Other clubs cope. So will you.

I'm sure you know why the club's in this position and I don't intend to revisit that issue in depth.

Is this on @RLMeltdown yet?

I'm not too sure the tweeter doesn't write some of the posts himself so he has something to point at!

We will not be the last!

are you planning to stop attending because of dual registration?

We will not be the last!

Stick with your club, they need you more than ever and good on them for remaining independent. Barrow are a fine club and will come through, don't worry about that.

are you planning to stop attending because of dual registration?

sadly, I know lads n lassess from york and fev who do indeed regard this as the 'last straw'!

Angry and sad at the same time. A proper sh itter!!!

Do you think that will affect attendances?

sadly, I know lads n lassess from york and fev who do indeed regard this as the 'last straw'!

Angry and sad at the same time. A proper sh itter!!!

in my experience last straw is a bit of rhetoric when it comes to change, we'll have too see I suppose. At least you have a team to support

Rhetoric? Possibly.

People stopped watching champ rugby because of the direction the game is going.... well I know individuals from across the champ where this is def the case. This last week I've had conversations with fans of fev n york who have sadly said enough is enough. Time will tell if yhey have walked away for good.

the trouble with "we'll have to see" is, by the time we do see, the damage may be done

the trouble with "we'll have to see" is, by the time we do see, the damage may be done

exactly. So frustrating

well we will have to because that's the current reality

Be interesting to see how this works out. Am I right in thinking that it is mostly only the clubs with any realistic hope of being able to achieve the criteria for SL within the next 10 years (Fev, Halifax, Sheffield & Barrow), who have not chosen to do dual registration this season?

The Dual Reg is a joke. Why should the RFL push forward a scheme that is to save money? It's down to the clubs themselves. It makes a mockery of our game and I'm one of the optimists on here!! :D

The Dual Reg is a joke. Why should the RFL push forward a scheme that is to save money? It's down to the clubs themselves. It makes a mockery of our game and I'm one of the optimists on here!! :D

the problem I think the money thing is a side effect to something that fits in with the licensing strategy. It says to me that the recently mooted debate p and r etc has gone in favour of licensing. I hope I'm wrong and don't see why we couldn't have just had a lot more players in the loan system, same effect but less upset

How did you feel as a barrow fan knowing dodgy des was investing beyond the rules to help you win a few seasons ago? Did you feel sorry for other clubs not able to do that.

Be interesting to see how this works out. Am I right in thinking that it is mostly only the clubs with any realistic hope of being able to achieve the criteria for SL within the next 10 years (Fev, Halifax, Sheffield & Barrow), who have not chosen to do dual registration this season?

North Wales Crusaders aren't involved as well. Apparently Clive Griffiths doesn't think it's the right time, given the club's state of development (or, being a wiley old bird who's been around a bit, he's worked out what the snags are).

I hope the OP's scenario doesn't come to pass

Barrow are an important club to the championship and I'm overjoyed that they have not been tempted to become a reserve team.

What I hope happens is that the support levels of the reserve teams drops at an alarming rate and that two of them are relegated (relegation eh? Marvelous concept).

Maybe then the chairman of the reserve teams will see the folly of their actions and put an end to this stupid system.

How did you feel as a barrow fan knowing dodgy des was investing beyond the rules to help you win a few seasons ago? Did you feel sorry for other clubs not able to do that.

All forgotten about, pal. If only he'd spent that money on thed ground, eh ?

The majority of the fans didn't know what was happeniing behind the scenes, and by the time we found out what was happening the club was on its hands and knees on the brink of going under. Don't think that's a reason to feel sorry for other clubs.

Rubbish,if you didn't know,everyone else did.But like everyone else,teams now need to invest in their facilities/grounds and not spend money they don't have 'living the dream'.

Your right up to a point that it's clubs with an eye on Superleague that have not signed up.

But not signing up to a twinning arrangement does not mean you have a "realistic hope" of Superleague.

Sheffield does not produce top class professional RL players and the club has 1,000 fans.

I think it's highly significant that there is this distinctive split at a time the game is supposedly deciding wether to go back to P & R or extend superleague to two divisions.

Neither is really tenable when the vast majority of Championship clubs are signing up to whatever they are signing up to.

The idea it's just some dual reg signings doesn't wash when you look at the Leeds-Hunslet tie up, where they've been far more open in words and action about what is happening.

The likes of Fev, Leigh and barrow need money men to progress to SL, or they need the collapse of such as Salford, HKR or Castleford.

Clearly some clubs are busting a gut to hang on in a 14 club SL and some clubs are determined to wait to see if they can get in if they fail.

To me it looks like what you say it is, clubs are starting to settle for either Superleague, or a dependant existence on Superleague.

This will be clearer come 2015, but even then any club who just misses out on SL may retain independance.Someone may still fall 2015-2018