Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D11

Barrow v Doncaster Teams

120 posts in this topic

Much better effort today.

Don't know about the better team winning perhaps they did butBarrow had no luck and Hewer certainly did us no favours. That disallowed try made a bug difference. Doncaster had the luck of the bounce for two of their try's . So a bonus point at least gets us up and running. We 'll be alright.

Hopefully the injury to Harrison isn't too serious.

Attendance a poor 867 but a horrible wet cold day.

Another ###### poor result, as i said last week Holt is out of his depth, attendance woeful and Sundays are supposed to bring better attendances?

Bad day both weather and rugby wise ! thought up until last 20 mins or so we could have taken the point as didnt think they where that gud just got the rub off the green , couple off strange calls by the ref and i'm possative he dont know wot off side means unless it against a blue shirt but saying that we should ave done more to win the game . gonna b long hard season but we'll b ok finger x'd :rolleyes:

Town att 1020

not bad gate for u , just hope fans turn up at cp in couple off weeks an not stay at home an watch on tv .

We should of won but it could of gone either way. Linesman was either a doncaster fan or didn't know the rules, it could be both. We'll get better as the season goes on we just have to stick at it.

We're still actually eligible to link up with any club except Widnes and St Helens. Going down this route would be awful but then again a Wakefield player scored the decisive try for them.

Fax would have took a fair few no doubt.

I think there was about 120 - 140 from fax.

I thought the effort today from the lads was good,however I'm not real sure that will be enough to save us this season?

Harder pitches may suit us,we will just have to hope so.

Thing is we have had a bad start,todays result was bad enough but Hunslet were walloped 40-0 at Leigh and with Fev away next week things are going to get worse before they get better!

Plus points were our defence was good especially on our try line and I thought the forwards all went really well,they got some lucky breaks but we gave away some stupid penalties and they cost us.

I refuse to blame the officials,it's not them who stand offside is it?

I think there was about 120 - 140 from fax.

Still an good and improving home crowd.

firstly credit to both sides playing in that weather on the worst ive ever seen the Craven Park pitch.

second in reference to Barrow cannot fault the commitment and effort but we lack any imagination going forward and anyone who thinks we are going to be alright when the pitches get firmer are mistaken as our backline hasnt got any pace.

I hope I am wrong but I really fear another 2005 :O .......all in my opinion of course

We should of won but it could of gone either way. Linesman was either a doncaster fan or didn't know the rules, it could be both. We'll get better as the season goes on we just have to stick at it.

We're still actually eligible to link up with any club except Widnes and St Helens. Going down this route would be awful but then again a Wakefield player scored the decisive try for them.

touchjudges in rugby league ;)

Don't post often because of the usual back lash. The game could of gone either way, we were as good as them the whole 80 I think we had the pace of the game but not the kicking game they had. Cook is a lazy git but his grubbers won them the game. Mossop was excellent but how many bad games has Campbell got to have, ok it wasn't so much a bad game and yes he tackles well but he goes quiet for long periods I want more of him. All is not lost we will win games this year. Like the fullback we are improving every game

Another ###### poor result, as i said last week Holt is out of his depth, attendance woeful and Sundays are supposed to bring better attendances?

What a totaly pointless comment, the work rate from barrow was immence and they never gave up. Holty can't be judged yet, for what I saw today the team lifted themselves from last weeks poor display, yes I was there. Please everyone focus on the positives they are there. We will improve we will stay up and we will have new floodlights

Use r gona struggle big time tho

Sadly mate i fear u cuold b right

I thought there was a lot of effort today and the defence was very good. They just never got the rub of the green and they panicked a bit with ball in hand in good attacking positions, lack of experience methinks. All 4 props did well, and I think the firmer pitches will suit Barrow, that's if they ever come! I'm my opinion the more the season go's on the better they will get.

the game today was 16 against 13. thought going back into champ that officials were gonna be different grade .obviously not . hewer was mega biased. his linesmen were no better. getting pulled for off side on the second tackle off the game, unherd of. gonna be a long season. should be beating our nearest rivals at home not trying to nick it.

As far as I am concerned the weather was the overall winner. It had a massive effect on both the match and the crowd. I thought Barrow were the better side defensively and with ball in hand but had long periods when they could not get possession particularly in the first half. Doncaster seemed to me to spend most of the game offside. The Doncaster tries had a lot of luck about them.

Having said all that it is worrying that the team that beat Barrow last week were themselves beaten easily today by a team that lost heavily to the team we play next week. It's also worrying that we have only scored 3 tries in 2 games.

On the way home I listened to the interview with Holty and I thought he summed up the position excellently. Among other things he referred to the game being played on a paddy field. He also said there was no lack of effort among the players.

Fax would have took a fair few no doubt.

60 max Mick. can't blame them the weather forecast was awful.