Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fester

Latest scores

79 posts in this topic

i would still have a half back partnership of lupton and phillips when matty returns. if matty was there sunday i think we might have nicked it

Indeed Philips looks well capable of a stand-off role, with Olstrum spelling the hooker role I'd keep Forber at scrum-half though and Lupton at 13 ? That would test any defence ?

probably is when lupton went to loose on sunday he didnt play as an extra creative player, we just used him as another second rower driving the ball in, which is just a waste of his talent. i agree if we can use him like we used to use craig walsh when we had him for a short time then it would give us far more options.

probably is when lupton went to loose on sunday he didnt play as an extra creative player, we just used him as another second rower driving the ball in, which is just a waste of his talent. i agree if we can use him like we used to use craig walsh when we had him for a short time then it would give us far more options.

Yes he was a class act. Talking of wasted talent though !

Yes I see Olstrum as more of a replacement hooker in this league . It's alright a relatively smaller guy playing back of the scrum if your a ballplayer like Murrell , but if your a physical go forward 13 you have to have the size to do it , and Karl may struggle on that front in this league . Using his footwork and skills from dummy half will see him to more effect rather than driving it up the guts as we've seen this last fortnight .