Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bleep1673

Nice Bonus

24 posts in this topic

I (hopefully) get a bonus every 6 months - next due in March. :)

Not quite in that league though (even more so once Gidion has grabbed his bit large chunk). :dry:

I haven't received a bonus in 10 years, which is strangely the same length of time that I've worked for the NHS. Nor have I had a paid for Christmas party, or any other such benefit in that time either. I do however (before anyone else points it out) have a final salary pension to look forward to, assuming that is, that it will not have been withdrawn by the time I'm due to retire at 67 (2044).

Never had a bonus.

Never had a pay cut.

Been made redundant three times.

I haven't received a bonus in 10 years, which is strangely the same length of time that I've worked for the NHS. Nor have I had a paid for Christmas party, or any other such benefit in that time either. I do however (before anyone else points it out) have a final salary pension to look forward to, assuming that is, that it will not have been withdrawn by the time I'm due to retire at 67 (2044).

Do you get free health care?

Yes. He gets neglected regularly. ;)

No better or worse than anyone else, or at least no different to anyone else using the hospital I work at. I try to avoid using the facilities though. ;)

Yes. He gets neglected regularly. ;)

As it happens, my employer is very highly rated. :D

We get a 5% pay rise year on year and a yearly bonus which is usually around £2000. Who says "communism" doesn't work?

We get a 5% pay rise year on year and a yearly bonus which is usually around £2000. Who says "communism" doesn't work?

Hmm....any jobs going comrade? ;)

I'm not paying myself a bonus this year (11th year running). Mind you, Im not thinking of sacking myself either so I should count my blessings. Things are tough in Spain.

Hmm....any jobs going comrade? ;)

There may be later in the year I'll pm you at the time if you're interested

There may be later in the year I'll pm you at the time if you're interested

Aye, why not. Cheers

Had a bonus in each of the last 4 years, even though one year we had a 0% payrise.

Not convinced our place is safe mind you, despite building new infrastrucure here.

Pay rise every year, but not on a payscale which automatically rises just based on length of service which I am reliably informed is not considered a pay rise in the NHS, even though it is.

I am reliably informed is not considered a pay rise in the NHS, even though it is.

That depends on your opinion, I view it as a pay rise. ;)

There is however a limit to how far each pay scale goes, the increases don't keep coming forever unless you move to a job on a higher pay scale.

That depends on your opinion, I view it as a pay rise. ;)

There is however a limit to how far each pay scale goes, the increases don't keep coming forever unless you move to a job on a higher pay scale.

So it's not a common misconception then? My wife didn't seem to be able to get her head around why an arbitary pay increase without any requirement for performance was the same as a pay rise. Don't get me wrong I'd push for that where I work, because there are too many people in their 50's on WAY too much money for their role, but they have to have the same % increases as everyone else because that's the way our pay scale works.

There are performance requirements to get the increment, especially at specific points, or gateways, and these are being further pushed with amendments to the Agenda for Change T&Cs that are due to come in from 1st April this year. I'd suggest I'm probably in the minority in viewing it as a pay increase though.

Prior to joining the NHS, whatever my employer, my pay increases (where given) followed my annual review. In not one of the years I went through that did my performance have any baring on what my increase was, as without fail, I always got the same blanket percentage change that everyone else got.

I don't think I have ever had a job where you got a pay rise automatically every year.

That said I did get pay rises the last two years, but not the year before..

I don't think I have ever had a job where you got a pay rise automatically every year.

That said I did get pay rises the last two years, but not the year before..

One of the joys of working for a workers co-operative :)

I also get a small increment each year as part of our payscale. I'm not sure if it is a good thing as one post mentioned, you end up having people who have been there donkeys years on more money just because of time served. I'd much rather have PRP.