Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Barnie

playing within the 'spirit' of RL

57 posts in this topic

Personally i think playing within the spirit of the rules thing that people have been spouting is nonsense. rules are there and as long as they are not broken i dont see a problem. For people to interpret and give their spin on it seems very old fashioned.

the world has changed no longer can taking the moral high ground be an acceptable excuse for failure.

look at the greatest leaders throughout history! Churchill, Bismark, Stalin, Napoleon, Thatcher, as well as military theorists such as Jomini and Clausewitz. do you think they would have achieved their goals by being soft and playing within this so called spirit. No.

its about time we all woke up to 2013 and reality.

only losers play within the spirit. winners play to win.

Take your blinkers off Barnie, just look how often sides that were actually "cheating" got out of Ch1 just in the recent history of the game.

For some time now the rules of the game both on the park and to do with advancement of teams and the code of RL itself, (particularly regarding expansion) are as predictable as an english summer.

when winners and losers are not ultimately decided on the field, but at RFL headquaters via criteria change, (year on year) you may think this is all tikkety boo...I dont though and im not alone!

Well BARNIE you could also say how about all these MP,S millionaires and the big firms that are cheating the tax man but all say its within the rules????

Well BARNIE you could also say how about all these MP,S millionaires and the big firms that are cheating the tax man but all say its within the rules????

i'll second that abu, as for thatcher barnie don't make me laugh too much.

Take your blinkers off Barnie, just look how often sides that were actually "cheating" got out of Ch1 just in the recent history of the game.

For some time now the rules of the game both on the park and to do with advancement of teams and the code of RL itself, (particularly regarding expansion) are as predictable as an english summer.

when winners and losers are not ultimately decided on the field, but at RFL headquaters via criteria change, (year on year) you may think this is all tikkety boo...I dont though and im not alone!

usually criteria changes only benefit the superleague clubs in my opinion, as for expansion imo they should concentrate on the heartland clubs first before trying to expand elsewhere it's hardly been a success in london or crusaders in wales.

Judging by the poll most people want dr changing imo ASAP.

Nice to see all the left wing commies bashing Thatcher and anyone who finds loop holes in the tax system. Interesting.

Calm down barnie your "tory central office" won't want you highlighting all their tax dodging.

Nice to see all the left wing commies bashing Thatcher and anyone who finds loop holes in the tax system. Interesting.

Power to the people!!

Swinton Popular Front

Calm down barnie your "tory central office" won't want you highlighting all their tax dodging.

who said i voted Tory?

Power to the people!!

Swinton Popular Front

Like that one mark.

Thatcher won't need coal where she's going Barnie.. It'll be hot enough

Didn't Wigan or other get docked points for not acting in the "spirit of the salary cap" several years ago?

Because you are a wee bit like DAVID CAMERON and avoid the question.HA HA

all politicians are the same abu.

Didn't Wigan or other get docked points for not acting in the "spirit of the salary cap" several years ago?

Bang on keith at least you get what I mean when I stated that we're not "in the spirit" of the laughable dr system. A link for you all to refresh your memories of the incident, see wording half way down the article.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_league/6896583.stm

We want a level playing field julian. (and so do the Roughyeds!).

"ringers" grafted in at the sharp end of the season will "blow the credibility" of the competition...and there could be a lot at stake couldnt there!

Power to the people!!

Swinton Popular Front

I thought we were the Swinton Peoples Front..........or the Peoples Front of Swinton...........not the Swinton Popular Front........splitters!

The only people we hate more than Salford are the Swinton Peoples front!

I thought you'd have known that

Ha ha

Personally i think playing within the spirit of the rules thing that people have been spouting is nonsense. rules are there and as long as they are not broken i dont see a problem. For people to interpret and give their spin on it seems very old fashioned.

the world has changed no longer can taking the moral high ground be an acceptable excuse for failure.

look at the greatest leaders throughout history! Churchill, Bismark, Stalin, Napoleon, Thatcher, as well as military theorists such as Jomini and Clausewitz. do you think they would have achieved their goals by being soft and playing within this so called spirit. No.

its about time we all woke up to 2013 and reality.

only losers play within the spirit. winners play to win.

What about the concept of the spirit of Swinton Lions - what it means to wear the shirt? It should be an important concept for the inspiration of players and supporters.

What makes you believe filling the team with 8 kids from Warrington (Birkett and Hulme should be included along with the 6 signings prior to the Workington match), added to 5 further random Warrington players on dual registration on any given week, is an effective way to "play to win"? It isn't. At best any win is rendered a hollow win. The best way to "play to win" is to put the work in off-the-field to get attendances up, increase income and be able to attract and retain a better quality of player on an ongoing basis.