Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Daddy_merged

Theo Fages stopped breathing on the pitch after being concussed by Julian Bousquet.

56 posts in this topic

Is Theo now all right?

FWIW, I thought it was a disgusting high shot, worth about 12 weeks for mine … that sort of stuff does terrible damage to the game …

Totally agree. That's probably what he would've copped in the NRL too.

I guess it will be awkward when they are the cornerstones of the national team for the next 10+ years.

don't think it's going to be a problem - Julian will (if he hasn't already done so) apologise to Théo and that will be that - it's the father who refused to communicate with his son in hospital, not an unreasonable attitude when you look at the bad challenge but an 'on the spur of the moment' reaction which will be forgotten - the main thing is that Julien learns from his error and of course Théo is back playing asap

Cheap, dirty, high shot - the kind you'd have see in a game commentated on by Eddie Waring 40 years ago...........

It should have been a 12 match ban minimum if you ask me.

don't think it's going to be a problem - Julian will (if he hasn't already done so) apologise to Théo and that will be that - it's the father who refused to communicate with his son in hospital, not an unreasonable attitude when you look at the bad challenge but an 'on the spur of the moment' reaction which will be forgotten - the main thing is that Julien learns from his error and of course Théo is back playing asap

Just a shame the coach didn't consider it a bad challenge and the assailant then had the audacity to appeal the decision of the disciplinary panel.

From those at the game,it would appear there was also a lack of sympathy or remorse from the assailant or any concern for Theo

What merits an international call-up for the French national side nowadays ? I know the French side has regressed in equal proportion to the hitherto progress of Catalans but Bousquet representing his country....? After that...?

Just a shame the coach didn't consider it a bad challenge and the assailant then had the audacity to appeal the decision of the disciplinary panel.

From those at the game,it would appear there was also a lack of sympathy or remorse from the assailant or any concern for Theo

What merits an international call-up for the French national side nowadays ? I know the French side has regressed in equal proportion to the hitherto progress of Catalans but Bousquet representing his country....? After that...?

do you actually read these posts ?

Julian tried to apologise and wanted to see Théo but his father refused him permission - I agree with the general consensus that it merited a longer ban - Julian and Théo will both represent their country for years to come - even Mr Agar can see that !

as I also said, the clothes-horse assault by Elima on Jonny Lomax a few years back at the GB was much worse but hardly raised an eyebrow at the time

Should've been a minimum 12 match ban, despite what the Francophile apologists on here might say.

There's no place for dangerous and cowardly acts like this in the game. Sadly, a 3/4 match ban does not send out a strong enough message.