Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stratobill

Featherstone V Barrow.Sun17th Feb 3pm K.O.

Match Prediction  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Win, Lose or Draw

Fev 50 Barrow 14

Mom Crossley

Att 1853 hope it's more but I'm doubting it

Would like to know the odds on Barrow winning. Might have a cheeky fiver on it.

In all seriousnous, it's good coming on other teams forums and reading what they have to say. In all honesty I think we are going to get beat, but what better team to beat us. Another true rugby club. Stick to your values and I can see you up in the big league very soon.

be gentle with us guys......lol

Laughton is proving without a shadow of a doubt that he is not fit to enter a field of play as an official.

He cocked up 3 times in the first minute.

And this trend has carried on unfortunately for us.

Fev 52 v 12

AT. 1820

Good score prediction John , closest this week

What happened in the second half ? :huh:

Barrow stepped up a bit.

We slacked off a bit.

3 players off with injuries for us meant limited rotations.

All in all, a usual 2nd half performance when a team has gone in at half time 46 points ahead. The opposition improved and we got sloppy at times.

Excellent 1st half performance from us though. :D Credit to Barrow too for not giving up, and keeping on battling to the end.

Slightly off topic but does anyone know why the golden gamble top prize is now £350 when in the past it has been capped at £500 depending on the sales

Think the other £150 (depending on sales ) goes towards the youth teams/system/development

Cheers for the info, glad that more money is been put into the youth development.

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/haven/whitehaven-coach-woods-not-looking-for-quick-fix-solution-1.1038971?referrerPath=sport/haven

DAVE Woods is not prepared look for a “quick fix” solution and ask St Helens’ superstars to bale out Whitehaven against league leaders Featherstone Rovers on Sunday.

The Haven coach has the option of turning to the Super League giants, their partner club, but is determined to show faith in his own squad, in their toughest test of the season to date.

He said: “It would be easy for me as coach to ask for Tommy Makinson, if he’s not playing this week, or Gary Wheeler, but it would send out the wrong message.

“I don’t think that’s a long term fix. It’s a quick fix. We have to look to Whitehaven Rugby League, rather than expect help from others, though there will be times we need to use Saints’ players. We need a reaction from our boys.”

Woods reckons Featherstone, who have topped the table for the past three seasons, are the ideal opponents to face after last week’s second-half debacle at Dewsbury, as many outside the club are writing off their chances.

“It’s a good thing that it’s Featherstone, because no one expects us to do anything,” he said. “But I expect to win every game, and if we do everything right, we can beat anyone on our day.

“They have been the top side for three years and it’s a difficult ask. It’s a very, very difficult assignment, but we have faith in our boys.”

Woods has only looked to Saints once this term, Ade Gardner and Anthony Walker both turning in fine performances in the win at Keighley.

Back-rower Matty Dale, who had a short loan stint at the Recre in 2007 when with Hull FC, is available for Rovers after missing the win against Hunslet last weekend with a shoulder injury, but Jack Bussey (shoulder) is still doubtful.

Second-row Tim Spears is ready to make his first-team comeback following shoulder surgery.

Rovers coach Daryl Powell said: “We’ve a short turn round next week, playing Whitehaven on Sunday and Keighley next Thursday, so I will looking to utilise the full squad for those two games and Tim Spears will probably play in one of the two matches.”k for a “quick fix” solution and ask St Helens’ superstars to bale out Whitehaven against league leaders Featherstone Rovers on Sunday.

a great day today, many thance to the Whitehaven , fans., brilliant banter.... see you all at aug 22nd,