Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HunsletHawks

Hunslet Hawks Dual Registration Statement

56 posts in this topic

Two points about the statement you have issued.

1. It sounds like you are saying that you had to take the dual registered SL- Championship link up because others were doing it and you didn't want to be left behind when in actual fact you and Leeds linked up before any other clubs. In fact you linked up and announced it prior to the Championship clubs meeting in September to discuss the matter. SL clubs had been discussing this since April 2012 in various meetings.

2. Mentioning other clubs without checking the details of what you were saying doesn't exactly do you any favours with those clubs. Much was said about Widnes making their entire squad (except loan players and visa players) available for dual registering and many took this as if Workington would be using all these players at some time. However, in 2 games Town have used a 20 year old who has yet to play in SL in 2 games and a 21 year old with 1 SL game and a 23 year old with 5 SL games to his credit, that have played in 1 game each. Each club that has a link up can change the 5 DR players every week if they so wish as long as the SL club makes them available so there is no difference.

Last year we had dual registered players that became unavailable at the discretion of the SL clubs and we were left short of players at the end of the season, culminating in our infamous defeat at Gateshead with only 15 players (two out of retirement, a 17 year old prop on the wing and others out of position and two injured players named on the subs bench to avoid getting a fine). The only thing wrong with the system last year was this sort of thing brought about by SL clubs withdrawing their players at the wrong times. If this sort of problem had been discussed properly by the Championship clubs at constituted meetings then we may have come up with a better system than last years and certainly better than this years. However, once one partnership was announced that was it, others jumped on the bandwagon and we are where we are.

1, what evidence have you to back this claim up? And even if true, maybe Hunslet should be applauded for seeing what was on the horizon, and taking prompt action to make sure if we did indeed have to partner with a super league club, that we made sure that we partnered with the biggest and most successful club of the modern era?

2, I've checked the details of the Workington / Widnes and both clubs have stated that Workington have indeed dual registered all the Widnes sqaud bar oversees players so I don't see how you can misconstrue our quote to be anything than the truth?

3, you can try and blame Hunslet all you want but I know full well that ALL championship club had the opportunity to speak up and either say yes or no to dual reg, which 4 clubs did, Workington said yes, so ul have to deal with it, accept that it was your clubs OWN choice, just like it was the HIST boards own choice to go into partnership, it just turns out we got the world champions you got a Widnes, that's just how it goes!

1, what evidence have you to back this claim up? And even if true, maybe Hunslet should be applauded for seeing what was on the horizon, and taking prompt action to make sure if we did indeed have to partner with a super league club, that we made sure that we partnered with the biggest and most successful club of the modern era?

2, I've checked the details of the Workington / Widnes and both clubs have stated that Workington have indeed dual registered all the Widnes sqaud bar oversees players so I don't see how you can misconstrue our quote to be anything than the truth?

3, you can try and blame Hunslet all you want but I know full well that ALL championship club had the opportunity to speak up and either say yes or no to dual reg, which 4 clubs did, Workington said yes, so ul have to deal with it, accept that it was your clubs OWN choice, just like it was the HIST boards own choice to go into partnership, it just turns out we got the world champions you got a Widnes, that's just how it goes!

1. Try reading this from the RFL website - RFL News dated 10th February 2012 (sorry I can't get the link to work)

2. Your statement was to give the impression that Workington were using players with a lot of SL experience when they haven't done anything of the sort.

3. I am not blaming Hunslet for anything other than you trying to make out that it was because of other clubs forming these partnerships that caused Hunslet to form one with Leeds, when in actual fact you were the first.

I don't suppose you had any choice either seeing as it was Mr Hetherington's pet subject. ;) ;)

Firstly well done to HIST for issuing this statement and keeping OUR fans aware of the thought process.

Secondly well done to HIST for reacting to what appears to be an ever changing situation.

However, the feedback that must go from our club and others back to the RFL is "get your act sorted out and give some clear direction". The situation which has unfolded is just not good enough for a professional sport where fans pay good money to watch.

If fans can come up with flaws in the system in a few exchanges on a forum what process, if any, did the RFL go through in determining the rules.

It would be nice to hear a view from the RFL press officer. That is who angry fans should be venting their feelings to, not Hunslet.

just because fans think they find flaws, it doesn't mean that the clubs/rfl view them as flaws.

Firstly well done to HIST for issuing this statement and keeping OUR fans aware of the thought process.

Secondly well done to HIST for reacting to what appears to be an ever changing situation.

However, the feedback that must go from our club and others back to the RFL is "get your act sorted out and give some clear direction". The situation which has unfolded is just not good enough for a professional sport where fans pay good money to watch.

If fans can come up with flaws in the system in a few exchanges on a forum what process, if any, did the RFL go through in determining the rules.

It would be nice to hear a view from the RFL press officer. That is who angry fans should be venting their feelings to, not Hunslet.

The RFL have a rule book which they refer to Cas Hawk its in Australia B)

I think a lot of people have got very short memory .It was just a short time ago the headlines in the papers and the news about the MPS expenses and the millionaires paying next to know tax all within the rules but do you honestly think that was right ??????

1. Try reading this from the RFL website - RFL News dated 10th February 2012 (sorry I can't get the link to work)

2. Your statement was to give the impression that Workington were using players with a lot of SL experience when they haven't done anything of the sort.

3. I am not blaming Hunslet for anything other than you trying to make out that it was because of other clubs forming these partnerships that caused Hunslet to form one with Leeds, when in actual fact you were the first.

I don't suppose you had any choice either seeing as it was Mr Hetherington's pet subject. ;) ;)

Hunslet Hawks, innovators not imitators ;)

All the best for the season!

Or even instigators!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hunslet Whino's, Hetheringtons ##### !!

Hunslet Whino's, Hetheringtons ##### !!

A very informed,erudite post,well done.

Well, fellow supporters of Championship clubs, what a sad and depressing read this thread makes.

I see it is also "trending" on the main TRL site but I haven't summoned up the courage to go in and read it.

The fact that most of the posts are intelligent and make perfectly valid points in their own way just highlights how totally ludicrous this dual-reg so-called "system" has become. It's like the Wild West, with rules and interpretations seemingly being made up on an on-going basis.

And as a result we now have

i) supporters of the same club divided as to whether dual-reg is good for them

ii) supporters of twinned clubs arguing with each other as to the way they're using dual-reg

iii) supporters of non-twinned clubs arguing with those of twinned clubs arguing whether anybody should even use dual-reg at all

Not good at all, and even though we're told everything that is happening is "within the rules", there is the very real risk that if things go on this way, the Championship is in danger of tearing itself apart.

I'm worried now that the RFL's "wait till the end of the season" stance might be too late, and no matter who you support, every club in the Championship deserves better. We desperately need some fair and proper governance in place NOW ... but unfortunately the slim chances of that happening makes me even more worried.

.. I think I'd better go back and read the moths thread again now to cheer myself up :(

Well, fellow supporters of Championship clubs, what a sad and depressing read this thread makes.

I see it is also "trending" on the main TRL site but I haven't summoned up the courage to go in and read it.

The fact that most of the posts are intelligent and make perfectly valid points in their own way just highlights how totally ludicrous this dual-reg so-called "system" has become. It's like the Wild West, with rules and interpretations seemingly being made up on an on-going basis.

And as a result we now have

i) supporters of the same club divided as to whether dual-reg is good for them

ii) supporters of twinned clubs arguing with each other as to the way they're using dual-reg

iii) supporters of non-twinned clubs arguing with those of twinned clubs arguing whether anybody should even use dual-reg at all

Not good at all, and even though we're told everything that is happening is "within the rules", there is the very real risk that if things go on this way, the Championship is in danger of tearing itself apart.

I'm worried now that the RFL's "wait till the end of the season" stance might be too late, and no matter who you support, every club in the Championship deserves better. We desperately need some fair and proper governance in place NOW ... but unfortunately the slim chances of that happening makes me even more worried.

.. I think I'd better go back and read the moths thread again now to cheer myself up :(

When in doubt read about moths ;)

Alan didnt Richard Moore play for you on loan not so long ago?

No, he was actually one of our signed players for our (in) famous Sooper Dooper League season in 2005, when his main contribution was to press the self-destruct button at every opportunity! Since then he has learned a lesson, overcome a terrible illness and looked an impressive athlete on Sunday.

Having been impressed with his display, where it looked as though the game meant something to him, I still don't think he should be allowed to play in the Championship. In all honesty, I would feel the same if we were to have someone like him as a D/C. (if we were allowed to have any, that is! ;) )

When in doubt read about moths ;)

Hunslet Hawks ... the natural choice of lepidopterists everywhere ;)

Gary Hetherington has just informed us we must rebrand to "Hunslet Moths" and our mascot should be "Mathew Moth" if we do this we will have an unlimited amount of moths available on dual reg! Ralph Rimmer has said that dual reg for moths is beneficial not only for the moth outside its natural habitat but will benefit the moths development in the long run

They say that February is the coldest moth , were on the wrong page here , keep getting drawn towards the brightest topic

nevermind moths rick, remember the toad scenes from the league of gentlemen...

nevermind moths rick, remember the toad scenes from the league of gentlemen...

Class Steve pure class , Don't mention the F-word..........

In this Forum we never mention the F word rick, as Papa Lazarou would say to the Rhinos- you,re my players - Now

Your a couple of real educated Dudes :lol: :lol: :lol:

To make this topic easy to understand ( at least by me) can anyone list the Championship clubs and the number of dual registered players they each have.

To make this topic easy to understand ( at least by me) can anyone list the Championship clubs and the number of dual registered players they each have.

Surely that's an easy one to answer Frisky... as I understand any club can have 5 DR players in their starting line up... and basically the 5 players can be anyone from the partnered club. Apart from those with certain visas at this point...

Class Steve pure class , Don't mention the F-word..........

No solids in the downstairs toilet

Surely that's an easy one to answer Frisky... as I understand any club can have 5 DR players in their starting line up... and basically the 5 players can be anyone from the partnered club. Apart from those with certain visas at this point...

Except swinton who have signed 6 x 1 year contracts with warrington players and then 5 dual registered players, So they can have 11.