Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gav Wilson

Batley v Knights

94 posts in this topic

The referee at the LoveRugbyLeague.com stadium on Sunday for Batley Bulldogs v York City Knights RLFC will be Mr G.Stokes.

The game also kicks off at 2pm.

You havent renamed the 'Nine oil' as well have you, Gav ? :D

Will be grafting so will have to miss this one, never been to Mount Unpleasant and seen the Knights get anything but hammered, so another good display and if not a win a bonus point would be nice. To all you lucky enough to be going, enjoy :)

Fordy 50/50 for Sunday, George Elliott, Aaron Lyons & Haynsey all playing at Fev

tonight as possibles to replace him.

Shock, horror - Kingy has rejected new contract terms, original contract

was annulled due to his no-show at the club so far this pre-season/season.

Joe Hemmings not training at the moment due to work & family commitments,

but still registered with us.

Shock, horror - Kingy has rejected new contract terms, original contract

was annulled due to his no-show at the club so far this pre-season/season.

Joe Hemmings not training at the moment due to work & family commitments,

but still registered with us.

Dont think we need Kingy, rather play someone who wants to play for the club, Sully, Aldos, Stenchion, Nicholson etc:.

Dont think we need Kingy, rather play someone who wants to play for the club, Sully, Aldos, Stenchion, Nicholson etc:.

And so say all of us. Kingy's too old and brittle to put any money into now. Get him in to help coach the u20s pack.

On batley site they think it will be a walkover . Saying that GT tactics are 5 drives and a kick . Ha ha they are in for a surprise !!!!!!

Not really everybody though is it. Most saying it Will be close. However you would expect us to win given recent form wouldn't you?

Not really everybody though is it. Most saying it Will be close. However you would expect us to win given recent form wouldn't you?

Absolutley. I'm just hoping for a good performance and at least a bonus point. Anything more would be a Brucey Bonus!

And you could of course. I do not think we are running smoothly yet - as noone is - and as it's early in the season we are all fighting to find our level in the pack.

And so say all of us. Kingy's too old and brittle to put any money into now. Get him in to help coach the u20s pack.

Well not quite all, the management did offer him a new contract

Well not quite all, the management did offer him a new contract

Yep, on reduced terms to what he signed in August. Which is perfectly reasonable.

So where are your strengths then? I reckon we are a little weaker up front and we miss Gareth Moore too. We do have plenty of pace in the backs though. Hopefully it will be enough to keep those young lads quiet.

So where are your strengths then? I reckon we are a little weaker up front and we miss Gareth Moore too. We do have plenty of pace in the backs though. Hopefully it will be enough to keep those young lads quiet.

Personally I believe we have the best kicker in the league in Simon Brown, so if our forwards can match yours and give him and Nicklas room to play then anything could happen...

I'd say we're strongest at half back, second row, and the back 5. Our props and hookers aren't bad either ;)

I'd say our kicking game gives us a big advantage in both attack & defence, we kept out 5 consecutive sets last Sunday, with Browns drop-outs twice reaching the opposition 20m, and Nicklas kicking a mean 40-20 9 (more like 20-10) when we were under the cosh. If we play like we did on Sunday, certain Batley fans might be surprised at the style Thornton has us playing.

I'd say we're strongest at half back, second row, and the back 5. Our props and hookers aren't bad either ;)

I'd say our kicking game gives us a big advantage in both attack & defence, we kept out 5 consecutive sets last Sunday, with Browns drop-outs twice reaching the opposition 20m, and Nicklas kicking a mean 40-20 9 (more like 20-10) when we were under the cosh. If we play like we did on Sunday, certain Batley fans might be surprised at the style Thornton has us playing.

Hardly worth us turning up then :)

I can't believe some folk! Why don't you have a word with Gary Thornton then you can send 'em our game plan as well! Don't you think it would be wiser to let 'em find out on Sunday where our strengths are?

I can't believe some folk! Why don't you have a word with Gary Thornton then you can send 'em our game plan as well! Don't you think it would be wiser to let 'em find out on Sunday where our strengths are?

DVD's of all games are available to coaches direct from the RFL. I very much doubt a coach of the calibre of John Kear gets tips from here.

I'm fairly sure John Kear will already have an inkling that Simon Brown is quite good at kicking.

I wonder if Kear knows that Thornton is aware of the slope...

Walmsley's out, which knocks a good 18 foot and half a ton off their front row. We might just do better than our last visit if we keep our fingers crossed.