Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gav Wilson

Batley v Knights

94 posts in this topic

im in leeds mate.......alwoodley

Is that what you said when you lost at whitehaven lol :D

Ha ha. I live in Alwoodley too. King Lane. We should meet up and slag each other's teams off

Having read the club report of the game, I think the injury to Ford and the recall to Hull of Tom Lineham as well as the injury during the game of Matt Nicholson had a big effect on the result. We do not have a big squad, and I am afraid that this afternoon this showed.

I do not think we ever really expected to win, but I would have liked the game to have been a bit more of a contest.

When a team does not get the rub of the green it can affect them, you only had to watch the Warrington v Catalan game on Friday to see that.

Think we missed Fordy & Lineham today , why was Ben Dent picked ahead of Haynsey ? Didn't get That one ! Losing Matt Nicko so early then Danny Nic were big blows which also left us 2 subs down ! Plus having a perfectly good try turned down for a forward pass where you saw Joe Arundel actually turn & throw the ball to Jonny Pressley who was behind him beggared belief , then Browny gets sin binned for questioning decisions ! Isn't the skipper allowed to do that ? Stokes is a very arrogant & very poor referee , I know Sam Scott's dad wasn't happy at the way he spoke to Sam at the halftime hooter when he tried to say he'd missed a number of forward passes , how this idiot gets to referee pro matches is beyond belief , he even gave Batley a couple of poor calls so not all one sided but mostly , ruined what could have been a decent match as up to 35 mins there was nothing in it tbh

What's going on , Hunslet & Batley fans residing in one of the more affluent areas of Leeds , what next Macca living in Wigton lmao : )

Plus having a perfectly good try turned down for a forward pass where you saw Joe Arundel actually turn & throw the ball to Jonny Pressley who was behind him beggared belief

We were stood directly opposite play and the pass was forward by quite a distance. Hard to tell whether your Centre delayed it too long or whether Pressley overran it, but it was certainly the correct call.

One of our tries should also have been disallowed for a forward pass too. We got lucky I guess.

What's going on , Hunslet & Batley fans residing in one of the more affluent areas of Leeds , what next Macca living in Wigton lmao : )

LOL. There is an Alwoodley Hawk who I don't know as well. Macca lives in a 5 bed detach on Ling Lane Scarcroft

Macca lives in a 5 bed detach on Ling Lane Scarcroft

Are the owners aware of the fact? :)

Plus having a perfectly good try turned down for a forward pass where you saw Joe Arundel actually turn & throw the ball to Jonny Pressley who was behind him beggared belief

We were stood directly opposite play and the pass was forward by quite a distance. Hard to tell whether your Centre delayed it too long or whether Pressley overran it, but it was certainly the correct call.

One of our tries should also have been disallowed for a forward pass too. We got lucky I guess.

Don't waste your time and effort, Nick. Some fans resort to blaming the officials after EVERY loss. It's quite possible that the referee made a few incorrect calls today - as referees do every week, but it's childish in the extreme to suggest that a scoreline of 42-4 (that should probably have been closer to the 60 mark) was largely the fault of George Stokes. As some have already confirmed, the Presley 'try' came from a pass that was about 3 yards forward.

Not saying the ref helped you, but you can't just give up before your not having the rub of the green Andy! That's life, you've got to get on with it. You were 18-4 down at halftime, not 40-4!

The first 2 tries were length of the field jobs and had nothing to do with the ref, and the third came off the back off 3 Batley penalties, 2 for 'gobbing off'. Whether you agree with the original decision or not, conceding another 40 metres (with the kick included) is simply inexcusable.

The key today was that we dominated both possession and the collision. Even though I thought York did well for the first half hour we restricted you to about 3 sets in our 20 down the slope, which is always going to be crucial.

Couldn't agree more. If your going to give up @ 18-4 regardless of any (what you call dubious decisions) then we may as all stay at home. I still wouldn't say that we got the rub of the green though as we could have had more pens for consistent holding down, especially in the first half. Nick07 makes a good point in the fact that you can't give 20 meters in 5 seconds for whinging, that's playground rugby. I hope you do ok for he rest of the season as I said before your backs looked quite interesting. Just allowed our backs to make 40 metres on nearly every play. Good luck though and I'm sure there will be good results around the corner.

Don't waste your time and effort, Nick. Some fans resort to blaming the officials after EVERY loss. It's quite possible that the referee made a few incorrect calls today - as referees do every week, but it's childish in the extreme to suggest that a scoreline of 42-4 (that should probably have been closer to the 60 mark) was largely the fault of George Stokes. As some have already confirmed, the Presley 'try' came from a pass that was about 3 yards forward.

I think you will find most of the York supporters at the game agree that you were much the better side. As for the Presley 'try' it is academic at the end of the day.

Just try to be a bit more graceful in victory, we are all supporters who only want the best for our team, and no body likes to be at the end of a 40 point scoreline.

so you reckon that would have been a different result ??? In that case if we had had Walmsley, Moore and top try scorer last season Potts in the line up then it would have been more ??? its all ifs and buts mate.....get over it

Where do I say that I reckon the result would have been different, I only said more of a contest.

I went to the game today and to be honest from 5 mins in I feared the worst, Batley simply had far too much fire power all over the park for us, yes Stokes pegged us back time and time again but even without that honestly we were no match for the Dogs. Our forwards worked hard but did they break the line once ? Not that I can remember, How many off loads did they manage? maybe one at the most.

Honestly thought with a classy open field kicker like Browny in our ranks and a coach who knows that pitch inside out that for the first time in years we would go there with a real chance of at least a bonus point, instead they pinned us in our own 20 and we could not break out part from a kick to nothing. Their lads clearly wanted it and the way they ran onto the ball in both halves is a lesson we must learn quickly, even our better forwards lacked any go forward with the exception of Sully who was Knights MOM for me.

3 games in, two away from home and 4pts- would have still taken that before season kick-off so we shouldn't over react, however think we still need some more size if we want to try and compete with the top 6, backs look pacy enough when we decide to throw it wide.

Oh how I wish we had signed John Davies, absolutely outstanding player today, he was everywhere in defence and the dart out of the line to smash Presley was the sort of drive we are missing a little.

Heads up lads onto the next game.

I think you will find most of the York supporters at the game agree that you were much the better side. As for the Presley 'try' it is academic at the end of the day.

Just try to be a bit more graceful in victory, we are all supporters who only want the best for our team, and no body likes to be at the end of a 40 point scoreline.

I agree to some extent, however it's equally frustrating when opposing supporters blame the pitch/ground and the referee when they get beat by almost 40 points. Look on the Swinton/Workington/keighley boards to see the same old predictable reactions. Accept losing with grace too! We are a decent team too you know.

I agree to some extent, however it's equally frustrating when opposing supporters blame the pitch/ground and the referee when they get beat by almost 40 points. Look on the Swinton/Workington/keighley boards to see the same old predictable reactions. Accept losing with grace too! We are a decent team too you know.

Ok, I'll shut up then :)

Rather that clown than Hewer. His performance in our game against Keighley earlier this season was one of the worst i''ve seen in 20 years.....and we won by 30 points.

The standard seems to get worse year after year. Leatherbarrow is about the best i've seen at the moment IMO.

Ok, I'll shut up then :)

Ha ha, no need. I do think though that people need to take a breath and think before they put on the forums their feelings straight after they lose.

I don't think anyone blamed the ref for us getting beat. What pizzas me off is that we were robbed of a decent game within 30 minutes of kick off. Had Brown not been binned for being a captain, Batley wouldn't have got another try in the first half - from there its all to play for. But instead, man down, 2 dodgy tries and halftime hooter. 2nd half is just 40 minutes.

Nicholson got injured, so wed never beat your forwards, our star wing wasn't on, so we'd never beat your wing. 42 v 4 is not how it wouldve ended under a fairer ref - prob 24 v 16 - and we'd all still be mates.

Knights fans are passionate about Rugby league and yes we don't like to lose, but I will be watching out when the Dogs have a bad day at the office, as for the man in the middle well he's a class act,what goes round comes around,somtimes I feel I've watched a different game to others posting on here,but we will have our day and that's why we go on supporting our club passionatley. :rolleyes:

I don't think anyone blamed the ref for us getting 42 v 4 is not how it wouldve ended under a fairer ref - prob 24 v 16 - and we'd all still be mates.

Lol you just blamed the ref! You would not have got within 8 points of us if you had started playing on Tuesday!

I can hear the 'Thornton out' chants already.

Enjoy your journey under sir Gary, reminded me of some harrowing defeats we had under him during his reign at Batley.

2nd best in all departments against a side that didnt break sweat.

Sign of things to come under GT?

You have been warned!

I can hear the 'Thornton out' chants already.

Enjoy your journey under sir Gary, reminded me of some harrowing defeats we had under him during his reign at Batley.

2nd best in all departments against a side that didnt break sweat.

Sign of things to come under GT?

You have been warned!

24486687.jpg

Knights fans are passionate about Rugby league and yes we don't like to lose, but I will be watching out when the Dogs have a bad day at the office, as for the man in the middle well he's a class act,what goes round comes around,somtimes I feel I've watched a different game to others posting on here,but we will have our day and that's why we go on supporting our club passionatley. :rolleyes:

I am not entirely sure what you mean by this but . . . .no one is suggesting the ref was perfection itself, and as batley supporters, no one knows better than us about what goes round comes around. Of course we will have a bad day at the office, plenty of them I guess, and some of us will blame the ref. I am not disputing that. All I know is York simply, on the day, not as good as us, no matter what the circumstances were.

Oh and good for you for being passionate about your team, believe it or not, there are some Batley supporters who are passionate too, and don't like losing.

Not strictly lucky, Nick. Stokes was up with play for the pass to Pressley and called it correctly. He was behind play for the pass to Hemingway and it was half a yard forward. So not luck - the ref ( in this case ), though couldnt disagree that 6-4 after 35 flattered the Knights. The second half was a forgone conclusion as we had lost four players to injury by the hour mark. Has Ben Black counted his ribs yet cos there are probably a few missing after that shot someone put on him as he set up the last try !!

Rather that clown than Hewer. His performance in our game against Keighley earlier this season was one of the worst i''ve seen in 20 years.....and we won by 30 points.

The standard seems to get worse year after year. Leatherbarrow is about the best i've seen at the moment IMO.

We had him today and he was a complete and utter joke.