Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gav Wilson

Batley v Knights

94 posts in this topic

Thought Elliott may have made the 17, if not a starting place yesterday.

I think that this is an example of how we are still well behind the top 5 or so and shouldn't worry too much about getting beat by Batley.It's when we play the teams around us that victories and bonus points are essential to avoid the drop.

Oh and to those (particulary the top sides)who are complaining about dual reg it looks to me that the table is resuming it's normal state and the usual suspects are still top of the pile and shouldn't panic about us little teams catching them up with our Super League stars!

Think everything has been covered there, Batley deserved to win, but teams like that

don't need to get all the 50/50 calls from that idiot to win a game.

Only thing I would add is that I thought Aaron Lyons went really well when he came on.

Not strictly lucky, Nick. Stokes was up with play for the pass to Pressley and called it correctly. He was behind play for the pass to Hemingway and it was half a yard forward. So not luck - the ref ( in this case ), though couldnt disagree that 6-4 after 35 flattered the Knights. The second half was a forgone conclusion as we had lost four players to injury by the hour mark. Has Ben Black counted his ribs yet cos there are probably a few missing after that shot someone put on him as he set up the last try !!

Interesting Andy - spoke to one of our coaching staff this morning who has since watched the video &

insists the pass was not forward.

Interesting Andy - spoke to one of our coaching staff this morning who has since watched the video &

insists the pass was not forward.

Interesting indeed. As interesting as the footage on the York website of yesterdays game in which there's no evidence whatsoever of a forward pass in the build up to Hemingways try.

Whilst Batley defended well I thought that we weren't especially fluid in attack. A dispirited York side looked very poor in the second half,and I doubt that you will see as bad a display again this season. The game was won and lost in the first half when York had to do a lot of defending. There could easily have been two further York trys down the slope which would have made for an edgier and closer game.

Anyway,no sympathy from me (ok just a little as a fellow supporter). I remember many a tanking from York at their old ground whilst a crowd of 3,000 plus bayed like Romans watching the Christians versus the Lions.

Sam Scott made the Premier Sports team of the week, well done Sam.

Completely biased report, teams concede penalties when on the back foot and are struggling with the oppositions attack.

I thought most of the first half york played well and the ht score flattered us, however in the second half we dominated your team.

I spoke with one of your players after the game and his reaction " we (york) were rubbish"

He's not alone.

Nonsense! York's journalists are miles better than Batley's!! ;)

Ey, I'm not acting as minder if you get in a dust-up :D :D

Yes - they know there's a "W" in forward...