Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

15/02/13 - St Helens v Hull FC - KO 8pm

Who will win?   12 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Hull FC
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

54 posts in this topic

Should be an interesting one. Neither side showed anything impressive in attack during the opening weekend but Hull's win over Bradford seemed far more reassuring than our win over Widnes.

I'll be positive and go for a narrow Saints win, though I won't be at all surprised if we come up short.

Hull FC squad: Joe Arundel, Tom Briscoe, Jason Crookes, Ben Crooks, Ben Galea, Chris Green, Aaron Heremaia, Daniel Holdsworth, Richard Horne, Danny Houghton, Paul Johnson, Andy Lynch, Shannon McDonnell, Mark O'Meley, Jay Pitts, Brett Seymour, Joe Westerman, Richard Whiting, Kirk Yeaman.

St Helens squad: Paul Wellens, Ade Gardner, Jordan Turner, Sia Soliola, Francis Meli, Jonny Lomax, James Roby, Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook, Tony Puletua, Jon Wilkin, Willie Manu, Anthony Laffranchi, Mark Flanagan, Josh Jones, Lee Gaskell, Tommy Makinson, Joe Greenwood, Alex Walmsley, Anthony Walker.

St Helens squad: Paul Wellens, Ade Gardner, Jordan Turner, Sia Soliola, Francis Meli, Jonny Lomax, James Roby, Louie McCarthy-Scarsbrook, Tony Puletua, Jon Wilkin, Willie Manu, Anthony Laffranchi, Mark Flanagan, Josh Jones, Lee Gaskell, Tommy Makinson, Joe Greenwood, Alex Walmsley, Anthony Walker.

No James Child?

No James Child?

He he....

Saints need to find another gear or they're in for a kicking.....Is this walmsley's first game?....

No James Child?

Huddersfield and Wigan's turn this week. Shame he wasn't doing the Sunday game at the John Smith's Stadium...

Strangely for me, a feel a slight undercurrent of confidence. Being Saints away, this is a very odd feeling. Saints' attack should ask more questions than the Bulls' did last week but, reading some of their fans' comments, they sound like they're struggling a bit.

Don't think I'll be making it down the East Lancs Highway for this one so that's another reason for thinking we might sneak a win.

Saints 18 Hull FC 22. :O

I wish Saints would move Wellens to loose, Lomax to full back, Gaskell in at 6 release Lance Hohaia and sign a proper scrum half. I think they'll be a much more of attacking threat with that set up. Game could go either way. Hope Walmsley does well in his first game.

I wish Saints would move Wellens to loose, Lomax to full back, Gaskell in at 6 release Lance Hohaia and sign a proper scrum half. I think they'll be a much more of attacking threat with that set up. Game could go either way. Hope Walmsley does well in his first game.

I agree they'd probably be much a better attacking threat structured that way, but I'm not too disappointed that they're not. ;)

That's it - I'm predicting draws for every game left, the only way ill improve my prediction record ;)

good game, good game???

Given that we were leading for most of that match I'd say Hull won a point and we lost one! Good game in the first half but progressively worse in the second, and I rather think that whatever Brown is doing with us, it is killing us in the last 10 minutes. We are not fit enough and I want to know why Brown thinks that Saints are Canterbury Bulldogs?? We don't have the talent to pass at the line. Only two forwards actually ran forward and did so to make yards; the rest ran like crabs.

Cor just think how bad it will be when Browns team suffers its end of season collapse

Saints 18 Hull FC 22. :O

If only Saints hadn't got that lucky try.

Given that we were leading for most of that match I'd say Hull won a point and we lost one! Good game in the first half but progressively worse in the second, and I rather think that whatever Brown is doing with us, it is killing us in the last 10 minutes. We are not fit enough and I want to know why Brown thinks that Saints are Canterbury Bulldogs?? We don't have the talent to pass at the line. Only two forwards actually ran forward and did so to make yards; the rest ran like crabs.

We did make some very basic errors, including not playing the ball correctly on two occasions. Not too sure why Wellans threw the ball away when the ball was deemed to have hit his foot! Overall, I though Hull were the better side.

I'd of thought you'd better thrush - ing forwards. Must be very irritating so far this season being a saint !!

I'd of thought you'd better thrush - ing forwards. Must be very irritating so far this season being a saint !!

Arf arf. ;)

Couldn't make it lastnight but it sounds as of Holdsworth is going to be our signing of the season.

If so, is that a bit under whelming?

Why he set 3 of our four tries up and did the same against Bradford I wouldn't say that was under whelming.