Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

15/02/13 - Warrington Wolves v Catalan Dragons - KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   14 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Catalan Dragons
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

135 posts in this topic

He'll win the game for Les Cats. He's in the mood.

Prescient. Finally, Benny has responded to the disgusting behaviour we've put up with all night and clocked Webb.

Brent Webb is a bum hole.

Ben Westwood is the easiest player in the league to wind up.

Does punching lead to a suspension? (only joking I know the answer)

Surprised we got the penalty, but nice seeing Webb get what was coming to him.

Good short kick from Catalan.

It'd be a shame if it ended up just a score between the teams, given the controversial nature of the game. What's French for righteous indignation?

Glad to see Webb catch one, he's an awful player.

Also I always thought two yellows were a red. Learn something new everyday.

Also I always thought two yellows were a red. Learn something new everyday.

Funnily enough I was going to ask how many times can a player be sin binned in one game, I remember James Lowes being binned twice I believe.

Catalan are my 2nd team, but its hard to have any sympathy for them tonight. Webb and Elima have really let the rest of their team down.

8 point win - scrappy again but a good win.

Funnily enough I was going to ask how many times can a player be sin binned in one game, I remember James Lowes being binned twice I believe.

I think you can as many yellow cards as time allows. Though the ref might send you off after 3 for being a obvious idiot.

Need to sort out the discipline and crazy offloads if The Catalans want to be serious challengers

Need to sort out the discipline and crazy offloads if The Catalans want to be serious challengers

Throw all the Euros and whatever it takes to lure back Greenshields.

Simultaneously both a tough and easy game for Wire, tough due to the physical nature of the game. Easy due to the fact that whenever Catalan got into the Warrington half, they gave away a silly penalty rather than apply pressure.

Interested to see how many bans Brent Webb gets this year, now he's no longer under the protection of being a Leeds player.

Interested to see how many bans Brent Webb gets this year, now he's no longer under the protection of being a Leeds player.

I seriously believe both him and Hohaia are stealing a living.

Brent Webb was a half decent player once

He has ALWAYS been a Sh!thouse thought

Ben Westwood is a very good player, is very easy to wind up and also quite dirty himself

I wonder if M. Guasch still has the same impression of Brent Webb after that game compared to a fortnight ago. Les Anglais, eux, sont plus sceptiques à son sujet... (Brent Webb)

C'est l'un des meilleurs joueurs de Super League et l'un des plus spectaculaires qu'il m'a été donné de voir, doté d'une grande intelligence de jeu. (He is one of the best players in Superleague and one of the most spectacular I have seen and possesses a great intelligence during the game.

I think I can remember Brent Webb being sin binned twice in a game once before.

He's a quick learner.

Great game that. The Wolves were slightly the better team. Thought Catalan got some really tough calls, which for me made the difference in the score line.

Having watched Elima for the last couple of years I'm convinced that referees are quite happy to penalise him on suspicion alone.

Mr Pryce has got some serious explaining to do. That knee jerk reaction to Myler looked terrible.

Pitch made this a closer game, hard going, discipline was ok by warrington.

A few sloppy errors by warrington, building game by game..... Won without briers and Myler is getting better all the time.... Now talking more.

Catalans will go well, hard, determind team with a few naughty niggling players, but so what it's a mans game.

Great game that. The Wolves were slightly the better team. Thought Catalan got some really tough calls, which for me made the difference in the score line.

Having watched Elima for the last couple of years I'm convinced that referees are quite happy to penalise him on suspicion alone.

Mr Pryce has got some serious explaining to do. That knee jerk reaction to Myler looked terrible.

glad somebody else enjoyed it, the sky team just focused on the negative aspects of the game for much of it.

glad somebody else enjoyed it, the sky team just focused on the negative aspects of the game for much of it.

i enjoyed it partly because the season gives us such a diversity of conditions, seeing how teams cope, what tactics they use on a heavy pitch etc provides an extra dimension that I enjoy. Enthralling at times

I watched it without the commentary. It had its moments and even an average game is better than pretty much anything else you'll see. It could have been much better, though, but for the ref/violence on both sides/paranoia from the Cats. It felt like there was a good game waiting to get out. I agree it's good to have a bit of variety. I am guessing that the return game will be tasty.

I'm gonna go for i) Westwood to punch Webb, ii) Elima to punch Westwood.

This isn't gonna be a classic, pitch too heavy and already a willy-waggling precedent set. Something tells me 'niggly' will be a decent summation.

Perfectly succinct.