Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

15/02/13 - Warrington Wolves v Catalan Dragons - KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   14 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Catalan Dragons
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

135 posts in this topic

The game certainly made an impression with the BBC. This morning, 8.30am, on BBC news I heard " the Warrington Warriors defeated the Catalan, err, Catalans in a bad trempered game last night." Great coverage by our national broadcaster.

The game certainly made an impression with the BBC. This morning, 8.30am, on BBC news I heard " the Warrington Warriors defeated the Catalan, err, Catalans in a bad trempered game last night." Great coverage by our national broadcaster.

I think they learneded by 9.30am, I didn't hear that mistake then.

Personally I thought that Brian Carney was way out of order for his comments regarding Catalans and the intonation that they were simply spoiling the game whilst Warrington were simply yearning to provide an R/L spectacular and were being thwarted by those thugs on view opposing them.

BOTH sides were dishing the biff from the word go, only when Warrington did it, that it seemed was fair and acceptable, yet when the opposite side did that was deemed to be unacceptable.

I was not amazed that the game became so fraught with anger (from both sides) but I did think that many decisions given were unfairly awarded Warrington's way. Even the incident between Westwood and Webb was carried on more by Westwood for even after webb had walked away he persisted in following Webb and in my opinion carried on the incident which resulted in a fracas, yet Warrington were then, after both players were sin-binned, even awarded the penalty!?

Having watched the Catalans so many times on Sky I do have some sympathy with their claim that they do not seem to receive a fair crack of the whip from the officials when playing their away fixtures.

Catalans get some lousy decisions when playing at home.

The Westwood/Webb incident is ridiculous.

Webb backed off for over 10 meters when Westwood went after him, once Webb stood his ground Westwood threw a punch, Webb defended himself and a brawl broke out. They have both been cited for fighting.

Webb is as indiciplined as anyone but in that incident he was defending himself.

Westwood should have gone to the bin alone.

I like how the two previous posters have ignored the two sly digs in tackles that Webb put in on Westwood when, of course, Westwood was powerless to defend himself. Of course, Webb retreated faster than Ryan Bailey once Westwood was in a position to take him on.

For those who mentioned the commentary team, they were all as pathetic as one another as they slated the officials for about 5-7 minutes solid for a decision they got absolutely spot on.

Catalans get some lousy decisions when playing at home.

The Westwood/Webb incident is ridiculous.

Webb backed off for over 10 meters when Westwood went after him, once Webb stood his ground Westwood threw a punch, Webb defended himself and a brawl broke out. They have both been cited for fighting.

Webb is as indiciplined as anyone but in that incident he was defending himself.

Westwood should have gone to the bin alone.

I don't disagree that Westwood was foolish for following Webb. But Webb threw the first punch not Westwood.

I like how the two previous posters have ignored the two sly digs in tackles that Webb put in on Westwood when, of course, Westwood was powerless to defend himself. Of course, Webb retreated faster than Ryan Bailey once Westwood was in a position to take him on.

For those who mentioned the commentary team, they were all as pathetic as one another as they slated the officials for about 5-7 minutes solid for a decision they got absolutely spot on.

And I like the manner in which you single out Webb ( correctly mind you ) for sly digs in the tackle! Tell me who was not doing that also? You need look no further than Atkins for a niggardly tackler and, that is in every match in which he is involved and, incidentally from the very start of each and every game too.

In Friday's game not a player on view did not at some time have a dig (slyly) and if Elima had been a Warrington player there would have been a thousand contributors on here vindicating his every action for the sh*** he had thrown at him, both by the opposition and the officials likewise.