Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

16/02/13 - Bradford Bulls v Castleford Tigers - KO 4.45pm (Sky Sports)

Who will win?   13 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Bradford Bulls
    • Castleford Tigers
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

100 posts in this topic

Maybe it's the laws rather than the refs. This team on a warning business will nearly always lead to a sin bin. Take a drive, loose carry and they're in the bin for a ball steal.

Do people genuinely believe that, as tonight, Cas were put on a team warning and the very next tackle Ellis deliberately stripped the ball? Same in the first half when a addy was binned

It ruins the game

Ref wasn't too bad I think the majority of your supporters had a difference of opinion in the first half with all the constant booing you could hear on the telly.

I think when ur at the game it's easier to think the calls are wrong, but most on here have seen it on TV with replays! Although its also frustrating that Sky commentary seem to spend there time finding errors in calls rather than getting excited about the skill and promoting the game. When Eddie got excited by accident about Walkers '100th' try ...... I want that after other tries when it's good skill!!

Maybe it's the laws rather than the refs. This team on a warning business will nearly always lead to a sin bin. Take a drive, loose carry and they're in the bin for a ball steal.

Do people genuinely believe that, as tonight, Cas were put on a team warning and the very next tackle Ellis deliberately stripped the ball? Same in the first half when a addy was binned

It ruins the game

I think that's a really good point. The 'non-offending' team will be, shall we say, 'doing their best to get a penalty' in that situation.

A new can of worms was opened up tonight as the team warning rule might have cost Cas the game. I'm not a ref basher by the way but we've all heard the phrase "The Steve Ganson Show" many times....

Pleased with that. The first thing my mum said when we came back was "Millward's not happy!" It's a shame it became the Ganson Show once again, it ruined the game as a spectacle. I didn't give Cas nearly enough credit, I thought they battled hard - even with that second try :dry: - I was impressed with Jordan Thompson, he got his nose through the line often, Tansey was a handful. Jarrod Sammut, new YouTube sensation with that error.

Our mutual friend Nigel Wood was sat a few seat down from me, I had a quick word with him at the end about his brother-in-law who was a former colleague.

Anyhoo, I'll have to watch the game back, comfort in the knowledge of 2 points, to see the overall perspective of the game. But first, cottage pie and a delve into the murky world of this thread... Oo I can't wait.

The decision when Dixon was taken out and Bradford got the penalty was an absolute joke. And L'estrange should have gone for 10 minutes when after the Bulls were put on team warning, Ellis scored and L'estrange nearly took his head off in the attempted tackle to stop the try.

Bulls deserved the win awith some cracking handling and offloads, not too disappointed. And we all know Scruton will go unpunished.

Penalties looked fair to me & Cas looked like they were going to crack from halftime onwards

Much as it pains me to say the Bulls were much better

Thought both teams looked pretty good, always happy to watch them - mind you the only superleague Team i don't like watching are hull fc

###### poor game from 2 ###### poor teams, how the fat bald headed one can say that castleford will be a top 8 team is beyond belief.......

###### poor game from 2 ###### poor teams, how the fat bald headed one can say that castleford will be a top 8 team is beyond belief.......

Cracking post, no really cracking post.

Thought it was a better game than score line suggests. Cas might well do better than I thought they would. Taking into account a pretty good turnout of Tigers fans I must say I was surprised at the overall attendance especially as Parky keeps telling us about the 10,000 fans which the Bulls apparently have. Does anyone know how many turned up for the corresponding fixture last season?

First sub 10k attendance for the Bulls in 3 and a half years, but sure have a dig why not. Nothing to do with season tickets doubling, awful kick off time and being on Sky. This would never affect any other club ever obviously

First sub 10k attendance for the Bulls in 3 and a half years, but sure have a dig why not. Nothing to do with season tickets doubling, awful kick off time and being on Sky. This would never affect any other club ever obviously

You forgot the impact of Bradford City at Wembley people can only do so much.

Ref wasn't too bad I think the majority of your supporters had a difference of opinion in the first half with all the constant booing you could hear on the telly.

Yeah, it was funny that! I felt sorry for Cas. That holding down milarky is so subjective and hard to gauge that on another day even with the same ref the second binning would never have happened. I'm still trying to work out why the first binning occurred.

Wasn't having a dig, just asking a genuine question, don't be so defensive. Expect better next time then. Have they not sold as many season tickets this year?

You forgot the impact of Bradford City at Wembley people can only do so much.

Yep, people are picking and choosing their matches this year and that's fair enough. We'll attract a fair few 10k plus crowds this year just not every week. It's a period of adjustment and there are plenty of clubs who'd love the numbers we attract even if tonight was a disappointment on that count.

Wasn't having a dig, just asking a genuine question, don't be so defensive. Expect better next time then

Well you certainly looked as if you were at Parky - over 10k at our opening match vs Wakey fyi

Yep, people are picking and choosing their matches this year and that's fair enough. We'll attract a fair few 10k plus crowds this year just not every week. It's a period of adjustment and there are plenty of clubs who'd love the numbers we attract even if tonight was a disappointment on that count.

I fully expect FC and Rovers crowds to be well down this year for the same reason, 3000 job losses in the area over the last year will make a huge impact on both clubs.

It ruins the game

Players can be stupid. This isn't a new rule though it's just a new way of putting the team on a warning. Instead of calling the captain out the ref makes the signal so there is no excuse for the team on a warning all the players should know.

Taking into account a pretty good turnout of Tigers fans

Hmm, I'd disagree, there was a clutch under the screen and then a few spread around the end. Perhaps 500, although happy to bow to anyone with better judgement than me.

I too was disappointed with the crowd, two of our party weren't there affected, one was with Wibsey Juniors so probably stayed at home after, and the second, well, the Bulls fixture card has this game as a 5.45pm kick off! He only realised when he switched on his telly, made it after 15 minutes though. I think sky paired with amatuer rugby affected. It isn't often we have a Saturday early evening kick off. And so far this is our only scheduled home sky game.

Hmm, I'd disagree, there was a clutch under the screen and then a few spread around the end. Perhaps 500, although happy to bow to anyone with better judgement than me.

I'd certainly say there weren't as many as last year when they brought ahefty number iirc. Again ko time and Sky a lot to answer for

I'd certainly say there weren't as many as last year when they brought ahefty number iirc. Again ko time and Sky a lot to answer for

I can't remember their following last year, just a dad and lad behind me who kept waxing lyrical with "oh Rangi".