Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Drake

17/02/13 - London Broncos v Wakefield Trinity Wildcats - KO 3pm

Who will win?   17 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• London Broncos
    • Wakefield Trinity Wildcats
    • Draw

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

106 posts in this topic

Is that true or bar room gossip? I heard a very different story about training sessions with Melbourne.

taken from loverugbyleague

Story on SMH website with Melbourne blaming the RFL for not letting them play the Bronco's, with the Bronco's not being prepared to pay some of the costs the reason

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/storm-fume-as-game-scrapped-20130218-2enio.html

To be honest I'm glad it didnt go ahead. The last Melbourne v London warm-up game was clearly played as a friendly rather than a full blooded contest (which I had paid money for). London were 20 nil or so up and then took off the best players - and effectively let Melbourne win. A waste of fans money - unless it had been free and advertised as a warm up (I wouldnt have gone anyway).

Some good points in this thread. As I was going out of the ground to catch my flight to NZ to join the England tour, I looked back at the Etihad stand and could see just how few home fans there are left. which is a perspective you do not get when sitting in the stand.

As for Melbourne, it's the last NRL Club you would want. Most Victorian's in London are ARL fans and IIRC the crowd when we last played Melbourne as premiers was topped up by 400 free tickets distributed amongst the transient Australian community.

The Broncos needed a good start to the season, have not got it, and I'm afraid until the side performs on the field all other postings about moves, finance, merchandising and Gus Mackay are pointless as increasingly the club itself is becoming. :(

The Broncos needed a good start to the season, have not got it, and I'm afraid until the side performs on the field all other postings about moves, finance, merchandising and Gus Mackay are pointless as increasingly the club itself is becoming. :(

When challenged about the point of the Broncos the answer is always player development - somewhere other than parts of the M62 & Cumbria where pro's can come from in number.

Your considered take on that?

When challenged about the point of the Broncos the answer is always player development - somewhere other than parts of the M62 & Cumbria where pro's can come from in number.

Your considered take on that?

Player development alongside a competitive first team, retention of the fast decreasing core support, clarity in club future and improved marketing of club would be a starting point.