Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrPosh

Championship Winners - extra prize

20 posts in this topic

Could the winner of the Championship get the final (preferably the sixth, rather than eighth) place in the SL Play-Offs?

Might liven things up a bit and the share of the income generated would help teams build for a SL place.

I know they'll be accusations it will devalue the Champ (perish the thought), but it would be a great additional incentive.

Will it help anyone though?

Other than the team that finish top of SL and get a bye to the next round?

How about top 2 (or finalists)getting through automatically to the round where SL teams enter in challenge cup

How about the team that wins the championship gets promoted?

spot on. Of course, they can do that already if they meet the criteria. Didn't Windes just do that?

spot on. Of course, they can do that already if they meet the criteria. Didn't Windes just do that?

No Widnes never finished above 2nd and never were they crowned champions.

Alongside instant promotion for the side finishing top can we offer discounts on insolvency costs to the teams finishing 2nd - 4th and the side relegated from the SL. Also legal help for the relegated side to get out of contracts and psychiatric help for fans of Championship clubs that cannot accept that RL isn't immediately bigger than football after this monumental move

Some folk don't half like a wind up. We'll have winner to play bottom SL to determine SL spot next, forget the 6x player budget variance, and 18 imports.

You have Fev, Fax, Leigh and Sheffield interested in moving forward, time to engage them in a FT system of 2 tiers.

Some folk don't half like a wind up. We'll have winner to play bottom SL to determine SL spot next, forget the 6x player budget variance, and 18 imports.

You have Fev, Fax, Leigh and Sheffield interested in moving forward, time to engage them in a FT system of 2 tiers.

I agree Craig. Also two up two down winner of 2nd tier straight up and play off winners promoted too.

No, finshed 5th or 6th in their "promotion" year

:lol: Genuine laugh out loud moment, not in a disrespectful way mind.

Not sure Rugby League is ready for radical, leftfield ideas like that

These ideas will never work, they're far too complicated.

What should happen is the captain of each Championship club should go to Red Hall to play a game of musical chairs. The winner earns the right to play the 14 SL captains in a revival of the quiz 15 to 1 hosted by Phil Clarke. If they manage to win that then they go forward to play Bradley Wiggins at swing ball. If they defeat Bradley then they get invited to bake a special cake for Big Nige. If he rates the cake as good enough to enter the Ilkley & District WI show then you, my son, are in. Simple really.

What should happen is the captain of each Championship club should go to Red Hall to play a game of musical chairs. The winner earns the right to play the 14 SL captains in a revival of the quiz 15 to 1 hosted by Phil Clarke. If they manage to win that then they go forward to play Bradley Wiggins at swing ball. If they defeat Bradley then they get invited to bake a special cake for Big Nige. If he rates the cake as good enough to enter the Ilkley & District WI show then you, my son, are in. Simple really.

This is such a good idea that, like one point for being a good loser,I suggest we trial it immediately in whatever we're calling the league below Super League this week.

simply brilliant Derwent

whatever we're calling the league below Super League this week.

I note that Lobby is always at least one title behind at any single moment. When it was National League 1 & 2, he'd be calling for 4-up 4-down between Super League and the Northern Ford Premiership, and now he wants the same between the 'NLs' and Super League.

:D