Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Piggy's mate

4th Vs 5th & GT's return

48 posts in this topic

Batley to win comfortably, maybe 40-12

York to employ GTs legendary 5 drives and a kick tactics and show us some stunning one man rugby.

Buford,

Ask Swinton how they found the "legendary 5 drives and a kick" last Sunday !

Lets say we may have a team that the Knights fans can get behind and maybe just maybe give a few of our opponents a good game and perhaps a result that they don't expect. :rolleyes:

I will ask the question because I do not understand the DR rules and regs.

How many DR players will play for York.??

How many DR players will play for Batley.??

Serious question.

Answers pleeeeaaaase.

Upto (but no more than) 5 DR players will play for both teams.

They will DR a player at anytime they want so basically your right they have DR all the Hull squad

By that logic, Batley have also dual-registered the entire Huddersfield squad too then.

By that logic, Batley have also dual-registered the entire Huddersfield squad too then.

Well put Gav

I asked how many will play ,not how many might play.

I do realise that the team sheets are not finalised yet.

But surely someone has a good idea by late Friday night.

I asked how many will play ,not how many might play.

I do realise that the team sheets are not finalised yet.

But surely someone has a good idea by late Friday night.

Gary Thornton and John Kear probably do.

I suspect we'll be fielding just the one DR tomorrow. Fleming.

Whatever your opinions on GT as a coach, I cannot believe some of you have written his pre-match team talk for him. If I were GT I'd print this off and hand it to the team.

FWIW I be happy with a win this afternoon, even by a point. They won't be the same team we took to task last season that's for sure, We will need to stop Brown or he will kick us to death, something we never managed when he played for Sheffield. I still remember his 40/20 uphill the last time he visited the mount.

Whatever your opinions on GT as a coach, I cannot believe some of you have written his pre-match team talk for him. If I were GT I'd print this off and hand it to the team.

FWIW I be happy with a win this afternoon, even by a point. They won't be the same team we took to task last season that's for sure, We will need to stop Brown or he will kick us to death, something we never managed when he played for Sheffield. I still remember his 40/20 uphill the last time he visited the mount.

Simon Brown was sat next to us against sheffield last week and saw how sheffield kicking game worked against us in the second half , so I would hope weve been working on improving that this week in training

Buford,

Ask Swinton how they found the "legendary 5 drives and a kick" last Sunday !

Ill also be sure to ask them how they managed to lose against workington the week before.

Proof will be in the pudding. We looked like world beaters after his first 10 games in charge.

At least its a nice sunny day for a trip over. Enjoy the game and may the best team win.

I think were gonna paste em 36 - 4 :D

Damn I' m good!

Beside a couple of silly over ambitious off loads, and forward passes, I thought we looked very good today. Our intensity 95% in defence was very impressive and we won the collision nearly every tackle. Hirst, Scott, Applegarth and Fleming particularly made good yards, and what a machine Davies is in both attack and defence.

Hemmingway was much improved today too, and looked more dangerous both with ball in hand and boot.And I thought both JC and Greenwood were a constant threat in the backline, with the latter looking like he will score a bucketload on Black's shoulder and following up kicks.

Damn I' m good!

Did you leave before the last try ? :D

And I thought both JC and Greenwood were a constant threat in the backline, with the latter looking like he will score a bucketload

Aye, it was really good to see a classy full back down there today, even though Linner is looking a few years older these days ! :D

I think were gonna paste em 36 - 4 :D

Damn I' m good!

Arrogance at its worst.

Arrogance is not my worst feature and i dont want to bore you with a long list

Batley to win comfortably, maybe 40-12

York to employ GTs legendary 5 drives and a kick tactics and show us some stunning one man rugby.

I wish i could predict the lottery as easy'!

Should also have mentioned that we didnt get out of 2nd gear all afternoon.

I mat ask Swinton fans, but would appear they have as many problems as York!