Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rammo23

Hunslet match

82 posts in this topic

Rams will be in the play off mix

I too think they will make top eight

I too think they will make top eight

Top 8 and the double over Batley :D

Well I can see that Logic. But not surprisingly, I don't agree with it. The best team in the league..... in 2010,11&12 was Fev. They topped the league. End of.

The best team in the championship?? Well, again, depends how you view it. The term "champions" is used to describe the team winning the GF, and applying that criteria, you have to say Sheffield!

But that's not what is being debated....

So just for clarification... 2012 sheffield were the champions, deservedly winning the GF. You could argue that made them the best team in the championship....

But Coolie inferred that Fev 'weren't' the best team in the league in 2013. I just wondered who he thought was. Sheffield's performance in the 2012 was indicative of that game in 2012.... the world has moved on in that few months. Who are currently the best team in the league????

Not that it matters a jot like.... it's just me lunchtime and I'm a bit tired of doing nursing sheeeite!!!

And after all your spending (and scouting the best Rams players) to be part of the 'best' team in the Championship what happens when you eventually get denied a Super League place?? :rolleyes:

I would continue to watch fev as I have done for the last 40 years? Why would that change for me?

We'll see. I am happy to predict that you will probably engage "gloat mode"!!

How on earth will you cope if we do get a place?

Ideal scenario would be Featherstone up and Wakefield down :rolleyes:

nah, we have what we have. Fev weren't smart enough on finals day for a sheffield team well up for it. C'est la vie.

I'm a "top of the table wins it" bloke, but if we have to have the play offs - and the telly and the RFL like it, and most fans like a jolly up at the end of the season which seems to me that most seem happy with the system we have.

Be honest I'd prefer a top 4 or five play off rather than the current complex and daft system which to me, rewards mediocrity.

Finishing top gives us the easiest route through the play offs. It's then up to us to capitalise on it.

Personally in 2013 I think it's too early to tell who's the best team... but Fev are probably in most people's thoughts when/if it's being discussed. As I said, we'll see.

With you on this one Robin, BUT I didn't mind Dewsbury winning the championship in '73 from eighth place!

Im a little bit old school and to me the team that finishes top of the league at the end of a long season is the best team.

This aussie play off system is not my idea of ending the season, we should have a yorks and lancs cup in its place or something else.