Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rammo23

Hunslet match

82 posts in this topic

Gee Eddie what do you want, you've just won a game, away from home in what will be a very tough league against a side who look as if they have improved from last year. 2 wins and a BP (very unfortunate not to be 3 wins) from your first 3 games. What more do you want, and that's from a Batley fan!

That the worst display of rugby ive seen for a while hunslet were rubbish liking ideas and direction and we wasnt much better.

yes 3 points but poor performance

and shows what we all know and have known for years.we cannot play 2 games the same on the trot.

Nick

the game is not about winning

the performance is important

you may just go watch batley to see them win.

i go to take it all in....and today was boring and poor.

Nick

I do agree with you to a degree Coolie, but at the same time i'd rather play ###### and win than see an entertaining defeat.

Some weeks the team is going to be completely off colour. But if you can still get the victory, that's all that matters.

And to the players and their pay packets, winning is all that matters!

i somewhat agree with coolie it was a moderate performance but in hindsight i think last sundays efforts have taken a toll on this weeks

thought we played well in the first half when the backs played well but in the second half Coleman decided he was doing everything, sadly he's not that good, should have stayed with the first half game plan and would have won by a lot more, lets hope they learn from this and push on.Three hard earned points.

Made hard work of it today, but a wins a win. We applied a lot of pressure but again too many 'ambitious' passes in critical areas and gave away far too many silly pens.

Thought our line defence was really good but kicking game with the exception of 2 or 3 was poor. Easy to be critical of Coleman but its his first 'real' game so need to give him a run or another 2 or 3 which I would with who we've got coming up.

It's a new team and a learning curve, so we have to be patient. We have a point more than I thought so for me it's not all bad.

Fair play to Hawks tho, did a sterling job overall to make it a close game.

Made hard work of it today, but a wins a win. We applied a lot of pressure but again too many 'ambitious' passes in critical areas and gave away far too many silly pens.

Thought our line defence was really good but kicking game with the exception of 2 or 3 was poor. Easy to be critical of Coleman but its his first 'real' game so need to give him a run or another 2 or 3 which I would with who we've got coming up.

It's a new team and a learning curve, so we have to be patient. We have a point more than I thought so for me it's not all bad.

Fair play to Hawks tho, did a sterling job overall to make it a close game.

Poor game to watch, probably the highlight was Merrick twisting his ankle. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Grimshaw always looked dangerous for the Hawks, wish we had him. End of the day 7 points from 9 and defence performing pretty well. We need some spark with the ball though and after today I think we are going to need some more pace. Price and Morton both put clear but found wanting. Anyway next weeks another game, who knows. By the way GFDU, I see Fev were also feeling the effects of last week. Good job otherwise they may have topped the ton. :D

Gee Eddie what do you want, you've just won a game, away from home in what will be a very tough league against a side who look as if they have improved from last year. 2 wins and a BP (very unfortunate not to be 3 wins) from your first 3 games. What more do you want, and that's from a Batley fan!

You wasn't at the game so you can't comment.

Dewsbury gave away far too many silly penalty's.

We still need to find a goal-kicker.

Maybe I am too harsh sometimes but I was looking forward to an entertaining game of rugby, but maybe we were still feeling the effects of last week.

I for one am looking forward to Johnson playing at scrum-half as both Coleman and Spaven don't look up for the role.

Pryce still looks unfit.

Going to get a copy of the game and watch it when I've trouble sleeping as I'll be asleep in no time! Rant over!!!

i somewhat agree with coolie it was a moderate performance but in hindsight i think last sundays efforts have taken a toll on this weeks

I think moderate is a bit generous there GFDU, at times we looked clueless, and your second point about last week, well it didn`t seem to effect Featherstone`s performance today

For me the highlight of the match was the ref`s impression of a premiership footballer

still a win`s a win

I think moderate is a bit generous there GFDU, at times we looked clueless, and your second point about last week, well it didn`t seem to effect Featherstone`s performance today

For me the highlight of the match was the ref`s impression of a premiership footballer

still a win`s a win

Yes a win, is a win, but why did I and so many others return home feeling like we'd lost?

You wasn't at the game so you can't comment.

Dewsbury gave away far too many silly penalty's.

We still need to find a goal-kicker.

Maybe I am too harsh sometimes but I was looking forward to an entertaining game of rugby, but maybe we were still feeling the effects of last week.

I for one am looking forward to Johnson playing at scrum-half as both Coleman and Spaven don't look up for the role.

Pryce still looks unfit.

Going to get a copy of the game and watch it when I've trouble sleeping as I'll be asleep in no time! Rant over!!!

Fair point Edward. I was just commenting on your start to the season in general.

Cant remember many entertaining games at the SLS in recent history, apart from our win there last year, albeit against a struggling Hawks side.

Games there always seem to be scrappy and down the middle for some reason.

Glens selection policy seems fair. Thought Spaven deserved to be dropped, thought Colemen did OK in his place.

Not sure how interested Pryce is or maybe just not fit??

Morton has yet to impress and his goal kicking was average.

Surely Elliot Cosgrove is worth a place in the 17?

Fair point Edward. I was just commenting on your start to the season in general.

Cant remember many entertaining games at the SLS in recent history, apart from our win there last year, albeit against a struggling Hawks side.

Games there always seem to be scrappy and down the middle for some reason.

After the Featherstone game I thought we'd put in a good performance against Hunslet but there was no passion there. I know it was Coleman's first real game of the season but he tried to do it all himself. There was nothing coming from the half-backs yet, in fairness to them I thought our attack were playing too deep. So by the time the ball reached them Hunslet's defense were on top of them.

Maybe the pitch was too wide or the ground wasn't muddy enough or then again I guess it was just going to be one of them days.

Onwards and upwards bring on Whitehaven with a much improved performance!

Glens selection policy seems fair. Thought Spaven deserved to be dropped, thought Colemen did OK in his place.

Not sure how interested Pryce is or maybe just not fit??

Morton has yet to impress and his goal kicking was average.

Surely Elliot Cosgrove is worth a place in the 17?

After today's performance I'd even give Akaidere a chance.

Judging by what I saw on Thursday, the Rams should have a little too much for Whitehaven. If Leigh hadnt stop playing after an hour I think they would have scored 40/50 points. Relatively big pack, and Jackson takes some putting down, but didnt seem to have much creativity and looked very vulnerable to quick play the balls. Ryan Wright and O'Brien could have a field day.

Sounds like Morrison just needs to decide on a settled pair of halves and things could look pretty for Dewsbury. Very early days but cant see you guys finishing any lower than 6th at the bare minimum.

Judging by what I saw on Thursday, the Rams should have a little too much for Whitehaven. If Leigh hadnt stop playing after an hour I think they would have scored 40/50 points. Relatively big pack, and Jackson takes some putting down, but didnt seem to have much creativity and looked very vulnerable to quick play the balls. Ryan Wright and O'Brien could have a field day.

Sounds like Morrison just needs to decide on a settled pair of halves and things could look pretty for Dewsbury. Very early days but cant see you guys finishing any lower than 6th at the bare minimum.

Just waiting for Ben Johnston to recover from a hamstring injury. He will play scrum-half and Aaron Brown to carry on at stand-off. IMO we are still in need of a goal-kicker though.

thought the backs played well in the first half, but Coleman is not good enough, some say its his first full game but for me he tries to do to much, should stick to the game plan, thought the kicking from Brown wasn't too bad, scored two tries from them.

Don't think Pryce is interested he should scoring tries for fun in this league.

As for the referee lets not go there and the substitute ref was abysmal, credit to Hunslet they conned him several times.

Enough of the doom and gloom 2 wins out of 3 for a new team, onward and upward.

Yes a win, is a win, but why did I and so many others return home feeling like we'd lost?

I didn't. We won, have seven points, two away wins and a narrow home defeat to the best team in the league. All this and we aren't really firing on all cylinders as yet. Things are looking up and if we win next week we will have made the best start we have made for many a year in this league. ok, it wasn't pretty, but defence was awesome and once we cut out the errors....? if Morton had Austins pace we would have had two more tries......Only disappointment was that we still don't know whether we should play Spaven or Jy-Mel. He made two good breaks today, but otherwise not much to choose between them.

Eddie Rombo seems as though you have a problem with quite a few of the players for this season, up to now you have had a go at Spaven, Coleman, Morton and now Pryce, I can only hope that Johnston when he gets to play reaches your expectations or he will be another one on your ###### list. Pray tell what is it like to be perfect, I can only imagine

i some times wonder if any one on this site has played rugby league ie mr rambo.its 3 games into a new season with a new team and coach.two win and a bp.Last week game will of taken plenty out of the players,a win awin in this leauge. jJudge this team after 5or6 games

i some times wonder if any one on this site has played rugby league ie mr rambo.its 3 games into a new season with a new team and coach.two win and a bp.Last week game will of taken plenty out of the players,a win awin in this leauge. jJudge this team after 5or6 games

I have played Rugby League, and since I go to the games I am entitled to my opinion.

I wasn't the only one at the game that couldn't believe how lackluster we looked. Yes, we are only 3 games in but Morrison himself was looking for an improvement going into the Hunslet game. I just wonder how happy he was.

Eddie Rombo seems as though you have a problem with quite a few of the players for this season, up to now you have had a go at Spaven, Coleman, Morton and now Pryce, I can only hope that Johnston when he gets to play reaches your expectations or he will be another one on your ###### list. Pray tell what is it like to be perfect, I can only imagine

Firstly, let me point out that I don't have a problem with ANY of the players in the current squad! All sports fans want their team and individuals to play well and to play to their potential. I wasn't the only one at the game yesterday who was frustrated. We all got told how fast Morton was supposed to be but as of yet Buchanan remains the fastest in our current squad. As for Pryce, when he made the break we thought it would be head back and try time, but that wasn't to be. Coleman made two breaks but tried to do all the work himself instead of parting with the ball for certain tries. Spaven was dire against Featherstone and deserved to be dropped. I don't have a ###### list as you call it. I am a realist.

On the other hand, Lillycrop, Spicer, Hepworth, and Brown, were stand out players again.

Nick

Glad I wasn't the only one to observe this.

Im not rubbishing any players

im talking from a entertainment value

it was a poor game from that aspect

no real highlights with no stand out performances

yeah we shouldnt complain 2 away wins and a bonus point against the man city of the championship (wont say best team cos there not)

yeah eddie maybe over critical about yesterday at times.

but yesterday i dont think for one minute glenn will be entirely happy at what was served up 3 points or not.