Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rammo23

Hunslet match

82 posts in this topic

Glad I wasn't the only one to observe this.

ER I have followed your posts about how poor the rams are with interest but by quoting Coolie's wisom I now realise you defo have a screw loose!

Don't think Pryce is interested he should scoring tries for fun in this league.

To be fair, he scored two tries in two minutes yesterday, but had them both wrongly disallowed. I think you need to keep an eye on his tackling too. He has this ability to single handedly wrap opposing players up.

Im not rubbishing any players

im talking from a entertainment value

it was a poor game from that aspect

no real highlights with no stand out performances

yeah we shouldnt complain 2 away wins and a bonus point against the man city of the championship (wont say best team cos there not)

yeah eddie maybe over critical about yesterday at times.

but yesterday i dont think for one minute glenn will be entirely happy at what was served up 3 points or not.

Went and wished I'd stayed at home - left ten minutes early because it was a deadly dull game. After the fev performance I expected so much more, and although I suppose this time last year I would have just been just happy with the win, this year I feel disappointed. While I admire GM's stated desire to play expansive rugby, I can't see him being able to achieve that with the current squad (looks the slowest since Andy kelly's first year), and I think we need to concentrate on our strengths which lie in the pack. On the up side, a wins a win, Brown, spicer and lillycrop again had outstanding games and merrick got his comeuppance so it wasn't all bad. One observation though - although neither wright nor o'brien have done much wrong, they have identical game styles (can't tell them apart TBH), and I'd like to see tebby replacing one of them to add some zip at dummy half. Don't think we will struggle to avoid relegation this year, but I can't see us making the playoffs either - time will tell.

Get yer self upto Love Rugby League.com stadium, its like watching the Harlem Globetrotters :D

Get yer self upto Love Rugby League.com stadium, its like watching the Harlem Globetrotters :D

Sooner have my remaining teeth pulled - wouldn't mind having one or two of your surplus sprinters on loan though. :O

Are batley now playing friday afternoon ?

i see countless loads of batley folk decending

on mount unpleasant on friday afternoons

clutching a mat to sit on and a book to read at

halftime.

hope you can cope with attendences over 700 ;)

dont throw stones piggy...youll only get them thrown back ;)

I'd rather watch union....

This really was a poor performance, well on attack anyway. The defence was the better team, but just couldn't keep them at nil. I don't think even the referee's injury lightened the gloom. As a game it was certainly dour. As someone remarked 'I'd forgotten what mediocrity was until today' (or words similar), but that denies the quality of mefiocrity, which is 'ordinary', or 'moderate ability'.

I do hope the Whitehaven game is better.

ER I have followed your posts about how poor the rams are with interest but by quoting Coolie's wisom I now realise you defo have a screw loose!

Coolie is our leader na na na na oi! :lol:

Im not rubbishing any players

im talking from a entertainment value

it was a poor game from that aspect

no real highlights with no stand out performances

yeah we shouldnt complain 2 away wins and a bonus point against the man city of the championship (wont say best team cos there not)

yeah eddie maybe over critical about yesterday at times.

but yesterday i dont think for one minute glenn will be entirely happy at what was served up 3 points or not.

not saying you're wrong coolie lad, but just out of interest, which team do you think IS the best in the championship and why do you think that?

If your post isn't a 'wind up', (and I'm not sure it isn't :lol:), I'm genuinely interested to read your reasoning on this one

not saying you're wrong coolie lad, but just out of interest, which team do you think IS the best in the championship and why do you think that?

If your post isn't a 'wind up', (and I'm not sure it isn't :lol:), I'm genuinely interested to read your reasoning on this one

Everyone knows Coolies a closet bulldog

coolie has senior moments now and again , featherstone are 12 points a better team than any other in the division and will finish league leaders by a comfortable margin . thing i cannot understand robin is when i put up a post on the fev forum stating that the odds on fev winning the league were immense at 6/5 my post was removed for some reason . that price was the bet of the year .

Everyone knows Coolies a closet bulldog

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've heard rumours. You know, whispers n al that!!

The best team is the current champions

yes your team came top and sheffield won

what is basicly a knockout comp.

fev were the more consistant team giving

you ammo on the best team argument

but sheffield won the major prize.

in super league...not that we care like

if you asked 200 people (this survey must be done over 2 home games at batley ;) ) who has been the best team for the last 2 years...answer would be leeda...yet leeds didnt win the league either year.....

best teams last year leeds & sheffield

:)

I hate myself for saying this, and it feels like I'm kicking myself in the alberts doing so, but looking at the contenders, man for man, I reckon the dogs could have the best players. What the dogs don't have is finn, kain, consistency (always play like girlies against the eagles) and the support - which probably makes fev the best team all round, but not by a lot. The scrap for the top spot could be very interesting this year, and the top dogs could even be .... :O the dogs :( .

Sheffield won the grand final last season so surely they are the best team in the league!

Very nice to read that GOR but in my wildest dreams I don't think that will happen. The main reason being that I don't expect to see Alex Walmsley in a dogs shirt again and he is a major loss.

Why is the best team in the league decided by who wins a cup competition, but to decide who is the worst team & gets relegated, Is the team that finishes bottom of the league?

Sheffield won the grand final last season so surely they are the best team in the league!

Well I can see that Logic. But not surprisingly, I don't agree with it. The best team in the league..... in 2010,11&12 was Fev. They topped the league. End of.

The best team in the championship?? Well, again, depends how you view it. The term "champions" is used to describe the team winning the GF, and applying that criteria, you have to say Sheffield!

But that's not what is being debated....

So just for clarification... 2012 sheffield were the champions, deservedly winning the GF. You could argue that made them the best team in the championship....

But Coolie inferred that Fev 'weren't' the best team in the league in 2013. I just wondered who he thought was. Sheffield's performance in the 2012 was indicative of that game in 2012.... the world has moved on in that few months. Who are currently the best team in the league????

Not that it matters a jot like.... it's just me lunchtime and I'm a bit tired of doing nursing sheeeite!!!

I hate myself for saying this, and it feels like I'm kicking myself in the alberts doing so, but looking at the contenders, man for man, I reckon the dogs could have the best players. What the dogs don't have is finn, kain, consistency (always play like girlies against the eagles) and the support - which probably makes fev the best team all round, but not by a lot. The scrap for the top spot could be very interesting this year, and the top dogs could even be .... :O the dogs :( .

I'm a very pragmatic soul Grumps. Not prone to glorification, pot hunting or the looking down on others histrionics that we so readily see. Last years Fev team were good, but unlike the 2011 performances, you could see gaps appearing that could be exposed - and so it came to pass!

I honestly believe that Fev have the ammo this year to plug those gaps. We'll see come final day (if we get there) :lol:

One man's arrogance is another man's confidence...... :lol:

I'm a very pragmatic soul Grumps. Not prone to glorification, pot hunting or the looking down on others histrionics that we so readily see. Last years Fev team were good, but unlike the 2011 performances, you could see gaps appearing that could be exposed - and so it came to pass!

I honestly believe that Fev have the ammo this year to plug those gaps. We'll see come final day (if we get there) :lol:

One man's arrogance is another man's confidence...... :lol:

I have to think that it will be fev's strength in depth that will win the day - well the campionship anyway, but having said that, it only takes a couple of injuries to key players like finny and kain to make things interesting. Still think it's a load of tosh though, that the most consistent team don't always end up as league champions - imagine that happening in football. Just to throw in a thought - should the two finalists for the playoffs be handicapped according to points difference ? ie. If the eagles, who finished 4th, had been handicapped by the 6 point difference in the clubs positions, then fev would have won and hence been rewarded for their consistency. Sounds contrived I know, but surely there should be some benefit to being top other than two bites at the cherry.

Alternatively, maybe it should be a two legged affair.

We wont know the best team in 2013 until the end of the season! But I am going with GOR & Coolie ..... BATLEY RLFC

nah, we have what we have. Fev weren't smart enough on finals day for a sheffield team well up for it. C'est la vie.

I'm a "top of the table wins it" bloke, but if we have to have the play offs - and the telly and the RFL like it, and most fans like a jolly up at the end of the season which seems to me that most seem happy with the system we have.

Be honest I'd prefer a top 4 or five play off rather than the current complex and daft system which to me, rewards mediocrity.

Finishing top gives us the easiest route through the play offs. It's then up to us to capitalise on it.

Personally in 2013 I think it's too early to tell who's the best team... but Fev are probably in most people's thoughts when/if it's being discussed. As I said, we'll see.

The top three will be Leigh, Fev and Halifax just based on what they have spent. Sheffield had a good run of form at the end of last season and could upset anyone on their day as they proved in the GF, but lack depth in comparison. Likewise Batley will probably make up the top 5, beyond that its fairly open.

At the moment Fev look the best squad and their result against Leigh supports that. Personally I don't think Fax are as good as last season.

The good news for Rams is that at the moment it looks like we won't be in the relegation mix.

Rams will be in the play off mix