Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Honor James

SPANISH TOWN CELEBRATE DOUBLE HIGH SCHOOLS RUGBY LEAGUE SUCCESS

4 posts in this topic

IN JAMAICA

Spanish Town Comprehensive, from St. Catherine’s, are celebrating becoming the U16 and U19 Jamaica Rugby League Association High School champions in a notable double Grand Final success.

The U16s defeated St. George’s College 18-2 thanks to an impressive second half display to claim their first title, with tries from Odane Christie, Oshane Christie who claimed a double and Steven Thomas. Odane Christie also landed a conversion. St. George’s points came via a penalty from Akeem Gray.

In the older age group, Calabar pushed Spanish Town all the way and were ahead 16-10 approaching the hour mark before succumbing 22-16, in a clash highlighted by outstanding defence on both sides. Spanish Town kept their composure and finished stronger with two tries in the final 10 minutes to seal a historic win. Spanish Town were superbly led by winger Sean Pitter who posted a hat trick, Contona Hibbert their other try scorer; Linval Green, Shevon Cuff and Denis Andrade with their goals. Calabar’s tries came from Adolph Gayle, Nicholas Johnson and Remone Gordon; Neville Williams with two conversions.

For further details contact:

Romeo Monteith

JRLA Development Manager

Tel: 1-876-460-9901

Email: romeocbar@yahoo.com

<ends>

PHIL CAPLAN

RLEF MEDIA OFFICER

That was confusing. I was wondering why a town in Spain was competing in the Jamaican league!

That was confusing. I was wondering why a town in Spain was competing in the Jamaican league!

Me too! :D

j21stkingrodney.JPG

Apologies ........... so here is, introducing, Spanish Town, Jamaica.