Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bleep1673

Doncaster-Cleethorpes-Scunthorpe Railway Stuffed

18 posts in this topic

How am I supposed to get to watch the Eagles now ? Replacement buses adding an hour each way to journey

Story was on the regional news last night. Some of the pictures were astonishing. It's sheer good fortune this wasn't a major disaster.

I worked at Hatfield Main for 12 years

The ground is still moving and they don't have a clue of when repair work can start, the lads who are still working at the pit are worried for their jobs because no one seems to know where the liability will lie.

It has also closed the Hull to Doncaster line which joins the Scunny to Doncaster line just to the West of Thorne.

Travelled by "train" from Hull to Lincoln last Saturday. First leg. Hull to Donny, was a replacement bus service. Wasn't so bad, got us there in reasonable time. Only down side was calling at Goole train station. Does anybody know when aliens first landed there?

Travelled by "train" from Hull to Lincoln last Saturday. First leg. Hull to Donny, was a replacement bus service. Wasn't so bad, got us there in reasonable time. Only down side was calling at Goole train station. Does anybody know when aliens first landed there?

Last Saturday.

B);)

I used to go out with a girl from Goole and when we went out she would always point out "nutty Graham" - the lad whose parents were brother and sister

Good Lord

I used to go out with a girl from Goole and when we went out she would always point out "nutty Graham" - the lad whose parents were brother and sister

Good Lord

Do you reckon his mother was "Nutty Slack"?

Are people from Goole really called ...... whoops, sweary filter warning

groovie-goolies.jpg

Are people from Goole really called ...... whoops, sweary filter warning

On a similar train of thought, there's a village called Hook just outside of Goole.

I say bring back the Humber Ferry.

image_10502.jpg

On a similar train of thought, there's a village called Hook just outside of Goole.

There's one in Hampshire too, apparently.

Or so one of our more tiresome members continually claims. :rolleyes:

I say bring back the Humber Ferry.

image_10502.jpg

Was that the day the TV Detector van was in Hull?

;) ;) :D

:lol: :lol:

I believe it depicts hundreds of refugees fleeing from Lincolnshire. The potato harvest must have failed that year.

Ah, Doncaster, Cleethorpes and Scunthorpe.

The golden triangle. :)

that's where she lived!!