Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Daddy

Brent Webb - Not a good signing for Catalans

69 posts in this topic

- Not in the same league as Clint Greenshields

- Not as quick as he was when he first came to Leeds

- Poor discipline

- Adds to Catalans already poor disciplinary record

Catalan should change their Dragons name to "Dirties!" Dirtiest team in the SL by a whole mile(and I include Widnes in that!) :rolleyes:

Catalan should change their Dragons name to "Dirties!"

I see what you did there......

Brian Mac hauled Webb off against Wakey when he gifted us a try through his ill-discipline last year, and I think never played again. He should have been put on a plane then. A real bad example of an Aussie taking the place of a local lad. He has nowt to offer Catalans that a young French lad couldn't offer.

Brian Mac hauled Webb off against Wakey when he gifted us a try through his ill-discipline last year, and I think never played again. He should have been put on a plane then. A real bad example of an Aussie taking the place of a local lad. He has nowt to offer Catalans that a young French lad couldn't offer.

True, he's a total liability. I thought they should've stuck with Stacul.

Maybe Wire should get shut of Westwood, following Webb up the pitch for a feud was a stupid as anything I've seen.

I'm no Webb fan by the way, but Westwood should have had a red.

Maybe Wire should get shut of Westwood, following Webb up the pitch for a feud was a stupid as anything I've seen.

Silly moment from one of Wakey's finest, but he's so much more disciplined than he used to be. He's allowed to chance going to the bin with 9 mins to go when the game is in the bag.

I agree, but Westwood does offer good performances.

Leeds last year always looked better without Webb than with him for me.

I agree, but Westwood does offer good performances.

Leeds last year always looked better without Webb than with him for me.

As I said, I am no Webb fan. I certainly am not defending Webb. however Westwood was an idiot and was lucky that the ref...

He is a Kiwi isn't he?

Born in Oz but in RL that has no bearing on who you represent internationally

Stupid post of the year!!

One of the best players in super league and we should get rid of him!!

I think you're another pie on drugs!! :-P

Having seen Hock grab a ref and try and gouge a player over the past few years Im surprised you thought Westwood squaring up to a player who had had a running battle with so stupid.

That said, you do have a point - I wouldnt have been surprised if Westwood did get a red, and I certainly thought they should have got the penalty.

Somebody snapping and starting a fight aftrr 70mins of provocation is hardly a hanging offence though.

Having seen Hock grab a ref and try and gouge a player over the past few years Im surprised you thought Westwood squaring up to a player who had had a running battle with so stupid.

That said, you do have a point - I wouldnt have been surprised if Westwood did get a red, and I certainly thought they should have got the penalty.

Somebody snapping and starting a fight aftrr 70mins of provocation is hardly a hanging offence though.

I wish I was as thoughtful as you, nice response...... I think Padge was on fishing alert.

Elima,Webb and Westwood were all equally embarassing,as was the 'commentary' again.Five minutes of conversation,as the game was carrying on,before eventually realising that they were all wrong and the touch judge was absolutely right.Then another five minutes of conversation,asking each other what the rules are - you really couldn't make it up.

I agree with CM, there are far too many Aussies/Kiwis in tr Catalans team. There must be a young French lad who can do a better job than Anderson and Millard.

Well said Dave. If Westwood had been sent off, conceded the penalty and Webb had stayed on, I still would have defended Westwood. Webb had it coming to him. It's just a shame Ben didn't get a chance to come back on and do the same to Elima.

THIS

Having seen Hock grab a ref and try and gouge a player over the past few years I'm surprised you thought Westwood squaring up to a player who had had a running battle with so stupid..

Hock is an altogether different level of stupid, but I'm still surprised that people think Benny's some sort of angel. They really aren't that far apart on a regular day. (Not defending the eye gouging in particular mind. That was inexcusable)

as a team i thought catalans were disgraceful, elima and webb appeared to be intent on causing harm to someone, as one poster has already said the dirtiest team i have seen for some time..............

THIS

Explanation would be nice, rather than agreeing with a silly post...... Westwood is one of the country's best players!!

Why would Warrington get rid of one of their best players and regular top performer, absolute ridiculous comment from Padge.... I think he's being mischievous

Westwood shouldn't have punched out, but he'd had enough of the Catalan tatics.

Born in Oz but in RL that has no bearing on who you represent internationally

Or rugby union.

Or athletics.

Or cricket.

Need I go on?

Explanation would be nice, rather than agreeing with a silly post...... Westwood is one of the country's best players!!

Why would Warrington get rid of one of their best players and regular top performer, absolute ridiculous comment from Padge.... I think he's being mischievous

Westwood shouldn't have punched out, but he'd had enough of the Catalan tatics.

If the ref isn't going to do his job, sometimes you take the law into your own hands. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. You can't let your side be bullied.

Stupid post of the year!!

One of the best players in super league and we should get rid of him!!

I think you're another pie on drugs!! :-P

Westwood followed Webb up field,slapped him and wasn't deemed to be the aggressor,even though Webb did play for Leeds,I'm no fan of his.How Westwood only got a yellow card is surprising to say the least.

Westwood followed Webb up field,slapped him and wasn't deemed to be the aggressor,even though Webb did play for Leeds,I'm no fan of his.How Westwood only got a yellow card is surprising to say the least.

What about provocation?