Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Daddy_merged

Brent Webb - Not a good signing for Catalans

69 posts in this topic

I'm not saying anymore... I don't need the hassle! (especially DaveT, he'll make me feel bad cos he's so nice. It's his super-power!)

:biggrin:

Webb is a horrible little sod, niggly little ######. He went in with elbows and forearms to Westwoods face initially, yet looked put out that Westwood wasnt happy. He shouldnt have carried it on, but neither was it a red card. Sin bin them both and bloody get on with it. Plus it was all worth it to see the little rat faced get put on his ass.

I'm not saying anymore... I don't need the hassle! (especially DaveT, he'll make me feel bad cos he's so nice. It's his super-power!)

Please don't stop on our account. We remember a time when the Bulls didn't even care who they were playing; their team would just trample all comers as the fans chanted 'Wooly Bully' and waved foam fingers about.

That we are now the target of poorly-aimed swipes is testament to how we've come since then.

Webb is a horrible little sod, niggly little ######. He went in with elbows and forearms to Westwoods face initially, yet looked put out that Westwood wasnt happy. He shouldnt have carried it on, but neither was it a red card. Sin bin them both and bloody get on with it. Plus it was all worth it to see the little rat faced get put on his ass.

Yep - for me it was two blokes who had been going at each other all game getting a little over-excited. This feels like exactly what the sin-bin is for - calming a couple of blokes down.

I was surprised that Westwood didn't smack Webb earlier - when Webb was punching Westwood for daring to tackle him - I suspect that if Westwood had responded he would have seen red then.

Please don't stop on our account. We remember a time when the Bulls didn't even care who they were playing; their team would just trample all comers as the fans chanted 'Wooly Bully' and waved foam fingers about.

That we are now the target of poorly-aimed swipes is testament to how we've come since then.

Crikey, that took longer than I thought. Perhaps that pedastal is higher than I imagined.

Ahh the good ol' days, Brian Noble smiled too.

His dad wasn't a quick learner, he was a quickie, best parts left on the sheets

He doe's look in occasionally you know. :D

Catalan should change their Dragons name to "Dirties!" Dirtiest team in the SL by a whole mile(and I include Widnes in that!) :rolleyes:

Do that mean Friday's game was: The Thirties versus The Dirties?

;)

He doe's look in occasionally you know. :D

Hence the latter part of the post :P

Do that mean Friday's game was: The Thirties versus The Dirties?

;)

B) Nice.

Webb and Westwood both charged with grade B.

Pryce with grade A.

Seems standing toe to toe having a go at each other is more serious than a cheap shot at a defenceless player on the ground.

Webb and Westwood both charged with grade B.

Pryce with grade A.

Seems standing toe to toe having a go at each other is more serious than a cheap shot at a defenceless player on the ground.

Technically ,he wasn't on the ground,he was getting up and in the touch judges opinion it wasn't intentional.

Technically ,he wasn't on the ground,he was getting up and in the touch judges opinion it wasn't intentional.

he wasnt stood up though iirc.

Im not sure how the tj can call on intent.

he wasnt stood up though iirc.

Im not sure how the tj can call on intent.

You could hear him say it when talking to the ref.

You could here him say it when talking to the ref.

sorry yes I wasnt disagreeing with you - I found it a strange call at the time.

The only way that could have been accidental was if Pryce didnt see Myler there. As Pryce isnt blind, id suggest it was a wrong call.

sorry yes I wasnt disagreeing with you - I found it a strange call at the time.

The only way that could have been accidental was if Pryce didnt see Myler there. As Pryce isnt blind, id suggest it was a wrong call.

yeah, but he didn't see that he was holding that glass that time, and he didn't see that he shouldn't have been assisting kicking in that door to the house that wasn't in, and he didn't see that stiff arm to kevin sinfield's face (which sinfield definitely didn't see) and he didn't see he was grabbing a handful of burgess' ballbag.

i dont know about anyone else but Leon Pryce is one of the last people who's 'viewpoint' i'd be relying on.

Cant be doing with Webb, such a liability, been living off former glories for years. There must be better French full backs than him.

Webb 1 match, Westwood 1 match, apparently.

Pryce no matches as he took an early guilty plea and the French forward who floored Thages has had his ban upheld, thank goodness (although I would have been tempted to increase it myself just to punish the cheek the club showed in appealing the ban in the first place). No ban at all for Scruton and his tackle on O'Brien, but a £300 fine so that suggests he wasn't entirely clean.