Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheDuke

Its that time of year

94 posts in this topic

Firstly groundsman I have lost 10lbs since Xmas so I might be able to sneak further back in the scrum. Secondly we (acorn) were predicted for the drop 2years running and made playoffs in those 2years. The 3rd season we were predicted 4th and finished bottom. Nobody who writes in papers or on here has any clue about where people will finish. Even more so now with the weddings stag dos and holidays. I have an idea about which teams are going to be strong and how strong we are. It's all about how consistently you can field a good side or how strong the squad is.

We will be disappointed with anything less than 6th this year. Time will tell all I know is there will be some surprise packages this year and the 2 teams that came up with us will take some beating!

Dockers and skirlaugh will be the whipping boys in the division I played against a lot of them in the a teams games this season in hull and district and I can assure you their not up to it period

I would add myton to that heard they cancelled training last night only 8 players ? West hull look the pick of your hull teams.

Hoping for a decent season from Skirlaugh, been & watched training a few times, there has been plenty training & some real effort , time will tell lost a few senior players, signed a couple & should see some of the youngsters get a chance.

He's trained really hard to be fair, think he's playing in the second row this season !

Weather is ######. Sat in hotel room on forum. Bad times!

I would add myton to that heard they cancelled training last night only 8 players ? West hull look the pick of your hull teams.

Tend to agree I'm not a big myton fan I seen them a few times last yr. their was very very lucky on more then a few occasions

Woke up to lovely sunshine in the north west this morning.

All the best to everyone this afternoon :) :)

Dockers and skirlaugh will be the whipping boys in the division I played against a lot of them in the a teams games this season in hull and district and I can assure you their not up to it period

what a stupid post if you've played against there a teams what's that got to do with the conference teams

I'll tell you why because there was fielding 1st team players using the games as pre season for the lads to get match fit

I'll tell you why because there was fielding 1st team players using the games as pre season for the lads to get match fit

Clueless , granted a few lads did have a run out but i'd say 3 maybe 4 tops! anyway Opening wkd results make your statement sound very silly!!

was a very good win for dockers on saturday considering they have lost key players karl smirk and nick powley and had full back danny ulyatt missing, looking in the paper the myton team looked strong, my only concern for dockers is they are to inconsistent i know they made the top six in 2011 but other than that over the last few years they have never really been able to do it week in week out to challenge with the big boys of the division, maybe they can change that this year and saturday was a great way to start!

Us been Dockers hull Fan, and yes Rodger totally agree with everything you have just said , and for us this year to be more consistent is definitely something we have spoke about! But I was just replying to Hull Fans stupid post claiming Dockers and Skirlaugh will be the leagues "whipping Boys" not gonna happen