See England take on the best at the 2017 Rugby League World Cup

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mark richardson

great weather for a match

25 posts in this topic

Its a beautiful morning

Is the scene set for our first win?

Come on you Lions!

Nice to hear all positives Mark - lets hope we can keep this thread 100% positive

Nice to hear all positives Mark - lets hope we can keep this thread 100% positive

. It's a forum,opinions views vary,would be extremely boring if we all shared the same opinions.

Yes, 'tis a nice sunny day, but, as John Wayne said at Pearl Harbour. "there's a Nip in the air".

. It's a forum,opinions views vary,would be extremely boring if we all shared the same opinions.

Very true Dave, but it is a nice day for a match!

Totally agree with that Duffymoon - what I was saying is that I just hope the rest of the day followed on all positives for us Swinton fans

Ruined by the worst performance ive ever seen by an official. I've never walked out of a game when we've been beaten by such a score and thought that the ref won the game for the other side. I would as go as far to say that if the betting committee looked into the game they would suspend the official!

Ruined by the worst performance ive ever seen by an official. I've never walked out of a game when we've been beaten by such a score and thought that the ref won the game for the other side. I would as go as far to say that if the betting committee looked into the game they would suspend the official!

So you would have won with a different referee?

It was pitiful by mr hewer

However...After we went 14 6 up we relaxed far too much...went to 14 18...and that was it

Hope Jordan Burke is ok...he was great till his injury.

Why was Chris Clarke in the centre?!

Actually, we had at least four scoring opportunities in the first half - but due to lack of experience they were missed. Second half started well with nice try - but then some bad decisions by the ref + Sheffield improved greatly so they scored 46 points in the second half............plenty of effort but I am sorry, but we need a few more experienced players in the team.

I think it will be a dog fight between ourselves, Barrow, Hunslet, York, Doncaster and Workington to avoid relegation.....:(

I think you can probably throw Keighley into that mix as well! Relegation would be an absolute disaster,lets not even contemplate that.

So you would have won with a different referee?

we would have got a bonus point. come the end of the season that point that we have had stolen off us today could well be crucial. but hey as long as the big clubs in the league are winning who cares.

Sheffield are hardly a big club! Credit where credit is due look how far they have come since they beat us in the play off final in 2006.

we would have got a bonus point. come the end of the season that point that we have had stolen off us today could well be crucial. but hey as long as the big clubs in the league are winning who cares.

OK. Just wondered. Just to accuse the referee of corruption seems a bit extreme, but fair enough, I wasn't there.

OK. Just wondered. Just to accuse the referee of corruption seems a bit extreme, but fair enough, I wasn't there.

it was that bad that i am contemplating writing to the jokers at the RFL.

To be honest i can only see 2 poss wins out of the next 7 games, keighley away and donny at home

Watching the super league over the weekend on tv the referees have had a major influence on results

They are poor

Today however our own composure and inability to finish particularly in the first half were just as much to blame.

There was a diabolical forward pass missed in the Bradford v Cas game last night! Poor refereeing decisions are always difficult to accept hopefully over the course of the season things will even themselves out.

The one that got me most was the blatant, almost comical, knock-on by the sheffield lad at a maximum 5 yards from the linesman. The ref may not have seen it from where he was but the whole stand saw it and did the whole 'wayyyyyyyyy' as if to acknowledge that anyone with a pair of eyes saw the player drop the ball from waist height, watched it bounce and then caught it whilst still standing. Just to see the linesman not bat an eyelid and 'play-on' ensue.

Sheffield defo raised their game in the second half and deserved the win, but I agree that we would have got a bonus point without that ref. To be fair though he was just terrible for both sides, I saw a few of our lads throw completely unnoticed forward passes. I think the difference was that the decisions (or lack of) that went against us were in crucial areas whereas the ones that went against Sheffield weren't.

I wonder if the reason they faded as the 2nd half progressed was because they were not as fit as they are supposed to be.

Perhaps there needs to be greater leadership out on the field plus the big lads may graft and gel better by having their own 'pack leader'. From leading 14-6 soon after the break to slumping dramatically and going down 20-52 at the hooter surely must indicate something went badly wrong out there on the field of play.

One of the turning point was just before Sheffield scored their first. Swinton defending on their 20, Sheffield kick through, Lions player jumps and ball hits his foot, goes to a Sheffield player and the ref waves back to 1 and Sheffield score a play later. Now according to the new rules if a player charges down then the play is waved on. If it accidentally hits the player the play is waved on. So how did it go back to first tackle?

Second half, Sheffield player catches the ball from a kick, Swinton player makes no attempt to tackle him but stands over him, steals the ball and passes out wide for us to score in the corner. Ref disallows the try as he says he called held. Why?

Sheffield deserved to win the game but they got a huge assist to do it by Hewer. He was awfull!!!!!

makes u wonder why the RFL bother with us at all. The lower leagues are just an annoyance, they should show their true colours and flirt us off to start our own league with a fair playing field.

makes u wonder why the RFL bother with us at all. The lower leagues are just an annoyance, they should show their true colours and flirt us off to start our own league with a fair playing field.

This thought has crossed my mind in recent times especially when the Challenge Cup comes around.