Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PLD

Team v Doncaster

171 posts in this topic

sounds like we're not good enough at 6,7 & 9 again in attack.

How many times have we to keep saying that? We can't keep saying "if Matty had been fit" and so on.....we could be quarter way through the season before we see him.

Donny in again to make it 20-0, same score as last time we played there in the play offs

Are we going to get nilled at the Keepmoat again ?

very poor. i thought we would struggle, but this sounds like a very poor performance after a promosing start to the season. picked up a couple of injuries as well.

We've scored 3 tries in 3 games despite having plenty of territory and opportunity, its not difficult to see where our deficiences are.

Donny have gone again, its now Donny 26 Town 0

Very poor effort.

Wonder how many spare halves Widnes have ... I'll take two if they've got them . We've done the look at our players routine .

Town finally get on the scoreboard after John Patrick goes in at the corner. Donny 26 Town 4.

The balance of the team is all wrong, having a hooker and a half back on the bench isnt any good. If Stack went off we would have had no attacking threat as we attack that side all the time and only use Brett Phillips as a battering ram, the half backs may not be good enough but we dont have enough attacking options that we use

The balance of the team is all wrong, having a hooker and a half back on the bench isnt any good. If Stack went off we would have had no attacking threat as we attack that side all the time and only use Brett Phillips as a battering ram, the half backs may not be good enough but we dont have enough attacking options that we use

Spot on gilly, as I was saying we haven't got a plan B or C.

the next 2 home games are huge now. sheffield are beatable especially at derwent park and barrow has to be nothing less than a win and to stop them getting a bp. lets just hope this a bad day at the office and the boys bounce back in style.

Something's gonna have to change to have any chance of knocking the champions over ...huge ask .

sheffield are beatable especially at derwent park

Sheffield have put 52 past Swinton today away from home

Wonder how many spare halves Widnes have ... I'll take two if they've got them . We've done the look at our players routine .

halves is certainly a problem. i always thought before the season started this was an area that town had to strengthen to compete in this tough league and I.M.O we aren't strong enough at 6&7 at the moment.

Sheffield have put 52 past Swinton today away from home

ive just seen that. they were getting beat at half time as well. we might struggle then lol

well a bad day at the office for Town,creativity seems to be the buzz word at the minute,but i am sure the lads can redeem tnemselves.

The thing is we all said last season we were lacking in the halves even at that level. Its ok having a big pack to take us forward but we have nobody behind them with the flair, speed and spark to turn it into points. Recruiting a quality half back should have been our top priority in the winter but for some reason we didn't and ended up signing Coyle quite late as a bit of a panic signing IMO.

4pts and the champions next ... We all knew this was a whole new ball game , and we needed the creativity and zip to match , but unfortunately we haven't got it , and your not gonna roll these mobs over with plan A muscle and grunt . It's great telling us we have 5 good props , but all the other teams have them to . Forads will cancel each other out - its the guile and creation that decides the games . We hear lots about our fine pack , but to me we've neglected the point scoring and creating half of the team and its to often haunting us . Neither Forber or Coyle are gonna cut it , and if Luptons shut down were do we go ? Every team knows it . We don't have enough avenues of attack , only obvious threats for teams to nullify . Widnes may be a poor SL team but I'd get their help in that area if possible , it'll at least improve us.

The thing is we all said last season we were lacking in the halves even at that level. Its ok having a big pack to take us forward but we have nobody behind them with the flair, speed and spark to turn it into points. Recruiting a quality half back should have been our top priority in the winter but for some reason we didn't and ended up signing Coyle quite late as a bit of a panic signing IMO.

i agree with you 100% derwent. you need a little genral behind a big pack. it should have been a priority in the winter.

In addition to the half back issue we have found ourselves short in other areas though. We have had one injury and have to use John Patrick on the wing. John is an excellant centre but an out and out winger with blistering speed will expose him on the wing but we have nobody else. Surely the point of the DR is to fill gaps in the squad in key areas because we cant go wide with speed that makes us much easier to defend against

In addition to the half back issue we have found ourselves short in other areas though. We have had one injury and have to use John Patrick on the wing. John is an excellant centre but an out and out winger with blistering speed will expose him on the wing but we have nobody else. Surely the point of the DR is to fill gaps in the squad in key areas because we cant go wide with speed that makes us much easier to defend against

I agree but a good scrum half who attacks the defensive line and sucks players in can create space and overlaps which can mitigate the lack of pace out wide. Our halves are too static and even when they do move it tends to be lateral which is easy to defend against if you move up and close the space down.

If you ask me we need to sign a decent attacking and goal kicking half back to play along side Carl Forber